ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Still Having Problems  (Read 808 times)

MikeDAvis

• Place Personal Text Here
Still Having Problems
« on: October 05, 2005, 11:02:26 am »

I Tried a windows 2000 SP4 Computer and I still get all the way to the Sequence number and it come up with a messange "there is no license information for your company in that directory."
When I go to the LicenseAdmin file and click on it it opens up the licens information
Company name "City of Del City"
Has two License Key Both for 25 user
Information Your total number of authorized users is 50, which 29 are allocated, 21 are available.
If I try to add a user from the computer I am setting up I click on Add User I the
n type in the name of the user I get a message" Not Licensed or number of authorized user exceeded. What do I need to do to correct this problem or do I need to find another software.
We have been happy with your software just not the tech support we are getting

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
Re:Still Having Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 01:00:48 pm »

There are two common sources for getting that error. The first one is that you are not selecting the correct path to to the license folder on the server computer (the one you run license admin on). If you are setting the path in the dialog box (in config wizard) that assigns sequence number, make sure the path to that license folder is correct (and not to a second, invalid license folder).

The second thing is to make sure that license folder has full read AND WRITE permissions to all machines on you network (specifically the Win2000 SP4). If the folder (or the one above it, icetcp5_user) has read access but not write access, the client computer will not be able to abtain a sequence number.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 12:18:50 pm by Bob »

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 20 queries.