ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE.TCP Pro  (Read 744 times)

Jtaylor

• Place Personal Text Here
ICE.TCP Pro
« on: August 26, 2004, 06:01:17 pm »

I'm trying to fix an ICE.TCP Pro install on a Windows 98SE PC.  ICE.TCP Pro is version 5.1.07.  

The system has been in use for several years without a problem.  Yesterday, the IP address of the host was changed, and one of the users made the corresponding change in the "Hosts List" of ICE.TCP on each PC.  

This worked fine on 9 out of 10 of the installed PC's (a mix of Windows 98, 200 and XP).  The 10th is a Windows 98 SE PC and it now gives an "Illegal Operation"  error immediately after starting ICE.  The details indicate a page fault in KERNEL32.DLL.  The user who made the changes swears that he did nothing else to the PC.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ICE on the problem PC without success.  I've also deleted the PC from the list of sequence numbers and then reinstalled it.  I've also deleted an reinstalled the network card driver and TCP/IP.

None of this has fixed the problem.  TCP Pro continues to work fine on all of the other PC's.

Help!??!

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICE.TCP Pro
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 10:38:39 pm »

Go into the registry and delete the J.River folders: HKEY_CURRENT_USERS->Software->J.river
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->J.river

and reinstall. Report results.

Jtaylor

• Place Personal Text Here
ICE.TCP Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 09:28:00 am »

I deleted the two registry keys, reinstalled ICE and it now works.

Thanks for the prompt response!

Page created in 0.009 seconds with 20 queries.