INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 20 & 21 hanging  (Read 2469 times)

fegelmej

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 20 & 21 hanging
« on: October 21, 2015, 07:22:59 pm »

Jim, guys,

I'm a long time MC user, maybe since 8.  Version 20 would hang when I would do anything other than play.  Import to library, rip, shut down.  Anything.  Upgraded to WIN 10, same issue.  Upgraded to MC 21 - same problem.  I've reloaded, I've stopped virus scanners, firewalls, etc, all have same issue.  I've got a lot of new music I would like to import, but cannot.  All prior versions work fine for years, and even today.  Will go back to MC 19, but would rather support you going forward.

Love the program and the interface, but this is getting frustrating.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Elliott

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 20 & 21 hanging
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 07:40:48 pm »

Perhaps if you specified all the hardware you are using, someone may be able to see an issue. As you have upgraded to Windows 10, it seems unlikely that this is a software issue specifically. Although it could be a driver issue for some specific hardware. I assume you have updated all drivers possible.

Are you able to get a log of a hang, to see if something is reported in it?

Also, have you gone through the Troubleshooting Guide?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 06:01:18 am »

If two versions of MC hang on two versions of Windows, it's likely to be something specific on your machine. 

Take a look at the "Weird Problems" link in my signature, and in that thread, at the "Antivirus Problems" link in the first post.

Are your files local?  NAS drives have sometimes been a problem.

fegelmej

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 01:26:35 pm »

Followed advice to Change from Chromium to Internet Explorer, but no improvement.

Turned off Norton, no improvement

Installed updated video card - Radeon R7 series.  That seems to have addressed the issue :)

Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up