INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound stops after one or two audio tracks. Appears track still pla Please help.  (Read 5500 times)

lug

• Recent member

I just bought a Yulong DA8 Dac and downloaded Media center 20.  I started playing an LP and the sound stops coming out of the speakers after about two tracks, but looking at the media player it looks like it is still playing(bars on the top of screen still going up and down).  I had previously bought a shitt gunir DAC and had the same problem, I thought it was a usb 3.0 problem with Dell xps computer so I sent the dac  back.  I then bought the Yulong DA8 which uses usb 2.0, thought this would fix my problem.  I've tried disabling the flowing devices, high def audio controller, renesas usb 3.0,renesas usb 3.0 host, usb root hub and disabled the power manage for the device.  All to no avail.
Here's the JRiver configuration, digital out =Youlong audio usb driver 1.0.57 waspi, check out put format , device =open device for  exclusive access, 2 channels.  WASI settings =Yulong audio usb driver 1.0.56, buffer 100 mill sec.  There was some other config changes Yulong recommended but I think there has been a change to JRiver and they can't changed now.   Any help appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Please update your version from our Download Page.

lug

• Recent member

uninstalled and reinstalled from forum, still same problem.

Try adjusting the buffer size. With this sort of problem, you normally want to reduce it rather than making it larger.
I'd also try toggling the Event Style option.

lug

• Recent member

Changing the buffer size didn't help.  Where do you find the event style option?
Media center plays flawlessly over the PC speakers with the realtek waspi driver but not with the Yulong waspi driver or the previous Shiit Dac and drivers.  It's like there is some sort of conflict after a few minutes of playing audio.

Hendrik

• Administrator

Sounds like the event style option may help. Its in Audio -> Device Settings, toggle "Disable Event Style"
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

lug

• Recent member

Now after uninstalling the Yulong drivers and JRiver and then reinstalling several times.  The original device option(tools-option-device)that was originally there for the Yulong DA8 waspi isn't there, only for the Yulong audio 384 device which won't work for the DA8. I'm not sure why the original device option isn't there, I'm pretty sure I've uninstalled and reinstalled properly and picked the correct download from Yulong.  I still tried toggling the event style using the device Realtek waspi but that didn't fix the no sound problem.  But I think that's because I did have the device option for the Yulong DA8.  Any thoughts?

CountryBumkin

In my limited knowledge from reading this forum, you should always use the ASIO driver first, if that doesn't work or there is not an ASIO provided from the device manufacturer, then fall back to WASPI or something else.
In the case of your DA8 there is an "JRiver ASIO" driver available.  http://www.yulongaudio.com/en/down.asp

Edit: Okay, so after looking at this device on the manufacturer's website, I see in the instructions they recommend to use WASPI-Event Style when setting up to use with JRiver program.
http://www.yulongaudio.com/en/shownews.asp?id=32

lug

• Recent member

Here's what I've tried to date.
Config details, digital output= Yulong audio usb driver 1.0.57 wasapi(recommend by manufacturer) also tried Yulonng audio usb driver 1.0.57 direct and Yulong kernel usb driver. None fixed problem.  Still using manufacturer recommendation wasapi.
Output format= enabled and processing 44.1 kHz 64 bit 2 channel,  checked box= open device for exclusive access( tired toggling this box and tried with box unchecked.  Bitpth=auto, Buffering=100 ( tried 5,10,50,100 and 250)
output format setting  output coding=none (tried dsd in dop)
Prebuff= 6 (tried 2,6,10)
Live play back= 50 (tried 10,50 and 100)
Computer= Dell XPS L702X 8 gb ram, 64 bit, Dell audio by realttek turned off, Sound blaster turned off and power management turned off.
Windows= 7 home premium
For each one of the above changes I've tried I've had to restart my laptop.  When I start up windows and jriver I can play a track then it will stop outputting sound to the speakers(looks like media center is still playing the track).  The only way I can get sound to the speakers is to reboot the laptop, can not just close and restart media center. Seems to output sound for about 2-4 minutes best was about 20 minutes.  Sound quality was great for those few minutes.
Does anyone have any suggestions I don't know what to try next?

JimH

• Administrator

WASAPI has an Exclusive mode.  If it's in use, only one program can use it.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WASAPI

lug

• Recent member

Thanks for the reply Jim.
I must not be picking up what you meant in your last reply.  I looked at your embedded link and my config is the same as your link except don't have the box check for maximize device volume during play back.
Are thinking that another program is already using wasapi? 

JimH

• Administrator

I just bought a Yulong DA8 Dac and downloaded Media center 20.  I started playing an LP and the sound stops coming out of the speakers after about two tracks, but looking at the media player it looks like it is still playing(bars on the top of screen still going up and down).
Yes, but I may have misunderstood your problem.  This sounds like a driver problem.

If you can get the manufacturer to advise you, we'll provide them a license.

lug

• Recent member

Jim, thank you so much for your help.
I checked the box for maximize device volume during playback.  Tools, options, audio device, device settings.
It's been playing for two hours straight, no issues.  SOUNDS GREAT!!

lug

• Recent member

Media center played for three hours straight yesterday, I thought checking the box for maximize device volume had fixed my issue.  I started media play tonight and I have the very same problem again. I have reinstalled the Yulong driver, toggled maximize device volume and exclusive usb output, several computer reboots, remove and reinstall the newest JRiver program and changed the buffer from 100 ms to 50 ms.  To no avail every time after rebooting media center, will play for a few minutes and then no sound out of the speakers.  It looks like medial center is still playing the track (bars moving up and down).  Something of interest is after the sound quit I tired to stop the track from playing in order to shut down media center, when I click the stop button the program locks up.  Didn't happen every but 3-4 times.
Any suggestions or need more information?

Thanks
Brian

lug

• Recent member

Hi Jim, I sent an mail to the manufacturer and awaiting their replay.

Could there be something with my laptop that could be shutting off the USB output? I've turned off the power management off. If I had a spare computer I would try it, but I don't.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator

Could there be something with my laptop that could be shutting off the USB output? I've turned off the power management off. If I had a spare computer I would try it, but I don't.
Not likely.

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck

Lug, we had problems running a Bel Canto DAC 2.7 off the USB 3.0 hub of our Dell Laptop, which also used a Renasas 3.0 USB controller. It seemed to just disappear, for no apparent reason. It turned out that a BIOS update for the laptop from Dell solved the problem. See if that works for you.

(I'd post the model and BIOS revision for the laptop, but I don't have it with me at the moment.)

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck

My Dell laptop is a Dell XPS L502X.
Updating the BIOS to version A12 (release date 26-Oct-2012) solved all our problems with the DAC not working correctly on the Renasas USB 3.0 ports.

I believe that your L702X is very similar to mine, with the main difference being a larger screen.
Try updating your BIOS to version A19 (also release date 26-Oct-2012) and see how it goes.

lug

• Recent member

Thanks, I'll update the bios.

lug

• Recent member

I downloaded the newest  bios last night and it solved my problems.  Very impressed with JRiver and Yulong DA8 DAC,  hearing sounds I've never heard previously.  I'll  make a post  when I'm back next week with my config settings ect that may help others with the same equipment.
Thanks everyone for your help, I would have been stumped otherwise.

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck

Great!!!! Glad to hear that you got that problem sorted!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up