INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV was working fine then I lost my guide  (Read 2813 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
TV was working fine then I lost my guide
« on: October 01, 2015, 07:30:29 pm »

MC 21.09

All guide data was lost. The computer recorded shows last week but it says that the last EPG download was September 9.

I'm redoing setup now.

rec head

Re: TV was working fine then I lost my guide
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 07:48:26 pm »

I upgraded to latest and reran setup according to the EPG in the USA guide. I get an error that the file isn't valid or contain any information.

My wife said she's glad we never got rid of the Tivo. We have already missed one recording and I'm in trouble.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 08:46:36 pm »

rec head

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 06:40:02 am »

I ran the setup multiple times. Always the same error. 20 minutes later when I came back to it the guide was there. It missed half of a recording. Now it is working. During all of this I could watch a channel so the tuner was always working. I can't explain any of it.

rec head

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 07:31:49 am »

Update

It seems that I don't have a guide after a reboot. I haven't had time to figure out how long it takes for the guide to return but after a reboot I have nothing. MC says the guide was last updated on September 5 (a month ago). After the guide does load it is up to date.

My guess is that it has something to do with using a networked tuner, Silicon Dust.

I normally don't restart the HTPC except for updates but I just added a new HDD and SATA card and there were some restarts. Then yesterday when plugging a drive into the USB port I accidentally hit the power button. After restarting is when I found I had no guide again.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 08:35:10 am »

Do you have two versions installed?  Maybe you're running the wrong one at some point.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 04:15:31 pm »

Describe how you have MC installed on any Server and Client installations, plus which installation you normally watch TV on and view the guide. You may have done that previously in another thread, but I forget.

It sounds like you are running the Guide on a Client PC, which on reboot is being synchronised back to the server library.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up