INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Slide Show  (Read 2428 times)

idhToronto

• Junior Woodchuck
Theater View Slide Show
« on: November 25, 2015, 03:53:42 pm »

I am sure that in a previous version of JRiver the images displayed in the Theater View background would become a slide show if there were many. Now the same image seems to be displayed all the time. Is there a setting to change the background display?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View Slide Show
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 05:45:49 pm »

Yes.

If you did an upgrade from MC20 to 21, then any custom Theatre View Theme images you had would not have been moved from the MC20 directory structure to the MC21 structure.

Theme files are located in the following folder for MC21, and a similar one for MC20, where "MyTheme" is a folder you have created that holds your custom theme. I copied the Default Theme and then replaced the default images with my own in that directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 21\Skins\Theater View\Themes\MyTheme

Once you have the folder in the correct location, with your images in place, go to "Tools/Options/Theatre View/Appearance/Theme" and select your new custom theme, which has the same name as the directory you created. Note that there are a whole lot of other settings in there as well, which you should look over.

Easy. But you have to remember to move this stuff for major upgrades. Well, I don't think they are supposed to get moved or copied automatically. Certainly my custom theme wasn't automatically copied from MC20 to MC21.

It is a bit strange placing images under the "Program Files (x86)" directory, rather than a user directory such as "C:\Users\[UserID]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21", or even pointing the Theme to a photo collection stored somewhere else. But I am not aware of any way to place Themes under a user directory, or point to another image location. If someone is aware of somewhere else custom Themes should be placed, please speak up.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

idhToronto

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 07:07:14 am »

Yes I have done all that which is how I knew it selected one of the images in the folder. What I would like it to do is cycle through all the images. It does this on one of my PC ... i guess I will have to compare settings as there does not seen to be a way to copy the settings from one PC to another.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 07:08:47 am »

Settings are included in the backup that MC makes.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 08:53:42 am »

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up