INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help wanted : how to display a 'file list' in Panes view  (Read 1859 times)

Tristar71

• Recent member
help wanted : how to display a 'file list' in Panes view
« on: November 06, 2015, 05:55:46 pm »

Hi Guys,
I've noticed that in certain views like Categories etc under each thumbnail is a link to 'play' or 'file' ... clicking 'file' reveals a track list under the album thumbnails.... If I have a view that uses 'Panes' then the file option disappears?

I'm trying to tag files and this is a bit easier using panes but I need the track listing below...

how do I alter the panes view so that there is a link to reveal 'files' under the thumbnails?

TIA
dean

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: help wanted : how to display a 'file list' in Panes view
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 01:30:06 am »

Morning Dean,

Hover the mouse on the tab for the view until the view header menu opens. Explore the options available to you in the "List Style" sub-menu. "Details" is most likely what you are after.

You can further refine the file list by utilizing the options under "Group By"

If you find yourself needing these list style options on a regular basis, you can add buttons for the various options to your top, or bottom, toolbar.

-marko

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 01:29:28 pm »

Hi Marko, will these kinds of customizations also work for Theater View? I've poked through much of the interface and don't see much in the way of customizing the look of Theater View.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 12:40:09 pm »

Theater View is slightly different.

In your mind, when imagining a view for Theater View, just remember that they work much like standard view "Category" views. Have a look at this:

As no categories have been added, this view will simply show a huge list of Audio files in Theater View. Once there, you would go up into the top roller, move along to "More", then down to "Toggle View", where repeated presses will cycle the file list through the availble view options.

If you add categories, you would navigate through each one before arriving at the final list of files. Think of this as similar to working your way through a panes view from left to right.

Finally, don't forget that if you want your Theater View, view, to load directly at the file list, you can use the "Set rules..." button to filter the list according to any preferences you may have, or leave that empty to list everything.

Hope that helps, shout if you need more...

-marko

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 03:32:53 pm »

As no categories have been added, this view will simply show a huge list of Audio files in Theater View. Once there, you would go up into the top roller, move along to "More", then down to "Toggle View", where repeated presses will cycle the file list through the availble view options.

Thanks for the great overview. The "Toggle View" option was the missing link for me - I was looking only in the Options screens and didn't realize there was the ability to change the look within the Theater View GUI itself. Cheers...  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up