INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote with MC21 Linux problem - "No content found"  (Read 4274 times)

kadish

• Recent member
  • Lovin' MC9...
JRemote with MC21 Linux problem - "No content found"
« on: September 22, 2015, 06:48:30 am »

I have JRemote connecting to my new install of MC21 on Linux working to where I see Albums, Artists, etc.  However, when I go to any artist or Album and pick it, I get a message stating 'No Content Found. Press button to go back."

All my music is in FLAC format and JRemote worked fine when I was on Windows.

I'm running the new JRemote 3.20 update (that fixes the iOS9 issue).

Any thoughts on what's wrong here?

Thanks,

Eugene

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote with MC21 Linux problem - "No content found"
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 02:53:44 pm »

I have JRemote connecting to my new install of MC21 on Linux working to where I see Albums, Artists, etc.  However, when I go to any artist or Album and pick it, I get a message stating 'No Content Found. Press button to go back."

All my music is in FLAC format and JRemote worked fine when I was on Windows.

I'm running the new JRemote 3.20 update (that fixes the iOS9 issue).

Any thoughts on what's wrong here?

Thanks,

Eugene
Do you have transcoding set on JRemote? I don't think you can play flac on iDevices.

kadish

• Recent member
  • Lovin' MC9...
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 05:32:35 pm »

I don't have transcoding on but I'm mainly interested in using JRemote to control playing music to our Sonos speakers.  This was working fine with JRemote from Windows version of Media Center.

Also, I just tried connecting to the Linux MC21 library from a browser with WebGizmo and when I click a song to play it says the content isn't there.  But if I come to my Linux box I can play the files fine locally.

FYI, the actual files are on a Synology NAS but I setup a mount point on my Linux machine to point to my music directory.

kadish

• Recent member
  • Lovin' MC9...
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 05:41:29 pm »

I decided I'd try copying an album down to the local hard drive on the Linux PC and then I imported the album in MC21 on Linux. When I go to the Artist in JRemote and tap it, it doesn't even show the album but instead says No Content Found.  If I go to Albums, I can pick the album but then get the same message.

So I think the significant thing is it doesn't ever show the songs. 

Also, I tried an album with MP3 files and same thing happens.  No songs to pick.  Just the message 'No Content Found'.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 05:57:20 pm »

I decided I'd try copying an album down to the local hard drive on the Linux PC and then I imported the album in MC21 on Linux. When I go to the Artist in JRemote and tap it, it doesn't even show the album but instead says No Content Found.  If I go to Albums, I can pick the album but then get the same message.

So I think the significant thing is it doesn't ever show the songs. 

Also, I tried an album with MP3 files and same thing happens.  No songs to pick.  Just the message 'No Content Found'.

If you access the server with a browser using webgizmo does it show content?
If so, I think perhaps the data on your JRemote is corrupt and you could try removing and reinstalling it.
If not, there must be something wrong with your MC21 linux settings since this works perfectly here.

kadish

• Recent member
  • Lovin' MC9...
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 07:53:50 pm »

No, doesn't work with Web Gizmo either.  Any ideas which settings may be wrong?  It's a regular new install of MC21 and I took the database from my Windows MC21 and exported it as MPL playlist.  Then I did a find/replace of the text file for the path difference with Linux.  Again, must plays okay from the Linux box itself.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 07:55:48 pm »

Firewall?

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 08:06:57 pm »

No, doesn't work with Web Gizmo either.  Any ideas which settings may be wrong?  It's a regular new install of MC21 and I took the database from my Windows MC21 and exported it as MPL playlist.  Then I did a find/replace of the text file for the path difference with Linux.  Again, must plays okay from the Linux box itself.

Did you replace all of the backslashes ( \ ) in the path names with slashes ( / ) ?  I sort of can't imagine that it would work on the Linux box if you hadn't done this, but I'm trying to think of anything that might be causing your unusual problem...

Brian.

kadish

• Recent member
  • Lovin' MC9...
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 09:39:41 pm »

Firewall seemed to make sense since I can play files locally but not remotely but the Ubuntu firewall is inactive ('sudo ufw status' says so at least).  And yes, the paths were all modified to change from backslashes to forward slashes.

Any other things I could try?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 09:19:23 am »

Firewall seemed to make sense since I can play files locally but not remotely but the Ubuntu firewall is inactive ('sudo ufw status' says so at least).  And yes, the paths were all modified to change from backslashes to forward slashes.

Any other things I could try?
I don't think anyone has successfully done that path substitution thing.
Try creating a new library (you don't have to delete the existing one) then run an auto import on an directory with your Music in it.
Perhaps try a local directory before messing with any NAS drives.

kadish

• Recent member
  • Lovin' MC9...
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 11:37:32 am »

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately I don't have much time these days to troubleshoot.  As a result, I decided to go back to the dark side and loaded up Windows on the NUC.  Working fine now via JRemote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up