INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canada: Television Setup  (Read 3858 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Canada: Television Setup
« on: September 28, 2015, 10:43:24 am »

I would 100% if there was any real way to do it in Canada

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Canada: Television Setup
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 05:30:35 pm »

Could you start a thread on this? Or link to one if you already have?  It should work in Canada.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 05:45:05 pm »

Jim - it "works" but there is no content in Canada (at least the part where i am).  we do NOT have the option of cablecards like the USA and the OTA list is incredibly short.  my antenna would have to rival the VLB to get anything  :'(

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 12:22:54 pm »

Jim - it "works" but there is no content in Canada (at least the part where i am).  we do NOT have the option of cablecards like the USA and the OTA list is incredibly short.  my antenna would have to rival the VLB to get anything  :'(

Ferday not sure where you live but I do confirm it works just fine in Canada for OTA and Satellite (bell or shaw) and pretty much all of the Cablecos.  feel free to ping me for help.

Unfortunately Jim I answered "I might if it were improved"....  Actually there should also be a radio button for:  "I will when it performs better with a few key features I need".
A lot of improvements have been made over the last 2 years so I'm confident that at some point I will ditch Sage and use MC for TV. (As I use MC for everything else)

For the move I absolutely need the following:

- Improve the TV watching experience...ie, speed when changing channels.  It's a bit slow to react at times...And I know for sure it's not my machine.
- Comskip playback visibility
- Multiple folders for recordings
- More flexibility on Recording Subscriptions for Sports Events. Right now this alone is a show stopper for me.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 09:03:19 am »

You can, actually, using a set top box, ir blaster and a capture card. I tried to get it working a couple of years ago but ran into issues and gave up. I have not had a chance to try with the improved features, but I mean to try when I get a chance.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 09:06:44 am »

Ferday not sure where you live but I do confirm it works just fine in Canada for OTA and Satellite (bell or shaw) and pretty much all of the Cablecos.  feel free to ping me for help.

What capture card are you using? Or are you doing it some other way?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 10:00:42 am »

Hauppage Colossus with Hauppage IR Blaster. The WMC blaster works too.
works great!

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 10:13:41 am »

Yep. That is the card I have too. Bought it when it first came out and there were some issues changing channels. I'll have to give it a shot again when I have time.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 11:16:02 am »

Yes you do have to be patient it's a little slower than changing channels with ATSC cards...
I always found JRiver to be a little sluggish compared to Sage when changing channels but recently In the last few versions I'm not too sure they are that much different...

I'm just starting to use JRiver a little more for TV I will post back with findings on this when I know more..

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 02:40:55 pm »

Slow would have been ok. Wouldn't not "lock on" to video signal after switching.

But like I said back then the Colossus had just come out. JRiver didn't even have one to test at that point. Worked pretty good considering that... :)

amcneish

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 11:50:51 am »

Could you share your C:\Windows\HCWBlast.ini with me....  I am having trouble having my card learn the IR codes....

Thanks

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up