INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.242 beta available  (Read 19825 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.242 beta available
« on: August 29, 2003, 08:35:25 am »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:  

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

If you're patient and willing to help find the bugs, you can download 9.1 here:    

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91242.exe    (backup your library before installing)      

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI, please use another thread.

History:
1. Changed: Customize Toolbar dialog now sorts unshown buttons.
2. Changed: Customize Toolbar dialog faster to update after changes.
3. Changed: Updated the look and feel of PixOS in a few areas.
4. Fixed: Action Window didn't update / repaint properly in windowed mode.
5. Fixed: Non-highlighted toolbar buttons were too faded out.
6. Fixed: MC would not restart in maximized mode after closing maximized.
7. Fixed: MC would not update properly when doing Ctrl+Shift selections inside lists.
8. Changed: MC skin can disable toolbar inactive greying by setting InactiveBlend to FFFFFF in the skin XML.
9. Fixed: Lists wouldn't properly get the action focus, so menu tools would operate on the tree instead of the list.
10. Fixed: Tagging mode wouldn't always list all the "other values" when there was a user search string entered.
11. Fixed: MJExtMan would throw an error message box every time it was called.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 9.1.242 beta available
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 08:53:50 am »

Again some nice new buttons... Who is that artist on the "ActionWindowNavigation.png" ?  ;)

Small Bug: Some icons of the "ListIcons.png" don't have transparency.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 09:12:55 am »

Looking better and better.  Really like the new icons and the new icon shade on the toolbar.

---

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.  A WMA stream from the station works fine.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/08/22  Priority: Medium
    Opening Not Accurate
    Leaving MC in a folder such as (I:) causes it to reset to My Computer level when restarted.  This is probably related to the recently resolved Favorites issue.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/08/22  Priority: Low
    Deletion Confirmation
    When deleting files via My Computer that aren't imported, MC shouldn't ask whether to remove from library or not.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/08/21  Priority: Low
    Resizing/Refocus Issue
    Click on a window that partially covers MC then click any of MC's visible borders while the cursor is showing the resize tool and MC will resize slightly smaller even though you only clicked  Also, you do not have the option to resize MC's window by grabbing directly beneath the button bar.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/08/21  Priority: Low
    Action Window Position
    The Action Window should remain flush to the bottom at all times.  When there isn't enough displayed in the tree, there is a bit of white space beneath the Action Window.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/31  Priority: Low
    No "to All" Buttons
    Was moving some files that overwrote some other files and MC asks for confirmation on each.  There needs to be "Yes to All" and "No to All" buttons.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/21  Priority: Low
    Keyboard Shortcuts Unavailable in Web Media
    You cannot use keyboard shortcuts such as CTRL-V.  You cannot tab between fields.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
    ASIO fades too early
    Using ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a single track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/08/22  Priority: Medium
      Locate On Disk Not Accurate
      Using Locate > On Disk (Inside Media Center), when the file is located on a shared drive, brings you to the root of My Computer rather than the proper folder.  This is occurring with files located on a Unix Samba share.[/s]
Toast goes in the toaster.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 09:17:48 am »

Really shaping up nicely. :)

A couple of questions (promise I won't ask again once these are answered).

1. Are there plans to give us a dedicated way to go straight to File Properties->Detailed View?

2. Are there plans to make CD burning and Handheld AWs show the list of files the same way AW does for Playing Now and Playlists?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 09:30:19 am »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.  A WMA stream from the station works fine.

This plays perfectly for me.  Please start a new thread and ask if anyone else can duplicate the problem.

Marko

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 09:38:13 am »

w00t got broke this build.

The .dll is reg'd, but not an option in the "display plugin" menu for some reason.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 09:56:07 am »

w00t got broke this build.

w00t and Slideshow need to be updated to use the new imaging system.  Look for a newer version next week.

1. Are there plans to give us a dedicated way to go straight to File Properties->Detailed View?

Yes.

2. Are there plans to make CD burning and Handheld AWs show the list of files the same way AW does for Playing Now and Playlists?

