INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie background shows different movie in theaterview  (Read 6313 times)

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
Movie background shows different movie in theaterview
« on: September 23, 2015, 09:48:03 pm »

I have problem with movies background in theaterview showing a completely different movie background.  I updated to 21.0.9 and it still does the same thing.  Firewall is allowed for MC21.  Any idea why?  Don't recall seeing this in MC20.  Thanks.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movie background shows different movie in theaterview
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 10:14:28 pm »

If it is only happening to a few select movies double check all the tags for them. Make sure the name and filename are correct. Just a thought...
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 10:41:15 pm »

What do I need to look for when you say check tag. All names are correct. I did a 'get movie and tv info' on one movie and go back in theaterview, it fixed it with correct back ground but then when I click on that same movie again, it showed a different movie back ground that time. WtF?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 08:59:36 am »

In Tools>Options>Theater View >Appearance click on "Theme" then "On Line media slideshow.
Try removing "Google" or cancel (uncheck) "Show Online media slideshow in file views" and see if that helps.

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 05:21:21 pm »

^^ Uncheck Google does not solve issue. It still shows a different movie background. Uncheck 'show online media show' removes the background. Any other idea? Thanks.

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 03:06:53 am »

Provided your movie collection currently resides in one or more folders on disc, put each movie (and cover art) in its own subfolder. This solves the "different background" issue in MC21.
What remains is the slideshow issue, i.e. when the background changes to cover art itself the slideshow freezes, but this is actually discussed in at least 3 other topics.

Here's a batch to separate the movies quickly...

separate_movies.bat
Code: [Select]
@echo off

rem ============ config begin ================
set config=separate_movies.cfg
rem ============ config end   ================

FOR /F "eol=# tokens=1,2 delims=;" %%i in (%config%) do (
  forfiles /P "%%i" /M *.%%j /C "cmd /c mkdir %%i\@fname && echo created dir %%i\@fname && move %%i\@fname.* %%i\@fname\\ & echo."
  rem ..
)
pause

...which reads the folders and movie files extension from a config file...

separate_movies.cfg (keep the header line and adapt everything else to your own environment)
Code: [Select]
# [%i] movie folder; [%%j] movie file extension
M:\BD-25;iso
N:\DivX_SD;divx
N:\DVD-5;iso
N:\MKV_HD_2.0;mkv
O:\BD-50_3D;iso

What it does...
- creates a subfolder for each movie file
- moves movie file and cover art into the subfolder

If you actually have different movie formats in one folder, just add lines to the config accordingly, i.e. same path and different file extension.

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 11:16:54 am »

Thanks. So it's mc21 issue and I am not the only one having this issue. I have not played with jriver much, where do I go to enter the .bat code? Thanks.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 01:42:42 pm »

Please ignore the .bat thing. It will break the links to your movies and MC will not be able to find them, unless you reimport them. And it will not solve your problem either. If you want to put movies into separate folders, there is a much easier way to do it from within MC, using the Rename Move and Copy files command.
The issue you're having is one that lots of people are having.

JRiver should be aware of this by now, since there are several topics with the same problem. Currently, they have not acknowledged that it's an MC 21 problem, even though it only happens in MC 21. It could be that it's a Microsoft, or firewall, or anti-virus issue that only affects MC 21, not MC 20.

In any case, many of us have this problem in theater view, and there is no fix for it currently, as far as I know.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 01:50:23 pm »

JRiver should be aware of this by now, since there are several topics with the same problem. Currently, they have not acknowledged that it's an MC 21 problem, even though it only happens in MC 21. It could be that it's a Microsoft, or firewall, or anti-virus issue that only affects MC 21, not MC 20.

I just can't reproduce the issue.  I scroll from movie to movie and the background perfectly updates for the new movie.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 10:40:42 pm »

I see that issue as well, in all movie display formats. But I have never tried to make it work correctly. Never fiddled with those settings.

Lots of movies have the incorrect background, lots have the correct background. Some find the correct background if I highlight it, move away, and come back to it. Sometimes the same incorrect background is shown every time I highlight a movie. Mostly the issue seems pretty random.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 05:32:31 am »

the .bat thing. It will break the links to your movies and MC will not be able to find them, unless you reimport them.
Nothing will break or needs to be "re-imported" (whatever that means), MC will just adapt the paths - seamless, but I don't want to argue about this, everyone should choose the method which one feels most comfortable with.

it will not solve your problem either.
I can assure you, for me it solved the issue - 100%.

Just give it a try: put the movies together with its cover art in individual subfolders, and report back whether it works or not. For starters maybe do it just with a couple of movies.

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 11:31:20 pm »

Thanks guys. I have a few hundred movies and really don't want to place them in separate folders. I will wait for a fix, hopefully soon.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 01:04:13 am »

Nothing will break or needs to be "re-imported" (whatever that means), MC will just adapt the paths - seamless

Yes it does, after Auto-Import is run, if the "Update for external changes" flag is ticked in the Auto-Import configuration. But why would you do it this way, when MC's "Rename Move & Copy files" command is far more powerful, and does it all internally in MC, updating the library as it goes?

