INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting problem with gizmo/webgizmo Files customized view  (Read 1887 times)

noir

Sorting problem with gizmo/webgizmo Files customized view
« on: September 18, 2015, 05:39:00 pm »

A friendly hello first to all of you,

I do feel bad making my first post a new topic, but i just couldn't find an answer on these forums or elsewhere yet.
I am very happy with JRiver, and it is powering my speaker setup quite nicely.

My music collection is sizeable, and i love using the "Files" view in JRiver. To make my listening more comfy, I'm trying out Gizmo on a tablet.
Having added a "Files" customized view in Media Network - Advanced - Customize Views (File Path), I can browse through my folders just as i wanted. Flawless.

However, when browsing my "Files" view, the order of songs is wrong. It seems to always sort via Artist. I did try to add a "set rules for files display", to make it use "sort by track #",
but that setting doesn't seem affect song display at all.

Strangely however, if i choose "Album"or "Artist" customized views, the songs track order is respected, even without any "sort by track #"
This behaviour happens both on Gizmo as well as on WebGizmo.

I don't know what i should do next, and i bet it might be a simple oversight... any ideas?
JRiver 21 :: IvyBridge NUC dedicated Source :: Devialet 120 amp&dac :: Vivid Audio Giya G2 Speakers

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sorting problem with gizmo/webgizmo Files customized view
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 06:03:24 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Is there any reason, other than habit, that you couldn't use the other views of MC?  Browsing by directories isn't a great experience compared with browsing by artist or album.

If your files aren't well tagged, you can tag them automatically from your file structure.

noir

Re: Sorting problem with gizmo/webgizmo Files customized view
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 06:13:05 pm »

Hi Jim,

thanks for the quick reply :)
Let's say there's a lot of different stuff i like to listen to, and which i prefer to be sorted differently, and in well separated categories (anime OST by series, videogame OST by studio, then game, classical by composer, movies by, etc etc) ... even if i tagged them all correctly i would still have to mess around a lot with smart playlists.

I did forget to mention that for those Gizmo tests i used perfectly fine tagged albums, so track # metadata is filled out correctly.

In "set rules for file display", i tried using "Track #" as first choice, then "Filename" as second ... unfortunately it didnt sort it correctly (the files themselves are named 01 - *, 02 - *, etc, so it it should pick up the order on filename as well)

JRiver 21 :: IvyBridge NUC dedicated Source :: Devialet 120 amp&dac :: Vivid Audio Giya G2 Speakers
Pages: [1]   Go Up