ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Ice.Block - *HELP!!!*  (Read 704 times)

kd5lcf

• Place Personal Text Here
Ice.Block - *HELP!!!*
« on: November 09, 2004, 02:13:56 pm »

Hi there anyone who can help!

I am having trouble with Ice.Block which is currently unsupported by J.River, but figured that someone who uses this product might have some insight.

I am getting an error message on my server after replacing a NIC that died due to lightening problems.  The error is: Ice.Block: Unknown Protocol: 2

I have tried to find information everywhere, have even contacted my servers original vendor who sold us this preconfigured server....their response "I don't remember ever selling a server with Ice.Block on it."  

Therefore, I am begging and pleading with anyone who can give me information on this product.  I tried running iceblock on the server and it told me that it could not be executed.  I am the owner of the file and I have execute permissions, but it doesn't like me I guess.

Thanks to any and all who can aid in this matter.

gateley

• Place Personal Text Here
Ice.Block - *HELP!!!*
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 04:03:42 pm »

Hi kd5kf,

The error message comes from ICE.Block seeing packets that are using a protocol that it doesn't know how to handle. In this case it is probably IGMP packets, though I don't know why they'd be present with the new NIC and not the old.

I think it just throws these packets away and continues working, so there shouldn't be a problem (unless you need those packets to pass).

You have to be root to run on the server, if I remember right. It has to do some pretty powerful stuff (installing kernel module thingies).

Hope this helps,

j

Page created in 0.008 seconds with 19 queries.