ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: new install Dell XP SP3 problems  (Read 2699 times)

Rick from Paso

new install Dell XP SP3 problems
« on: August 01, 2009, 01:23:25 pm »

I am using UltraVNC to install ICE TCP Pro on a customer's computer and I get an uninstall failed to initialize error and a warning that I may not be able to uninstall this software. The result is that I get a non-functional TCP pro and I cannot uninstall it. When I try to connect to my server, I get errors.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: new install Dell XP SP3 problems
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 10:06:11 am »

What version of ICE.TCP are you trying to install?
What version of windows?
Is the user normal or limited?

Inquiring minds need to know!

Rick from Paso

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 01:01:48 pm »

XP Pro, SP3, admin user the latest version of everything from Deanna on CD.

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 09:19:19 am »

I'm going to refer you to one of another link on this Forum.  We have found that the newer PC's tend to have extra security that tends to interfere with the installation.  You need to be sure that all virus programs and firewalls are disabled.  With Dell's there's sometimes a sprtcmd.exe that interferes with installation.  Here's the other Forum link:  http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php/topic,834.0.html

Rick from Paso

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 05:54:19 pm »

I uninstalled Dell's service manager and made sure the firewall and virus protection are off. I uninstalled the only thing that it thinks is installed, the pro admin. I reinstalled the pro admin and the pro user, same result. It thought the pro user was already installed and couldn't initialize the uninstall shield and I may not be able to uninstall this product (which I cannot).

It continued with the installation but when running the configuration wizard, didn't think I was an admin level user (which I am) so it couldn't select a next sequence number. The resulting ice pro gets errors trying to access the unix server.

1st error: "Initializing copy protection failed (2,0) Please run configuration wizard."
2nd error: "Connection error: cannot create CAquarius class window"
3rd error: "Cannot create new session. Please run configuration wizard."

I installed a trial version on my XP gateway, worked fine.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 09:31:00 am »

It appears there are some very weird permission problems going on.

You can essentially uninstall everything manually by removing the J.River folder under "Program Files" and
removing all J.River folders in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software
and HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software.

Are you logging into a domain? You may have J.River registry entries in that domain and perhaps also as the machine admin.

You may have to open up the permissions on those registry entries to be able to delete them.

Is there an uninst.exe and or inuninst.exe in the windows directory? They may be copies of an old version of install shield hanging around. Move them into a folder not in the executable path.

Report back.

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 20 queries.