INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the "previously-shown start" xml tag stored anywhere?  (Read 3225 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Is the "previously-shown start" xml tag stored anywhere?
« on: December 09, 2015, 04:38:51 pm »

I'd like to create a smartlist that shows me all NEW episodes of series coming up in the next week or so.

Is this info stored in a tag somewhere?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Is the "previously-shown start" xml tag stored anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 06:56:49 pm »

I'd like to create a smartlist that shows me all NEW episodes of series coming up in the next week or so.

Is this info stored in a tag somewhere?

If "Previously-shown" has a start date that is earlier than the scheduled time, the show is considered rerun, and the Rerun tag is set to 1.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 07:00:08 pm »

Great - thank you.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 07:42:56 pm »

Plus of course "Rerun" is set to "1" if the "Repeat" tag is set in any EPG data MC acquires. Correct?
Yes, Rerun is the field to look at.

Rerun is set to true, when epg data contains "rerun".  It is set to false if epg contains "new".  It is set to true if the data has a "original air date" that is older than the schedule date.  It defaults to false.

I have very occasionally seen programs tagged with a Keyword of "New", when the show is considered by the broadcaster to be a new show, as differentiated from a show that has been around a while. In Australia of course the broadcasters pretty often put NEW! as a prefix or suffix in the show name. But that gets stripped out of my EPG data I think, and doesn't get added as a Keyword. Maybe I should ask for that to happen...  (That is an EPG Collector issue, not MC.)

Anyway, just thought I would share as I wasn't sure when I first read your post if you were looking for non-repeat airings or new shows based on some rule.

Yaobing, while the "Rerun" tag is used by the "Do not record reruns" flag in the Recording Rules, the "Do not record programs that have been recorded in the past" flag looks for matches with previously recorded programs using the fields defined for the rule, but what does MC search for those matches?

Is it just programs that are still in the library, or does it include programs that were previously in the library, but have now been deleted? I have wondered this in the past, and I know you have provided some information previously, but can't find it or remember the answer.

What I'm thinking is that if the answer is all existing programs, plus all that previously existed and have been deleted, then there is a great source of information to compare against when looking for actual "New" programs or series.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 11:37:39 pm »

I'm liking to use it to create a First Run view for shows that get shown 7 nights a week but the new one only once a week - The big bang theory is a good example. I'm looking to use something like Series is not null, rerun is not 1.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 04:59:23 am »

For your Big Bang Theory series example, I just create two subscriptions - one for new episodes only (no reruns) on channel X, and the other for "Do not record previously recorded shows" on all channels.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 05:57:13 am »

When using the rerun field, also note that if a program is included in the current EPG data more than once, and meets the criteria to be a new program, then for the first instance of the program the rerun field is left blank, but for all following instances of the program in the EPG data the rerun field is given a value of 1.

I saw this clearly in my custom Guide data view today. I didn't check if this remained true if following showings of the program were on another channel. That may be important to know when setting up rules for specific channels.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 02:23:43 pm »

For your Big Bang Theory series example, I just create two subscriptions - one for new episodes only (no reruns) on channel X, and the other for "Do not record previously recorded shows" on all channels.

Thanks for that. The idea was to just display those first run episodes, rather than to necessarily record them. I got the data I was looking for and figured out the grid layout isn't the best to view it - far too many gaps :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up