INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem playing FLAC files in MC21  (Read 2086 times)

Jake81

• Recent member
Problem playing FLAC files in MC21
« on: December 09, 2015, 02:48:36 pm »

Hello,

My soundcard, an Asus Xonar HDMI, has broken so I bought a new card AMD HDMI with sound & video in one card. I have something really strange when I play FLAC files in MC21 I've got a message "Something went wrong with playback". I have this in Theater View and in Standard view when I try to play FLAC files.

But if I go in Windows to one of those files and I click right on a file and select open with MC21 the FLAC file plays without any problem. If I try again in Standard View or Theater view the same message will appear... If I play a MP3 file in STD view or Theater view it plays w/o any problem. I checked out the audio output settings but I think they are okay. With video files there is no problem, 5.1 or whatever it works in STD & Theater View.

Any help please...

I am using JRiver MC for over 6 years and I've sold some HTPC's with JRiver but this problem is new for me.

regards,

Jacky

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem playing FLAC files in MC21
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 02:51:17 pm »

The FLAC files may be higher bit rate and sample rate.  Experiment with what the card supports in Windows Control Panel > Sounds.  Make sure you can play there.

You can see the bit rate and sample rate in MC's tags.

Jake81

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 03:45:02 pm »

Hi Jim,

The card support all bit rates from 44.1 Khz to 192 Khz. It is a AMD R7 360 card. I can see all the bit rates mentioned in Control panel/Sound.

When I double click on a FLAC file in a Windows folder it plays in STD view and if I go to Theater view it plays to.

But if I try to play the same file directly in MC21, STD view or Theater view the message appear and no sound.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 04:25:54 pm »

The card support all bit rates from 44.1 Khz to 192 Khz. It is a AMD R7 360 card. I can see all the bit rates mentioned in Control panel/Sound.
Can you play the tests sounds from there, using those rates?

Did you try switching among WASAPI, ASIO, and DirectSound in MC's Audio settings?

What are the files? 

Jake81

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 02:29:18 am »

I've tried to play sounds from there and it works. I tried also the different output modes; Direct Sound, Wasapi etc... no difference. It seems strange.

Finaly I reinstalled the whole HTPC and now it's working. Probably an issue between some leftover from the drivers from the old Xonar(I uninstal them completely) and the new card.

Thanks for your suggestions.

regards,

Jacky
Pages: [1]   Go Up