INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyzing audio stops with error  (Read 5082 times)

sstyle

• Junior Woodchuck
Analyzing audio stops with error
« on: September 24, 2015, 10:26:34 am »

I tried to scan all my library but some files was deleted before. And when analyzer tried to scan it - I see a error and analyzing completely stops instead just skipping this files.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Analyzing audio stops with error
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 11:20:31 am »

I'm confused.  Deleted files should not show in normal library views. If you select files from any of the regular views, you shouldn't see any files that have already been deleted.  Can you provide some more details?

Brian.

sstyle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 11:49:38 am »

I`m talking about physically deleted files from drive but not deleted from library.

p.s. It will be great if there is some tool to delete all not existing files from library

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 11:54:53 am »

p.s. It will be great if there is some tool to delete all not existing files from library

This exists; set fix broken links to "yes" in auto-import options.

sstyle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 11:56:06 am »

I stay away from auto-import - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94696 because it constantly drains my memory (but I did not tried to enable it on 21)

sstyle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 12:57:06 pm »

I do not use an auto-import and have not any uncompleted/part files. Just deleted it manually some times ago.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 01:01:36 pm »

I stay away from auto-import - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94696 because it constantly drains my memory (but I did not tried to enable it on 21)

You can run auto-import manually without allowing it to run in the background.  That will fix your missing files.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 02:15:06 pm »

I see this with auto import as well. When I download videos with youtube-dl, it downloads video and audio as separate parts then merges them together.

videofile.f###.mp4 and audiofile.f###.m4a becomes youtube-video.mp4

Sometimes JRiver imports the .f### files before the download has completed and then creates a blocking error message when youtube-dl deletes them after merging them together

Suggestions:

A.  Download to a temporary directory and move the files over when they are done.  Importing files that are going to be deleted is definitely not what you want.
B.  Disable auto import during your downloads.  Turn it back on after.

Brian.

sstyle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 02:29:02 pm »

You can run auto-import manually without allowing it to run in the background.  That will fix your missing files.
Ok, Thanks. I will try. But it will be good if I still have exist files just skip it in analyzer.

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 02:51:59 pm »

You should remove those file entries from MC. They aren't doing you any good and they are interfering with a process you are trying to run.  If you don't like the fix broken links suggestion, then build a smart list to find missing files.  Then you can just delete the entries all in one shot!

Here are my instructions on how to do that (middle of the post):

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100300.msg695137#msg695137

Good luck,

Brian.

blgentry

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 05:43:06 pm »

I guess I wasn't clear enough.  What I meant, about using a temporary directory is to tell the youtube downloader to use a directory NOT MONITORED by MC.  Then, once the files are downloaded and combined, you'll have just the good, combined audio+video files in this temporary directory.  At that point, you use Windows Explorer, or the tool of your choice to move them from the temporary area to a directory that MC monitors.  That way, MC never has the chance to see your "bad" files that are going to be deleted.

Yes, this requires manual intervention.  I'm not claiming to be able to automate it for you.  I'm pointing out that your method is flawed by allowing non-permanent files to be stored in an MC monitored directory.  I mean no offense!  But to me that's a flawed methodology.  MC is DESIGNED to import all files in it's monitored directories.  Allowing files to live there that are temporary is contrary to it's designed behavior.  So it's not surprising that this causes a few problems.  Right?  :)

My suggestion to turn off auto import was similar.  It's to try to prevent MC from importing files that it has no reason to see in the first place.

It's quite easy to disable auto import for a few minutes while your downloads run and then turn it back on afterwards.  :)

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 06:49:35 pm »

I agree that youtube-dl should not be placing temporary files in a directory that JRiver is monitoring but there are no options to avoid it.
You could set your auto-import options to exclude a directory.

sstyle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 08:55:45 am »

You should remove those file entries from MC. They aren't doing you any good and they are interfering with a process you are trying to run.  If you don't like the fix broken links suggestion, then build a smart list to find missing files.  Then you can just delete the entries all in one shot!

Here are my instructions on how to do that (middle of the post):

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100300.msg695137#msg695137

Good luck,

Brian.
Awesome, Thanks!

Can someone answer me why Volume leveling set track volume to -5db instead 0db?
Pages: [1]   Go Up