INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BD Audio Playbak and Showing Playlist  (Read 4862 times)

HedgeHog

• Recent member
BD Audio Playbak and Showing Playlist
« on: October 20, 2015, 12:02:04 am »

Hi,

I did a search but I couldn't find the answer so I hope someone can assist.

1) I'm trying to play back a Blu-Ray Audio disc (Rush - Signals) and cannot figure out how to do so.  I have a BD optical drive on my PC.  I also have AnyDVD HD installed.
2) Is there a way to display and revise the playlist of songs added to Playing Now?

Thx in advance.

-Hedwig

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: BD Audio Playbak and Showing Playlist
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 02:49:55 pm »

EDIT - The following presumes, you can play the whole BD just fine in MC.

You can see your Chapters In Std View by Right Clicking on the playing "video" --> Jump to --> Chapter 1...30 etc, or in TheaterView use the up/down arrow till you get to chapters then Left/Right to select the one you want, but in either method you don't see the Chapter Name itself, just Chapter 1, 2 etc.

Have a look at these threads if you would like to have your Music BD displayed like a CD (eg with a Particle for each "Track" and with correct names and durations)

- Guide: Chapterfy (Particlise Anything - aka Manage Music Videos Like CDs) : Only works on the Windows Version of MC and only does BD Chatpers
- MCUtils : Cross platform and can do lots of things including BD Chatpers

If you are interested, here is a thread on requesting Sidecar files for Chapter Name Support. - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100345.0
JRiver CEO Elect

HedgeHog

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 01:09:03 pm »

Thx for responding.

Sadly, the BD does not play.  If I insert the disc into the drive, AnyDVD HD comes up and analyses the disc.  MC 21 shows the title but no sound comes out.  I can play my ALAC files to my DAC (iFi microDSD).  Normally, I have the Playback Options as Bitstream - DSD and Encoded to 4xDSD.  But for the BDA disc, I set it to no bitstreaming and none for encoding.

It still shows the album art but if I click play nothing happens.  If I restart MC and play the disc, the DSP Studio shows Input Path: 48KHz 32-bit 8ch from source format aac.  Convert: Changes from 8-channel to 2.  Encoding: 48KHz 32-bit 2ch using ASIO (direct connection).  This is with the Bitstream on.
With Bitstream and Encoding to none, it displays the same input, encoding, and output format.  But selecting play does nothing and it just shows the album graphics.

I can play the disc via CyberLink PowerDVD 12 with it set to output to the DAC/speaker combo.

I must have some settings incorrect in MC 21.

BTW, I'm on Windows 10 Pro, if that makes any difference.

-H

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 02:17:18 pm »

Can you play any BD in MC, or is it just this disk that is giving the issues?
JRiver CEO Elect

HedgeHog

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 03:51:20 pm »

Right, good call.  I should have tried another disc.

So far, Supertramp - Crime of the Century (BDA), Rush - A Farewell to Kings (BDA), and The Rolling Stones - Grrr! (BDA) all play fine.  Reinserting Rush - Signals identifies the disc but it will not play. But as mentioned, the same disc in the same PC will play on PowerDVD 12.

Confounding!

Thx.

-H

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 05:04:25 pm »

Mmmm - All my BDA are fine but I don't have this disk.  I'm wondering if AnyDVD is decrypting it ok.... When it is "mounted" in windows, can you browse through the disk structure in Explorer to the ....\BDMV\STREAM folder and with MediaInfo check the M2TS.  Can you then "play" any of these M2TS files in MC?
JRiver CEO Elect

HedgeHog

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 11:28:54 pm »

Yup.  I can see the directory structure from Windows Explorer.  It's showing all 13 MTS files.

If I right-click over one of these files and select Open With... JRiver Media Center 21, it loads it up and "plays" it.  The time code counts and the BD drive flashes to indicate activity but no sound comes out.  As mentioned, the other program can play the same disc on this same PC without problem.  I just prefer to user MC for audio playback over other apps.

Playing an audio file (ALAC) immediately works.  Seems my MC setup cannot encode MTS properly for playback.

-H

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 11:37:43 pm »

2) Is there a way to display and revise the playlist of songs added to Playing Now?

You can reorder, add to, delete from, the songs in Playing Now any time you want.  On the left side in the Navigation area, at the top, you should see Playing Now.  Click it and the center area should show you the Playing Now list and probably album art for the song that is currently playing.

From there, you can just drag songs into the positions you want them to be in.  You can do lots of things in Playing Now including deleting songs you don't want, adding new ones, etc.

I hope this gets you started.

Brian.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 11:39:07 pm »

I'm just trying to work out what is different on this disk to the others (that work).

What Audio Streams are available and do any of them play? (right click on the video Windows --> Streams) see pic
JRiver CEO Elect

HedgeHog

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 11:47:21 pm »

Ohhhhh...thx for that tip on selecting the streams.  Seems it was defaulting to AAC.  I changed it to DTS-HD MA and TrueHD.  The disc now plays with either stream.  Weird that the other discs selected the playable encoding but not this one.

Thx again for your assistance!

Cheers.

BTW, item 2 was regarding whether I can see the playlist of songs I selected manually with Add to Playing Now.  Is there an option to show the list?  Sometimes I add so many that I forget what I've selected.

-Hedwig

blgentry

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 11:51:11 pm »

BTW, item 2 was regarding whether I can see the playlist of songs I selected manually with Add to Playing Now.  Is there an option to show the list?  Sometimes I add so many that I forget what I've selected.

I'm having trouble understanding.  You add 100 songs to Playing Now.  They go into the Playing Now queue.  So click on Playing Now and you'll see all of the songs you added.  What are you trying to do?

Brian.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 11:52:14 pm »

So I'm confused AFAIK AAC is not part of the BD Spec.  Is this a retail BD Pure Audio or something else?
JRiver CEO Elect

HedgeHog

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 12:05:03 am »

So I'm confused AFAIK AAC is not part of the BD Spec.  Is this a retail BD Pure Audio or something else?

It's a Pure Audio release.  I just got it but can never play it till now.

-H

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 12:06:27 am »

Can you post a screen shot like what I did?  I'm fascinated to see what they have done on this disk and will need to track one down myself.
JRiver CEO Elect

HedgeHog

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 12:50:17 am »

I'm having trouble understanding.  You add 100 songs to Playing Now.  They go into the Playing Now queue.  So click on Playing Now and you'll see all of the songs you added.  What are you trying to do?

Brian.

Whoops...sorry, Brian.  I didn't see your post above.

I see it now...sorry for the dopey question.  I didn't check Playing Now.  Occam's Razor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up