I can assure you, for me it solved the issue - 100%.

Just give it a try: put the movies together with its cover art in individual subfolders, and report back whether it works or not. For starters maybe do it just with a couple of movies.

Your suggestion would make the background display of movie Cover Art work, but this thread is also about the background pictures downloaded from the internet when a movie is highlighted. That is a whole different thing, and not as simply fixed. CountryBumkin's suggestion goes much further in fixing the problem.

Thanks guys. I have a few hundred movies and really don't want to place them in separate folders. I will wait for a fix, hopefully soon.

I have, well, a lot of movies and TV programs. While I do have a bunch of a particular type sitting one folder or another, such as "Comedy", most of the larger versions I have are given their own directory. Most of my Blu-ray rips are in the BD file and folder structure, so they need their own directory. I am slowly working through all the stuff I have, getting tags updated, and I will probably put them in something like /Movies/Genre/Name/ or just /Movies/Genre/ because it helps in managing the clean-up process, and big lists of files get unwieldy. But then so do big lists of directories.

Whichever way, it doesn't matter, as MC will display them how you wish to see them. Then if you ever want to move them around, or put them into their own folders, the "Rename Move & Copy files" command will do it quickly and easily, and based on tags in addition to file names, which was the only criteria in the batch file suggestion above. (Yes JeTie, files are selected by extension, but moved to directories named only based on the file name.)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 10:44:48 am »

Your suggestion would make the background display of movie Cover Art work, but this thread is also about the background pictures downloaded from the internet when a movie is highlighted.
Not quite, on one hand there's background and slideshow which is being solved by the "individual folders" workaround (nothing gets mixed up anymore and slideshow works generally), on the other hand there's the "stalled slideshow" issue whenever the background changes to the cover art itself (no known workaround so far), which can happen at any random point during the slideshow. I guess these are 2 different problems but overall I'm happy nothing gets mixed up anymore and as for the root causes, I'm in favor of JRiver taking care occasionally.

Regarding the moving around of movie files, I understand your concerns; I myself had them before within half a dozen folders (file name = movie title, no BD file structures), so shovel them into individual subfolders was no big deal.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 07:36:50 pm »

Not quite, on one hand there's background and slideshow which is being solved by the "individual folders" workaround

Interesting. Because the background images that are downloaded from the internet are all stored in the same cache location at:
C:\Users\[UserID]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Cache\Theater View Background

I can't find any setting anywhere that would change the location of downloaded background images.

I wonder why putting each movie in its own folder stops the backgrounds being mixed up?

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 10:34:05 am »

it seems MC21.0.15 fixes this issue  :)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 12:15:00 pm »

Yes it does, after Auto-Import is run, if the "Update for external changes" flag is ticked in the Auto-Import configuration.

It isn't that option, it is Fix Broken Links that would "save" you after running that BAT. If Fix Broken Links was off, or Auto-Import background was turned off, you'd have all of your movies broken after running it.

But, even with it turned on, that absolutely does re-import impacted files, and the [Date Imported] tag will change to the current date/time for all impacted files. If you use this data (as I do heavily in all of my "new" Media Views), you would be sad.

You'd be much better off using Rename, Move, and Copy Files to fix the files if you really do want them in individual folders:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files

Using [Name] in the Filename Template would do it easily, for all locations and file types at once.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 04:20:30 pm »

It isn't that option, it is Fix Broken Links that would "save" you after running that BAT.

Oops. The descriptions of that option needs an update then.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37344.msg254799#msg254799
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Fix_Broken_Links
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Auto-Import#Auto-Import_Tasks

All the descriptions I have read just say that it removes files from the library if they aren't on disk. Although I guess Matt is saying what you are saying here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37344.msg274321#msg274321

I can't find an explanation of the "Update for external changes" setting. Just one sentence from here; http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Advanced_Import_Options
"Update Library for external file change. This works in conjunction with Fix or Remove Broken Links above, and updates your library accordingly."

So it just updates tags and such then, or does something more?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 04:51:58 pm »

All the descriptions I have read just say that it removes files from the library if they aren't on disk. Although I guess Matt is saying what you are saying here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37344.msg274321#msg274321

That's what it does. It removes broken links.

Whenever you re-import a previously removed file, MC "undeletes" it (restores the record from the Removed Items database), rather than importing it fresh (so you don't lose most entered metadata).  But, it does count as a new Import, and so the [Date Imported] field gets updated.

So, what happens is:
* The broken links are removed.
* The new files are found and imported.
* For each one that was previously removed (ie "fixed"), MC sees the previous records in the Removed Items database, and then "un-deletes" them, rather than importing them fresh.

The last two things would happen anyway, but they wouldn't ever have been in the Removed Items database, if they weren't first previously removed.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up