INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracks playing in wrong order  (Read 3947 times)

tippycanoe

Tracks playing in wrong order
« on: October 01, 2015, 01:07:11 pm »

I tend to listen to complete albums. I recently noticed that the tracks within albums are not playing in the correct order. For instance, a 12 track album will play tracks in this order:

etc.

I've tried clicking on Track Order at the top of the column but the tracks do not resort themselves.

I'm sure there is a simple explanation. Enlightenment will be much appreciated.

JRiver is great but sometimes these random 'errors' that come about when you inadvertently change something can be pretty annoying not to mention time consuming to figure out.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tracks playing in wrong order
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 01:49:52 pm »

when you say you are clicking on the track # column, does that happen to be in the "playing now" window?

Spike1000

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 02:53:10 pm »

For instance, a 12 track album will play tracks in this order:
etc.

Ooh, classic 'alphabetic' sorting of numbers ie all the numbers beginning with '1' in order then all the numbers beginning with '2' etc.

When I rip CDs I always pad track numbers with leading 0s ie 01, 02, . . . 09, 10 etc just in case I meet the above problem at any time. BUT I do believe JR does sort 1,2,3,4 or 01,02,03,04 correctly as it strips out my padding 0s when I import tracks anyway  :)

Spike

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 03:24:11 pm »

MC indeed sorts correctly

The 'playing now' window however is a playlist...so if you start playing an album it will play in whatever order that album is sorted in the library view.  When you sort the playing now window, it doesn't change the playlist order

If you sort your library view (for example if you're browsing by album) internally by track#, the album plays in the correct order.  When I drag an album into playing now and it's in the wrong order, I often sort the list in playing now then double click the first track which re-initializes the playlist and the tracks will play correctly

tippycanoe

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 10:14:13 pm »

when you say you are clicking on the track # column, does that happen to be in the "playing now" window?

Yes, it's in the playing now window. I think I've discovered that the problem has something to do with the 'view' I've created. I used some old 'views' and didn't have the problem. Back to the drawing board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up