INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is Ipc? ( Live://ipc?pipe=000008C8&streaming=1 )  (Read 4036 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
What is Ipc? ( Live://ipc?pipe=000008C8&streaming=1 )
« on: November 18, 2014, 06:25:17 pm »

Upon downloading/Upgrading 20 (last week) 3 of my client machines (desktops, laptops all win 7, all upgraded from 19, all up to date, all connecting to same jriver Library...basically all mirrors of each other) randomly start playing this Ipc file, if i turn up volume, there is no audio, if i look at display view, no video, if i right click "on disk external", i get the error "the file Live://ipc?pipe=000008C8&streaming=1 does not exist"

http://i58.tinypic.com/jrzqeo.jpg

thanks

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: What is Ipc? ( Live://ipc?pipe=000008C8&streaming=1 )
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 06:29:05 pm »

What build do you have installed?  MC 20.0.39 is at the top of this board.

Read the WDM topic for details on the new driver.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 06:34:51 pm »

20.0.39 on server and clients.

it was that wdm driver again, disabled it in playback options again.
thanks guys.

greynolds

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 07:00:48 pm »

Are we going to need to select a different default Windows sound device every time we install an update to stop this from happening?  If so, that's going to be pretty annoying.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 07:11:44 pm »

Are we going to need to select a different default Windows sound device every time we install an update to stop this from happening?  If so, that's going to be pretty annoying.
No.

greynolds

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 07:35:46 pm »

No.
Thanks Jim.  A one time thing is no big deal :).

~OHM~

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 09:14:58 pm »

I guess i must be one of the lucky ones as i have never had a issue with this driver.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

greynolds

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 10:07:07 pm »

I guess i must be one of the lucky ones as i have never had a issue with this driver.
Could it be a simple matter of having Windows sounds enabled versus disabled?  I currently have the Windows sounds enabled on that PC.

~OHM~

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 05:18:12 am »

It has always just sat in windows, I tested it the first day out. On install I chose to always trust install from MC.  It is not used at this point, I'm running w7 with hdmi out to dac then to tv. Sound for tv (pc monitor) is analog, so my settings are w7 high def audio device is default for pc sounds and in MC it is set to use the sound from hdmi for music.

On every update for MC it has (wdm) never changed anything in my settings. I do windows updates manually once a month.

I should mention i have a pc for the large tv for movies hooked up with hdmi for pic and sound and have never had a issue with this pc the only difference is there is no analog hook up involved

greynolds

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 06:28:20 am »

It has always just sat in windows, I tested it the first day out. On install I chose to always trust install from MC.  It is not used at this point, I'm running w7 with hdmi out to dac then to tv. Sound for tv (pc monitor) is analog, so my settings are w7 high def audio device is default for pc sounds and in MC it is set to use the sound from hdmi for music.

On every update for MC it has (wdm) never changed anything in my settings. I do windows updates manually once a month.

I should mention i have a pc for the large tv for movies hooked up with hdmi for pic and sound and have never had a issue with this pc the only difference is there is no analog hook up involved
In my case, the PC now has 2 sound devices: "AMD HDMI Output" and the new JRiver driver.  Prior to installing the new version of MC, the HDMI output was the default audio device.  After installing the new version of MC, the JRiver driver was the default audio device.  So at that point, something was triggering audio to play when I left the PC idle and I would come back and see this Ipc stream playing.  Switching the default audio device back to "AMD HDMI Output" takes care of that, I'm just curious about exactly what was triggering the Ipc stream when the JRiver device was set as the default, and Windows sounds being enabled seemed like an obvious possibility.

In your case, since you don't have the JRiver driver set as your default, you won't run into this.

fallsroad

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 11:32:37 am »

I don't have JRiver set as my default audio device in Windows 7, but this Ipc interruption still occurs.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 11:33:57 am »

If you don't use the WDM Audio Device at all, there is now an option in General -> Features to entirely disable it, hopefully stopping any interruptions on your end.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up