That's too ambitious for 9.1.  It'll have to wait for version 10.0.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mrsnarky

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2003, 09:58:36 am »

A few things:

When maximized, MC still has a problem relinquishing the bottom of the desktop to the auto-hide toolbar in XP.  I still have to click on the space created by the rounded frame.

Also, new in  .242, when I am able to get the toolbar to pop up, when I select another application MC stays on top, i.e. the other application won't be visible until I hit the space outside the frame.

UPDATE:  After changing the skin from PixOS to Nightlife, and back, the problem seems to have gone away.  Argh!

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2003, 11:51:56 am »

Small esthetic bug (but it robs of space...):

Lists in Action Window always reserve an empty space on the right for a scrollbar - although there's no scrollbar present...

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2003, 12:03:12 pm »

Not sure if this is just me but seeing as we seem to be getting close to 9.1 release I thaught I should at least mention it.

I am using a M-Audio Revolution with the ASIO output in MC. Almost everytime I start playback for the first time after a reboot the play back tempo will be too slow not by alot but perceptable. Stopping and restarting playback will return the tempo to normal. In some of the 9.1 builds I had to switch to directx output to fix the problem.

Should probably also mention that I am using the DFX plugin, the EQ and have the output format set to 24 bit, source channels 48,000 hz.

Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

ventilatedslacks

• Junior Woodchuck
  • bouncing off the walls, mr jones is back...
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2003, 12:17:42 pm »

I still can't change the sort order for burning a cd. Here's what's happening:

1. Send tracks to CD burner window
2. Default sort order is Seq-Artist-Album-Track
3. I change the order to Album-Track-Artist-Seq (Automatically Save Sort Changes option is checked)
4. Either right click and select Update Order or click anywhere else in MC.
5. Order returns to default (Artist-Album-Track)

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2003, 12:24:00 pm »

BUGs New

NEW Aug-29-03... Changing skin causes album image in Action Window to creep up higher & higher.  I started with a new download & install of 242... the Image was slightly off the bottom of the Action Window.  After trying all three skins the album image had crept up an inch from the bottom of the Action window.  Resizing the window did not correct it.

BUGs Still Open

NEW Jul-25-03... The top right window does not remember where I left off at when I go back to it.  It should remember the last Artist & selection I made.  This is useful for going back to another album for the same Artists.  The old Explorer tree view of 9.0 did not have this problem.  I could go back & forth between Playing Now & return to the tree & the Artist/Album I had selected was still showing.

* NEW Jul-25-03... Ctrl + Shift + Tab brings up all basic TV controls except Gamma.  This works on the ATI A-I-W cards & should work on MC 9 also.

* NEW Aug-26-03... Gamma control for TV does not work.  This works on the ATI A-I-W TV tuner & should work on MC 9 also.

MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2003, 12:40:01 pm »

I am using a M-Audio Revolution with the ASIO output in MC. Almost everytime I start playback for the first time after a reboot the play back tempo will be too slow not by alot but perceptable. Stopping and restarting playback will return the tempo to normal. In some of the 9.1 builds I had to switch to directx output to fix the problem.

I recently switched to a Revo 7.1 and the first card I bought had strange problems with the tempo that were far more pronounced than yours:  sometimes it would vary wildly until the tempo got to pretty much 0 bpm and the card would "lock up" until I rebooted the machine.  I exchanged it for another one and have had zero problems since.

Not suggesting necessarily it's your hardware but it is something to consider, especially if you just bought the card.

msc3

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2003, 01:51:09 pm »

Maynard
(This space for rent)

ventilatedslacks

• Junior Woodchuck
  • bouncing off the walls, mr jones is back...
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2003, 01:51:18 pm »

The problem I mentioned above about not being able to change the sort order when burning cds appears to happen only if I assign a folder naming scheme from the burning window's Options button. If I select None for Folders, then I can resort with no problem.

lOth

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2003, 03:02:29 pm »

3. Changed: Updated the look and feel of PixOS in a few areas.  

Bravo! It looks fantastic, congratulations to whoever did this  :D

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2003, 03:44:07 pm »

It's looking better and better. Nice Fileicons!

