INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21 Windows Won't Register  (Read 3200 times)

philx

Media Center 21 Windows Won't Register
« on: November 26, 2015, 03:39:17 pm »

I downloaded Media Center 21 Windows and paid for it via PayPal. I've tried entering the registration code and tried running the .mjr file. It is still showing as unregistered. I've also entered the PayPal Transaction ID etc at https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/paypal_support.cgi. That didn't work either. Why won't this thing register?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 21 Windows Won't Register
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 04:37:42 pm »

Double clicking the mjr file was always reliable for me, and the easiest method.

I didn't think the software needed to "call home" when using that method either, but it could be that the transaction hasn't made it way from PayPal to JRiver. Being Thanksgiving, maybe even all the computers take a day off!

Regardless, restart the PC and try again. If that doesn't work, perhaps follow up here when the long Thanksgiving weekend is over (Monday). If something went wrong in the purchase process, it sometimes needs a human to intervene on your behalf, and they are all rolling around with full bellies just now.

Don't worry though, JRiver always sorts these hiccups out pretty quickly. You haven't lost your money, and MC will continue to work as a trial, unless you have already used up your free 30 days.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 07:38:10 pm »

Hey Jim, you are supposed to be laying back on a sofa with a belly full of turkey trying to recover the ability to walk!

Get back to the celebrating!  ;)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

philx

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 06:34:16 am »

I went to the page at https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License and followed the link to the License Restore Page. I entered my registration code and installed the .mjr file it created. I've tried this with the media player running and without. I've tried re-booting after. I got the EMail from JRiver after I did the restore. But it is still showing as unregistered, with 19 days to go.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 06:55:48 am »

Your license is for MC21 for Windows. 

Download it from our Download Page.

Install it.

Restore your license.  Use copy and paste.

We occasionally see problems with antivirus software interfering.
Pages: [1]   Go Up