INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nomad Zen Crashing MC9  (Read 2362 times)

WendtCreations

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Nomad Zen Crashing MC9
« on: August 30, 2003, 04:49:41 pm »

MC9: Version 9.0.180
Zen Plugin: Version 9.0.21

Hello

MC9 is causing a "memory could not be read" error and hanging when I attempt to delete any file from the Nomad Zen.  This error can be duplicated on different machines and using two separate Nomad Zens.  It happens 100% of the time.

Thanks for looking into this

P.S.  Oops, forgot to add that this is happening under Windows XP Pro

HeavyPet@Work

• Recent member
  • Boognish, mang.
Re: Nomad Zen Crashing MC9
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2003, 01:00:50 pm »

This happens to me as well (wups i posted in the version 8 forum yesterday)

Running: MC 9 on Windows XP Home.
Connected: Creative Nomad Jukebox 3 via firewire.

Can view what is on the Jukebox from MC9 no problem.
Can add files from MC9 to the Jukebox no problem.
Try to delete one or more Nomad files from within MC9:  Crash with an error in the "Media Core" :

AppName: media jukebox.exe       AppVer: 9.0.180.0       ModName: hh_nomadjukebox.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.1       Offset: 00001036

Anyone else have this problem?
Is there a fix?
thanks!
-pet

HeavyPet@Work

• Recent member
  • Boognish, mang.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 04:34:06 pm »

Update!

Upgrading to the latest BETA version 9.1:
Selecting ONE TRACK on the Nomad III list, and then clicking delete:  WORKS!   The track is deleted, and the program does not crash.

HOWEVER,
Select more-than-one track on the Nomad III's list and try Delete:  Only the first track of the selection is deleted.

So.  9.1 is an improvement, but can only delete one track at a time, not more.   Still have to use the Creative Labs' software to delete multiple tracks from the Nomad III at one shot.  (I dislike having to do that: I don't like the Creative Labs software much, and having to switch apps for this is no fun.)

Note though that 9.1 is Beta, and is thus a risk to use.

My release/beta notes for the day.
Cheers,
-pet

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 06:55:31 am »

WendtCreations,

Please try getting MC 9.1.242 and the latest plugin (9.0.22) and I think all will be better.

Pet,

Thanks for the report. Please get Plugin 9.0.22 and I think you will be all set.

Steve

HeavyPet@Work

• Recent member
  • Boognish, mang.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2003, 06:40:17 pm »

Thanks Steve!

I updated to the lastest jukebox III plug-in driver 9.0.22 for MC9.1 (wish I'd have thought of that *blush*)  ;D and deletion of multiple tracks works fine.

Thanks for your time and the pointer!

Now, I currently own MJ8, and have MC9 (now 9.1) on 30-day trial.

Wil this fix be made for MJ8, or will I need to upgrade to 9.1?  (I recall there is no Upgrade Price from MJ8 to MC9, like there was from MJ7 to MJ8, is that right?)

Cheers,
-pet

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2003, 07:07:02 pm »

There is a reduced price upgrade.  Details are here:

www.mediajukebox.com/license

HeavyPet@Work

• Recent member
  • Boognish, mang.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2003, 07:46:24 pm »

There is a reduced price upgrade.  Details are here:

www.mediajukebox.com/license

aah, yeah. that's right.  I bought version 7 and upgraded to 8.  But I need a newer licence than 7 for 9.
It's all coming back to me.

Cheers!
-pet

WendtCreations

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2003, 12:04:36 am »

Problem is still present under version 9.0180

Upgrading to 9.1 not an option (please see post on skins)

Thanks for looking into this

Best

SteveG

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2003, 07:29:48 am »

We will have to solve the skin issue to get you up to 9.1.

Steve

WendtCreations

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2003, 09:35:33 am »

As an alternative, is there some way for me to get Zen plugin version .20?  If I remember correctly, that version's issue was with properly syncing 2 or more song s that had the identical title but different artists (it would consider them the same song).  However, it did work properly for deleting files from the Zen.

Between the two issues, I would rather have the incorrect syncing, since it happens rarely statistically, whereas deleting songs from the Zen is a more common task for me.  Unfortunately, I no longer have the older version of the plugin saved anywhere.

Many thanks if you can help with getting the older plugin (.20)

WendtCreations

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2003, 10:18:09 am »

>> (p.s. some hardware will only be supported with MC 9.1)

This statement was posted by Matt on my Skins "issue".  Since that thread is locked (at my request) could someone please clarify what the statement means?

I.E.  - Does the word "supported" refer to tech support issues, menaing you will only address new issues on hardware as they pertain to version 9.1 of MC or does it mean that as new hardware comes out, plugins will only be written to work in version 9.1 and not older versions?

I know it seems extreme, but for me, I simply do not use skinned software (not starting a debate, just stating a fact) so I really would like a good idea of where my Zen will stand with version 9.0180 of MC, since I do intend to keep that version.  It works wonderfully for everything I do, except for deleting files from the Zen.  BUT, deleting files from the Zen worked in the past with older plugins and version of MC, so all I am really hoping is for the RETURN of this functionality under your last non-skinned version of MC :(

Thanks for clariying this issue.

I want to make it clear I am not even ranting here, just trying to get a concrete answer so I can evaluate my options.  I have loved MC for a long time, and respect your decision regarding the skins thing;  sometimes people just have to part ways :)  I would like to stick with MC very much; the alternatives are not all that great.  So is there anything at all that can, or more importantly, will be done about the plugin under version 9.0180?

If the answer is no, that is also fine, I am not 12, after all :)  The reason I would like a concrete answer is so that I know whether to keep checking here for the fix or to simply accept the problem is here to stay, since I will personally not upgrade to version 9.1.

Thanks again for all the hard work on this software, and for your ever-vigilant responses to us users :)

SteveG

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2003, 11:26:06 am »

WendtCreations,

Thanks for a calm and reasonable reply. The short answers to your questions are, no, there is not a way to return to an earlier plugin and support issues will only be handled moving forward (9.1).  We wish you would come along for the ride, but if not, best of luck to you.

Steve

WendtCreations

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2003, 11:29:50 am »

Thanks for the reply, Steve :)

Farewell, everyone *wave*
Pages: [1]   Go Up