Open - First Reported: 29.08.2003
Horizontal scrollbar is missing in Organization Tree
When expanding e.g. playlists with long filenames or in x-subfolder, a vertical Scrollbar is needed, but it's not there  :'( (tested with build in Skins PixOS, Green Eyes, Z)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2003, 03:44:28 pm »

NEW: Added clean file properties option "Move articles to end (i.e. 'The Beatles' to 'Beatles, The')."

Regarding this addition, are there any plans make the DISPLAY work this way without actually changing the file name itself?   The way it works now, you actually rename the tag to "Beatles, The" rather than simply taking the name "The Beatles" and displaying it as "Beatles, The."  I'd don't want to actually change the tag itself, but it would be nice to be able to tell the library to display the list in this manner.

Thanks,

Larry

gkerber

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2003, 05:00:24 pm »

The problem of leftover right click menu's continues.

This problem has been confirmed by many, any progress?

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2003, 05:15:08 pm »

PixOS is fixed for Windows 98 (mine,anyway) ... no more white letters.  

Addding files to "playing now" still takes about 25 seconds for each one when in "Media Library" view. Not so when in "Playlists - Auto Smartlists (music) - All Music".

There it's almost instantaneous. Maybe that's a clue. I don't know.

All in all, coming along very nicely.

Did somebody say "Version 10"?
This has all been wonderful fun since Version 7. Still is.
Maybe I should get a life .... NAHH!.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2003, 05:21:14 pm »

Regarding this addition, are there any plans make the DISPLAY work this way without actually changing the file name itself?   The way it works now, you actually rename the file to "Beatles, The" rather than simply taking the name "The Beatles" and displaying it as "Beatles, The."  I'd don't want to actually rename the file itself, but it would be nice to be able to tell the list to display items in this manner.

Thanks,

Larry

How does it work when you just have "Name" checked and not "Filename.." of any kind?
That's right.
I'm cool.

gkerber

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2003, 05:27:38 pm »

Mouse Auto-Focus - doesn't work as well as it used to.

Mostly it works, but sometimes I still have to click in the panes to get it "started" and then it works in all the panes.

Can anyone else confirm this, and also figure out a better bug report.  I can't figure out what causes it to stop working and require a helpful "click".

(gotta say, it was the auto-focus that really got me to start playing in the panes)

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2003, 06:03:12 pm »

I recently switched to a Revo 7.1 and the first card I bought had strange problems with the tempo that were far more pronounced than yours:  sometimes it would vary wildly until the tempo got to pretty much 0 bpm and the card would "lock up" until I rebooted the machine.  I exchanged it for another one and have had zero problems since.

Not suggesting necessarily it's your hardware but it is something to consider, especially if you just bought the card.

Thanks for the tip I have access to another one so maybe I'll swap it and see what happens. Was your issue with ASIO or other output? MC only or other apps?

I have only seen this with MC in ASIO in the 9.1 betas  I am pretty sure it didn't happen in 9.0. I should probably try directx for a while to confirm that it is ASIO related.
Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2003, 07:42:17 pm »

1) The JRiver video encoder and decoder codecs do not register properly when upgrading to any new version from any previous version.  I have to manually register the MJVideoEncoder.ax and MJVideoDecoder.ax files.  Strangely enough, if I completely uninstall Media Center, clear out the registry, and the directory, then do a fresh reinstall it registers fine.

2) The graphics for the pause/play button do not toggle in TV Tuner mode when entering/exiting time-shifting mode.

3) The Date (filename friendly) field in the Detailed Info screen does not generate unique names.  For example, If more than one file is created 1/1/98, both files would have a value of 19980101-000000 in the Date (filename friendly field).

Fixed as of 9.1.241:
4) Unable to stream video files from Media Server to Media Center.  I recieve an error " DirectShow: Unknown streaming error: 0xc00d002b" and then Media Center crashes.  The same files play fine with Media Center locally.

Fixed as of 9.1.241:
5) If I go into the options for Media Server, then exit without making any changes, and restart Media Server it will crash.

