ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: What is Telnet Pro's classname?  (Read 1444 times)

marklane

What is Telnet Pro's classname?
« on: July 11, 2007, 02:01:00 pm »

I am trying to use a Windows API called FindWindow to get the windows handle of our topmost telnet pro session.

Private Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long

For example Internet Explorer's classname is "IEFrame".  So what is the classname for Telnet Pro?
Thank you ver much for any help you can offer!  I have looked everywhere in support, in the forum, through my registry and through google and so far I can't find it.

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
Re: What is Telnet Pro's classname?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 03:30:31 pm »

If you run Spy++ while TelnetPro is running you can use it to get all the information you need about the program.

marklane

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 05:56:53 pm »

thank you very much for your help, i will give that a try and see what happens.

marklane

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 08:42:07 am »

Thanks for the information.  Using Spy++ I found that the classname of TelNet Pro is "AfxFrameOrView42". Thanks again for your help.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 09:42:16 am »

Just out of curiosity, what are you going to try to do with it??

marklane

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 10:12:05 am »

I have several .NET and VB6 applications that communicate to each other and several TelNet Pro sessions through tcp/ip socket messaging.  When the user is working there are certain applications we want the one application to set focus to after the user has completed what needs to be done there to create a fluid work environment and eliminate a lot of user initiated mouse movement.  This makes their life a little easier and they can work a little faster when they do not need to touch the mouse to get back to the TelNet session they were working in.  There may be more than one TelNet session open so by knowing the classname I can use windows api's to get the handle of the one that sent the xml message through tcp/ip to the other application.  I can return focus to the telnet pro session because I get the handle of the top most telnet pro session which is the last one they were working in.  I then pass this found handle to the other application so that when that application has finished it can use that handle to set focus back to the correct TelNet Pro session.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 02:01:09 pm »

That's pretty cool!

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 20 queries.