INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone Switching Rules Not Working?  (Read 1763 times)

lisbethfox

• World Citizen
Zone Switching Rules Not Working?
« on: October 18, 2015, 06:00:49 am »

A few months ago I was having serious issues where upon loading most tracks, JRiver would lock up for about 6 seconds. Well after lots of troubleshooting it turns out it was zoneswitch causing the issue. I use zoneswitch rules to go between a 2.0 configuration and a 5.1 configuration automatically. The rules are:
"If channels equal to or greater than 5, use Player" and stop playback in zone 2.0.
"If channels equal to or less than 4 use 2.0" and stop playback in zone Player (Its fine for quad recordings due to how my setup works)
Im pretty sure back in JRiver 18 or 19 I only needed a single rule but an upgrade stopped that.

Any ideas?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zone Switching Rules Not Working?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 10:58:25 am »

not sure i understand 100%, but

zone "player" should have channels equals 2, and stop playback in zone 2 (or all other zones)
zone "2" should have channels is greater than or equal to 2, and stop playback in zone 1 (or all other zones)

did you check your zone rules?  i know mine didn't copy over with the original 21 upgrade, i had to re-do them.  they've now copied over with all my further 21 upgrades but i can't say if they fixed the bug going from 20 to 21

lisbethfox

• World Citizen
Re: Zone Switching Rules Not Working?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 04:52:03 pm »

I've recreated the rules multiple times to no avail and I'd rather put all channels up to 4ch in my 2.0 zone as I don't need crossovers for the subs on any of the speakers as they're all identical floor-standers. I just use bass management on 5.1 stuff for convenience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up