6) No handle to resize Media Center window in upper left corner. I think the menu pulldowns are a little too close to the edge.

7) With Media Server running, browsing some websites causes Media Center to warn about images missing from the library.  It appears that Media Server is somehow responding to traffic intended for the web browser.  For example, this URL http://computer.howstuffworks.com/router1.htm causes a missing file warning to appear for a file named g.gif.

Thanks,
amwoza

Juergen

• nothing more to say...
Bug? Replay Gain not possible 4 IPOD?
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2003, 08:58:53 pm »

Hi,

I posted this already to 241 - for me there is no change in 242.

My observation:

When I want to apply the Replay Gain to my Ipod (right click on Ipod than SYNCHRTONIZE IPOD INFO WITH PC) MC9.1 just crashes without any error message. It simply disappears...

Seems tu be a bug?

Juergen

------------------------------------------------------------

Media Center 9.1.242 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1836 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 806 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4824A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2003, 10:34:48 pm »

How does it work when you just have "Name" checked and not "Filename.." of any kind?

I should have said "tags" and not "file."  I don't want the tag to be renamed -- I just want to change the way the library displays the list.

Larry

dragyn

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2003, 02:04:15 am »

when using the view filter, it takes MC (right now) 45secs to display the info in the player window (track, name, etc...at the top). The music will start right away though.

[I had my view filter hiding a smartlist using location=. I just changed that to [Filename (path)]= and it only takes 13secs to display the info. still a little too long I think.]

Treepath bug still there as reported before.

can't move columns past the screen (doesn't auto scroll). this is really bad on a small res. try positioning columns on a 640x480 screen once.

'same as columns in current view' doesn't update when adding/removing a column in the action window. refresh doesn't update it either. Have to manually switch to something else and then back again.

the tree view column (at the left), will sometimes (more than usual) jump over to the right. Being that there is no more horizontal slider, I can't move it back resulting in not seeing anything in the tree.

'action window / playing now' doesn't update the name field if changed in Media Library.

MC becomes hidden after doing a 'Move / Copy File'

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2003, 03:15:16 am »

[Bug][/u]:
some tabs like playback tabs[default/alternate] in the option menu when clicking OK button: settings are saved for the active[selected] tab only even if you defined the other tabs.
Tamer

delfin8896

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2003, 04:44:50 am »

Hi to all,

The new Media Center now looks great, especially with PixOS and WindowBlinds in combination. But there is one annoying bug in the Handheld Plug-In right now. It wasn't in 9.0.43 and is now in 9.0.47:
If I copy files to my Portable Device (Nex iA) I cannot play it in Media Center.
Also I'm not able to rename, delete or add a tag or the file. This is for all file types (mp3, wma). I think, it isn't a feature...

Have a nice weekend

Delfin

ZRocker

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2003, 05:01:35 am »

Bug:
1. Getting "Deletion error." when attempting to delete files from my CF-card (USB-connected CF-card reader)...Portable Drives v9.0.47 problem (under MC's CD, DVD & Handhelds). Windows Explorer delete works fine...using Win2k w/SP4.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2003, 09:08:13 am »

Open - First Reported: 30.08.2003
Visualization Studio isn't working correct
When inserting a text, I'm not able to change it from default "Artsit - Name" to customized fields using the Studio. Have to edit the mjv-file manually. String Text works fine (via the Studio).

digital:rogue

• Recent member
  • insert generic tagline here.
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2003, 10:11:48 am »

9.1 is really coming together guys! Awesome job. ;D

DUPLICATABLE ISSUES:

• In 'hairstyle' mode, when selecting a TV channel it plays channel 'n/a'. Trying to change channels in the lower menu bar (after it goes to fullscreen mode) switches between the last channel in my tuner list and channel 'n/a', regardless of which channel I had selected. I have to right-click the display and manually select a channel there to reset the tuner. After this, everything functions normally until I try again from hairstyle. This doesn't happen when starting TV in Mega-Me.

