INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Titan TV Token  (Read 4466 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Titan TV Token
« on: September 10, 2015, 02:39:10 pm »

4. Changed: Added instructions on television setup regarding mc2xml "data source" selection (Standard vs. TitanTV).

BUG: I use Standard but it wants a Titan TV Token to be entered; can't get out of the screen at this point except with Cancel.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Titan TV Token
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 03:02:43 pm »

You could try 21.0.5.

BradATIMA

Titan TV Token
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 03:22:48 pm »

BUG: I use Standard but it wants a Titan TV Token to be entered; can't get out of the screen at this point except with Cancel.

I don't think the Provider Token that it is referring to is actually a part of TitanTV. I believe that is more for the mc2xml executable. For example, I selected standard (I have no TitanTV ID) and just entered "OTA" for the provider token and had the usual results. It does seem a bit confusing, though. I am going to see what Yaobing has to say.

EDIT: I should mention that I am just using an antenna connected to the Tuning card, which is why I entered "OTA."

DocLotus

Titan TV Token
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 03:50:57 pm »

You could try 21.0.5.You could try 21.0.5.

Was using 21.0.5 before this upgrade.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Titan TV Token
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 03:52:09 pm »

Brad is right.

Provider token is not the same as TitanTV ID, which is disabled when you do not select TitanTV.  Provider token is a new feature related to this:

5. NEW: Multiple mc2xml EPG loading methods can be setup, one for each provider selected ("digital terrestrial lineup", "digital cable", etc.).

Maybe the naming is not quite right.  It does not come from the provider.  It is a string that you make up, to differentiate one channel lineup from another (Digital Terrestrial Lineup vs. Comcast Digital for example).  Note that the indentation of TitanTV ID is an indication that it is related to "Data Source".  There is no indentation for "Provider Token".  It is independent of "Data Source".  Data Source refers to the source of EPG data (i.e. Standard vs. TitanTV).  Provider refers to the source of your TV programming (OTA vs. Cable, or Satellite etc.).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DocLotus

Titan TV Token
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 03:56:18 pm »

I don't think the Provider Token that it is referring to is actually a part of TitanTV. I believe that is more for the mc2xml executable. For example, I selected standard (I have no TitanTV ID) and just entered "OTA" for the provider token and had the usual results. It does seem a bit confusing, though. I am going to see what Yaobing has to say.

EDIT: I should mention that I am just using an antenna connected to the Tuning card, which is why I entered "OTA."

Thanks for the suggestion; "OTA" worked for me also. Am also using an antenna connected to the Tuning card. Wonder if "OTA" also works for others not actually using OTA?

I agree; it is a bit confusing.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Titan TV Token
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 04:02:40 pm »

The instruction on the wizard window suggests "OTA" or "Terrestrial" if you use OTA signal.  You can actually use any string, as long as it makes a one-to-one correspondence with your selected TV programming source.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DocLotus

Re: Titan TV Token
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 04:59:48 pm »

The instruction on the wizard window suggests "OTA" or "Terrestrial" if you use OTA signal.  You can actually use any string, as long as it makes a one-to-one correspondence with your selected TV programming source.

Ahhhh... A wise man once said "Read the instructions, stupid" LOL!

What threw me was the "Provider Token:" line appeared to be a subset of "Titan TV ID" as "Provider Token:" is offset to the right & looks like it belongs to the line above. Looking more closely, I now see that it is simply a case of the length of the wording on the two lines that causes the offset. Possibly some small rearrangement of the two lines & text will remove any possible confusion.

DocLotus

Re: Titan TV Token
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 05:28:14 pm »

mc2xml check box now stays checked... That is GREAT!!! Thanks.

Once entered in "Provider Token", "OTA" stays there even after a reboot. That will eliminate user confusion if they have to re-do TV at a later date. Another BIG Thanks.

These little things all go a long way in making MCTV easier & friendlier to use. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up