INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver with PS Audio DAC and bridge  (Read 2142 times)

prochk

• Recent member
JRiver with PS Audio DAC and bridge
« on: September 28, 2015, 01:25:45 pm »

Hi There

I am using the JRiver20 with the my ps audio PWD and bridge.  The music I want to listen to is on a NAS.  Both the PWD and NAS are hard wired to my network.  I use JRiver on a windows 7 laptop that accesses the network wirelesssy.  Playing and selecting music is quite good to a point.  Everytime I get playing music at some point it will just stop playing for no apparent reson andf I must usually reboot the DAC and restart JRiver.  It appears to be random and sometimes I get a message saying there is a connection problem with essentially all my components.  The DAC says its connected, the NAS stuff I can still see yet no music.  It does appear that connectivity to all ther components drops - but I dont know where.  My only alternative at this point is to try hardwiring my laptop into the LAN to see if that resolves the problem.  Is there anything else I could try to help out - ie are there timeouts in the config that I could try?

Appreciate the help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver with PS Audio DAC and bridge
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 01:28:22 pm »

Try power cycling the DAC.  Does that fix it?

If not, try the same with the NAS.

And so on, to see if you can isolate the problem.

prochk

• Recent member
Re: JRiver with PS Audio DAC and bridge
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 08:49:34 pm »

Yup - did that - pretty well always rebooting the DAC will fix it.  Just wondering if there is a fix or setting so that it doesn't happen -cant predict when it happens but when  it does and I have to drop everything remove the side panel from my rack recycle the dac replace the panel and start up the tunes again. This is all while the DAC says its connected, windows says the driver is there and functioning, NAS is there - just JRiver doesn't display it as a player till I go through the reboot.  Not much fun during a listening session.  The only thing I can see trying is a network cable attach from my laptop rather than wireless and see if that helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up