• When a music CD is inserted with Audio CD action set to 'play' (while MC is running) by either default action or prompt, it will instead play whatever is selected currently in panes view, replacing the current playlist. If Rip is selected manually, functioning occurs as expected.

• When inserting an Audio CD with Media Center NOT running and selecting the option to 'Play CD using Media Center' in the resulting popup dialog (WinXP), if MC is set 'rip' by deafult in options it will autorip CD instead of playing CD, regardless of setting to ask first. If 'Play' or 'Nothing' are selected it will play the CD normally; however, 'ask first' setting is still ignored, which I am sure is by design as WinXP already handled the query and sent via DDE.

• Some of my VBR mp3's are being shown as 32kbps bitrate and about 7 times the length in time. Not sure if this was from bad encoding (unknown encoder) or MC's decoding. Files play fine, but cause false alarms with CD times when writing CDs, requiring manual length calculation. That *cough* *other* *cough* media player doesn't seem to freak out on the files that way.

Media Center Registered 9.1.242 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2519 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 272 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

[30 Aug 2003, rev.01]
.-=digital.rogue=-.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2003, 02:39:09 pm »

Thanks for the tip I have access to another one so maybe I'll swap it and see what happens. Was your issue with ASIO or other output? MC only or other apps?

It was happening to me regardless of whether I was using ASIO or not and it was happening in other apps (including games).  Also keep in mind that the Revo is more CPU-dependant than a Soundblaster so if you're taxing your CPU really hard, expect interesting things (such as slowdowns).  

When this is happening in MC, check your CPU cycles and see if anything is spiking.

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2003, 05:08:51 pm »

When I insert DVD to watch movie, MC starts to play "playing now" list.

Option and situation: MC is not associated to audio CD.  WinXP default action for DVD is do nothing.  MC was on when I insert DVD.  I just stopped MC's play back to watch DVD.  Insert DVD, then MC start play of "play back".

Please stop this behavior.  Don't check CD/DVD if I didn't associate MC to Audio CD, please.

IG88

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2003, 10:34:37 am »

BUG:

When we are in playing now and we pass in windowed mode, if we close the window, the button in the taskbar don't be disable even if we close the maximed view in the systray, the button "Media center display" is already here

scarnie

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2003, 12:46:58 pm »

BUG: Forward / Back buttons not working as expected

When viewing the Artist Info web browser view, and (as an example) I select an album to view track listing, and then hit the back, it goes to a banner ad.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2003, 03:06:43 pm »

When MC is maximized, clicking on any of the corners selects the window behind it.  The rounded corners need to be squared when the window is maximized.

And clicking on the top right corner should close the window.

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2003, 10:51:38 pm »

Just a small note, the button for minimizing and restoring the "action pane/window" should have the little arrow flip when it is in its minimized state.  Not a big deal.  I like the look of the new window, however, it does seem to take up more space on the screen.

kiwi

ugilt

• Junior Woodchuck
  • a picture says more than a thousand words...
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2003, 11:31:42 pm »

BUG: Install - select "Run Installed program now"  Doesn't work - again

BUG: Drag'n'drop within the media library doesn't work.
Go to Media library -> Audio -> Hard Disk Location
Select one Album (direcotory) drag it to a sub folder and drop it. It will generate two popup's:

"Error setting some file properties: Location (root)" and
"This operation can not be completed because the desired action is ambiguous or not possible"

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2003, 05:18:57 am »

Sorry if this has been reported:

If you rename a playlist the tree window scrolls with the writing to the end. But then there are no scroll bars to scroll back to the left once you press enter. The only way to be able to see the tree properly again is to resize the whole tree window until it's all visible and then shrink it back again.

Also, why can't we duplicate playlists and smartlists. That would be really useful when we only want to change one property in a smartlist.

:)
Bri

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2003, 06:01:23 am »

The Back Button doesn't work.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a change in design.

In 9.1, you can no longer go back to a view (such as a list of songs by an artist) within a view scheme.  For example:
I look at a Playlist;
I look at songs by Ben Folds;
I look at songs by Lenny Kravitz;
When I click on the Back arrow, I go back to the Playlist, and not to Ben Folds as I would expect.

