INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to ask a question  (Read 3574 times)

jaytbird

How to ask a question
« on: September 15, 2015, 06:34:45 pm »

Hello. Why is it so difficult to ask a question? I just want to listen to my music. Where is a phone number to call? I do not know anything about forum and do not care if i ever do. No manual, crazy. Anyway if anyone cares to help me with a question, thanks. Here goes: I am able to play a dsd file through MC but the file does not show up as an album or anything else in mc. How can i get it to show up in mc? Tried dragging and importing. Nothing works so far.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to ask a question
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 08:17:49 pm »

You can ask a question by using "New Topic" on the upper right corner of the index page for each board.

Set up auto import under Tools > Import.  Add directories you want MC to watch.  Edit them to fine tune.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 10:23:17 pm »

Not to forget the Getting Started Wiki page, a link to which is found on the Main Page of the wiki, and within which a link to the Importing page and the Library page can be found.

Plus of course there is a Full Index of Frequently Asked Questions, which are really topics that would be found in a normal User Manual.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 05:17:56 am »

I am able to play a dsd file through MC but the file does not show up as an album or anything else in mc. How can i get it to show up in mc? Tried dragging and importing. Nothing works so far.

If it is imported (did you import by using the "File >Library >Import" tool, or some other way?) and you don't see it under "Standard View>Audio>Files", go to "Playlists>Recently Imported". See if it is there. It may have imported with the wrong "Media Type". JRiver uses Media Types and Media Sub Types to sort media into categories such as Audio and Video. So if your File mistakenly got tagged as "Media Type = Video" it won't show in the Audio group. If you see the file in the Recently Imported you can then look at the Tag (properties of the File) and see (or change) what Media Type it is.

lynes88

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 04:16:43 pm »

You just reminded me of a question... can we add Media Types to the list of choices?  Under Video I want a new one called "Music Video"... can't seem to get it to work.

And when I expose the full list of Tags... is it as simple for a media file... just scroll down to Media Type and click to change, then enter the title of the Media Type it should be then just hit enter?

Just trying to confirm...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 04:18:48 pm »

No.  They are specially handled in MC.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 04:28:12 pm »

You just reminded me of a question... can we add Media Types to the list of choices?  Under Video I want a new one called "Music Video"... can't seem to get it to work.

I'm guessing that you don't know about Media Sub Type ?  After you choose Video for media type, you can go to Media Sub Type and choose from a pretty large list of things to make it more specific:  Education, TV Show, Movie, Sports.... and yes Music Video is a Media Sub Type.  :)

Obviously, any View or SmartList can be set to display from any Media Sub Type, or several.  I think that should do it for you.

Brian.

lynes88

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 05:04:36 pm »

Yes I think you are on to something... I went back to the Media sub-type for these files and they had a mixture of results but I changed them to "Music Videos".

But now I am confused as I am not sure how to see this new list of sub-types.  Under the "Video" drop down list... there is nothing obvious as to how to display my new group of sub-types "Music Videos".  Where can I see this list of media now?  Make sense?

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 05:30:50 pm »

As far as I'm aware, MC21's built in views under video don't show Media Sub Type.  Under Video > Files , I have Media Sub Type as one of my Panes, but I think I added it.  ...and that's really the point of my post actually:  You can add Media Sub Type to any view pretty easily.  If it's a Panes View, you can just right click on a Pane and select "Add Category To Left" (or Right).  Add Media Sub Type.  Then you can choose by Media Sub Type as part of your Panes filtering.

Or if you want a View that *just* shows Music Videos, you can make that a "rule" for a specific View.  As an example, go to Video > Movies.  Now right click on that and choose Customize View.   Now, Settings > Included Files > Set rules for file display.  See how the first rule there says "Media Sub Type is Movie" ?  That's what controls what the Movies view shows you!

So you can easily make one just like that for Music Videos.  Or for other Media Sub Types.  Or several Media Sub Types in one view.  Or a Panes View if you like that better.  There are just a ton of possibilities in MC's View system.  Just add a new View by right clicking on Video and get started.

Play around with it and see what you can get done.  If you need some help getting started, tell us what you are trying to see, how you want it presented, that kind of thing, and we'll try to help you out.

Good luck.

Brian.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 05:32:22 pm »

If you are in Standard View and go to Video>Files or Audio>Files (actually any of the views) you can add "fields" to view by right clicking on the column header and then selecting what you want to see by checking the box next to that item (i.e. Media Type and Media Sub Type).
Pages: [1]   Go Up