INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Won't tune ESPN2  (Read 2750 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Won't tune ESPN2
« on: September 19, 2014, 02:56:25 pm »

It appears that all my other channels work fine, but if I try to tune ESPN2 on my HDHomeRun Prime, it just shows no signal.  To be clear, I CAN get it to tune in the quickTV app that comes with the Prime...not even sure where to start troubleshooting this, but it has been going on for a few days.  Please help!!

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
Re: Won't tune ESPN2
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 03:34:08 pm »

Interesting...I have JRiver MC20 also installed at work, and we have a HDHomeRun Prime, and ESPN2 won't tune here either.  In both cases it is channel 1016.  Can someone else try?  I am using Cox in Orange County California if it matters.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 04:53:56 pm »

Can you contact SiliconDust support?  They may be able to tell from their log file what is going on.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 05:30:21 pm »

I have opened a ticket to Silicon Dust's support team.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 01:55:47 pm »

So I did what they asked, and enabled logging, etc...here is their responce:

The channel appears to be tuning normally. Suspect a software issue in JRiver. If you'd like we can take a look at a sample recording and see if anything is out of the ordinary.

I tested this on another friend who has the same setup as me, and he has the same issue, so this is 3 seperate installs with the same problem...granted all using Cox Cable, but the channel tunes in quick TV, just not in JRiver.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 02:56:36 pm »

Just got this back from Silicon Dust support:

Analysis of the stream shows that your cable provider is sending 2 different types of tables on the program map table (PMT) PID. The PMT table itself is used to identify which audio and video streams make up that particular channel. The other table contains leftover data from the satellite transmission from ESPN to the cable provider and should be ignored. We have encountered many programs in the past that have problems when both of these tables are present, although it's technically a valid configuration (just not commonly seen). Our guess is that JRiver is having a similar issue, and that is resulting in it not finding the audio or video streams, and eventually reporting no signal. They may need to investigate their PMT parsing to verify that it is handling things correctly.

mm0

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 03:05:26 pm »

Just got this back from Silicon Dust support:

Analysis of the stream shows that your cable provider is sending 2 different types of tables on the program map table (PMT) PID. The PMT table itself is used to identify which audio and video streams make up that particular channel. The other table contains leftover data from the satellite transmission from ESPN to the cable provider and should be ignored. We have encountered many programs in the past that have problems when both of these tables are present, although it's technically a valid configuration (just not commonly seen). Our guess is that JRiver is having a similar issue, and that is resulting in it not finding the audio or video streams, and eventually reporting no signal. They may need to investigate their PMT parsing to verify that it is handling things correctly.

mm0

Can you send me a MC log?  Thanks.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 03:17:12 pm »

attached to this post...thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 04:41:35 pm »

Please try the following DLL with MC20.0.17

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33u9zfi1pe5mgez/JRTelevision.zip?dl=0

Unzip it and copy to MC20 installation folder.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 04:45:28 pm »

Thanks...that fixed it...at least ESPN2 is now working...haven't tried any other channels except ESPN...but all signs show that it has been fixed...thanks again!

mm0

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 05:00:32 pm »

Thanks for the feedback.

Next build:

Fixed: Some CableCARD television channels with multiple audio streams were not handled correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up