INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DNLA renderer discovery(?)  (Read 3699 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
DNLA renderer discovery(?)
« on: October 29, 2015, 12:35:58 pm »

I have 2 Tvs capable of rendering DNLA, a Sony Bravia in the family room, and a new Visio E-series in the bedroom upstairs. At first, I couldn't get the Sony to work (ie, recognize files on the MC server, as accessed from the list of servers listed by the Tv). However, MC20 listed the Sony Tv as a renderer and it works properly now after I used MC to drag a media file to it instance in the MC list.

As for the Visio Tv, it does list the MC server, but like the Sony initially no media files are recognized (although I know compatible H264 MP4 files exist). My problem is figuring out why MC doesn't list the Visio Tv as a renderer so that I can try initializing the connection like I did with the Sony(?)

Anyone have a clue as to why the Visio isn't being recognized by MC when the Tv recognizes the DNLA server? Or, how I can troubleshooting the problem? Could I be having a problem with wifi, or the fact that the Visio is wifi connected via a wifi repeater?  Let me know if I can provide more info ...

TIA :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

shAf

Re: DNLA renderer discovery(?)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 06:53:54 am »

... just a thought ... Has anyone had problems with wifi router firewall settings? ...especially as they pertain to DLNA over wifi(?)

Heathwood99

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 03:27:09 am »

On my router (Netgear) there is a curious setting to "enable wireless isolation". If this is checked it will disallow wireless devices to access each other.

In my set up my audio streamer (CA Streamagic) is 'seen' by MC Center 20 and also my Panasonic smart TV, although I don't use MC Center to control the latter.

If you are able to login to your router you should be able to pick up all the wireless devices.

:)

shAf

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 05:41:24 am »

On my router (Netgear) there is a curious setting to "enable wireless isolation". If this is checked it will disallow wireless devices to access each other.
[...]
Thanx Heathwood!  However, I think it's probably not a wifi or router problem, least wise not a general device isolation problem, because Netflix works as it should for the smart Tv in question. One possibility, on the other hand, is if DLNA broadcasting depends on a particular port being open (and closed in my case for wifi only) ...

More likely it is a Visio problem with broadcasting. I was hoping to find the DLNA expert here--is there a another forum dedicated to DLNA issues or with more DLNA expertise? (...hard to believe...)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 02:31:49 pm »

Thanx Heathwood!  However, I think it's probably not a wifi or router problem, least wise not a general device isolation problem, because Netflix works as it should for the smart Tv in question. One possibility, on the other hand, is if DLNA broadcasting depends on a particular port being open (and closed in my case for wifi only) ...

More likely it is a Visio problem with broadcasting. I was hoping to find the DLNA expert here--is there a another forum dedicated to DLNA issues or with more DLNA expertise? (...hard to believe...)

For reference, SSDP (discovery) is on UDP port 1900.
As for the Visio, it may be a media player and not a media renderer. There are lots of devices that don't support being pushed to.
You can lookup your model number here:
http://www.dlna.org/products/
Pages: [1]   Go Up