INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play albums from Windows Explorer  (Read 2774 times)

Red99

• Recent member
Play albums from Windows Explorer
« on: September 14, 2015, 04:58:50 pm »

After upgrading from MC19 to 21, I can no longer right click on an album folder in Windows Explorer to play the album in the correct sequence. There was an option in the MC19 right click menu that's no longer there in MC21.   Now, as before, if I open the album folder and select just the music files then right click, I'll have the option to "Play in Media Center".  But there are 3 problems with that:
1) The songs play in order of "Sequence", not "track number" so I have to stop playback, sort by track number and start over
2) "Play in Media Center" will only show on the right click menu if I select only music files which means I can't just select all, I have to deselect any album art or sub folders
3) "Play in Media Center" won't show if there are too many tracks (i.e. two CD albums)

In MC19, I was able to just right click on the album folder and play all songs in that folder in the correct sequence. The right click menu option was not "Play in Media Center", it was something else.  Do you know if that option has been removed from MC21, or if I just had a problem with my installation?  I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Play albums from Windows Explorer
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 05:01:04 pm »

Make sure you have "Shell Integration" set on in MC and not in MC19.

Reboot.

Red99

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 05:15:49 pm »

The "Enable shell integration" box is checked in MC21 General Options and I uninstalled MC19 before installing MC21.  No luck.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 05:31:04 pm »

Are all the file associations set in MC??
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Red99

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 05:43:07 pm »

I didn't choose "select all" during set up but I selected about 90% of the options - all of the file associations that I use (flac, Mp3, etc.) just as I did with MC19

Red99

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 06:20:50 pm »

Is there an option in MC21 to right click on the album folder and play all songs in that folder in the correct sequence?  (The right click menu option is not "Play in Media Center", it's something else)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 06:22:32 pm »

Have you tried just using the tree in MC and playing under audio there?

Red99

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 06:38:36 pm »

Yes, but for my purposes (which I won't bore you with), I strongly prefer Windows Explorer.  I asked if there's an option in MC21 to right click on the album folder and play all songs in that folder in the correct sequence so that I can determine if the problem is my installation/settings, or if it's simply not possible.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 07:12:53 pm »

I believe that tracks in Windows Explorer always play in alphabetical order.   Often tracks are named:

01 - My Funny Valentine.flac
02 - Green Dolphin.flac

and so forth and thus will play in correct order.

The "track number" is a tag and that requires the file being imported.

But this should not have changed from MC19 to MC21.

The only thing that should have changed is the ADDITION of "Play in Media Center".   There should ALSO STILL BE a "Media Center" choice which has a SUB-MENU with several choices.

Red99

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 10:11:18 am »

Thanks kstuart.  After learning from your message that it didn't change from MC19 to 21, I uninstalled/reinstalled MC21 and now it works fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up