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2003, 07:25:23 am »

I have had problems with the vertical scroll bar disapearing when viewing thumbnails of images.

In addition, it would be great to be able to have image and video options for field information in the action window.

Thanks,
kiwi

Listening to: 'Piledriver (Grayed Out Summer Mix)' from 'Perfecto Presents Another World (Disc 1)' by 'Amoebaassassin' on Media Center 9.1

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2003, 08:39:46 am »

CD – burning problems:

On a SCSI Pc: The Burner is gone since version x.88. I posted this bug several times but there was no reaction to it at all. This is an good old buddy from the previous version 8. The problem is, this PC has two SCSI controller one is for the internal, the 2nd one for the external SCSI bus. The burner is tied into the external one.

Another PC (non SCSI) has an ACER (BENQ) 48-16 hooked up and causes all kind of problems:
1.      CD’s created with MJ on this machine will play on an ordinary player but not on an PC. It looks like always the first 2 block from the media file are corrupted. After skipping those blocks, the file will play.
2.      Erasing an CDRW causes ether MJ to crash or the burner will hang.

I used several software to test the CD writing hardware, but none indicated any error.

Media Center Registered 9.1.242 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 849 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 129 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: No /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Udo

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2003, 01:01:52 pm »

GUI problem.

MC9.1 is not resizeable if mouse cursor is around "File Edit View Player Tools Help" menu area.  Especially, it is impossible to resize MC9.1 to left-above direction.

thtv01

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2003, 07:53:49 pm »

Has anyone had problems when you use the 'analyze audio' feature in .242?

I attempted to analyze my library this weekend and it went thru about 400 files and then started taking errors.  At first I thought that it might be taking errors because some of my files were Audible files (.aa) rather than MP3's.  So I then tried to analyze just the MP3's but it still takes an error and stops.  I believe the message says something like "The last several files have caused errors.  Processing has been halted." then it stops.  

Has anyone else seen this problem?  And is it okay to use this feature with '.aa' files or is it MP3's only?

I should mention that this is obviously the first time I've used this feature.  So I don't know if I would have had this problem in previous versions.

jleerigby

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2003, 10:56:17 pm »

The Back Button doesn't work.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a change in design.

In 9.1, you can no longer go back to a view (such as a list of songs by an artist) within a view scheme.  For example:
I look at a Playlist;
I look at songs by Ben Folds;
I look at songs by Lenny Kravitz;
When I click on the Back arrow, I go back to the Playlist, and not to Ben Folds as I would expect.

I don't believe this is a bug.  I presume that you are using the panes to navigate your way to these artists within one view scheme.  If you use the back button it will take you back to each location you were at (view scheme, playlist, playing now etc) not to different filters within a pane.  However, MC will remember the state of the panes when you leave a view scheme so that 'back' will take you back to it with the panes in the same state.  So what you say is happening is what I would expect.

If you don't agree or want to discuss we'd better start a new thread.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2003, 05:27:08 am »

Installed last night and the biggest thing that I'm noticing is the visualizations "hick-up" every two seconds. Doesn't matter what skin I use or what my display settings are, it happens.

Also, I noticed that the tagging comment field issue that I had before appears to be gone. The only problem I see now is when I edit a comment for one track on a CD, then rip that CD, every track has that comment in it where it should only be the track that I added it to.

So far, so good. Will look deeper into MC9 and see what else I can find. Getting closer and closer to me buying the upgrade! ;)

SteveG

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2003, 07:21:21 am »

Juergen,

For iPod issues, try posting to...

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1061244490

In repsonse to your issue, if you want to apply Replay Gain to your iPod, select "Set Upload File Adjustment" when you right click and then check "Apply Replay Gain".

Steve

msc3

• Recent member
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2003, 07:47:48 am »

Has anyone had problems when you use the 'analyze audio' feature in .242?

I attempted to analyze my library this weekend and it went thru about 400 files and then started taking errors.  At first I thought that it might be taking errors because some of my files were Audible files (.aa) rather than MP3's.  So I then tried to analyze just the MP3's but it still takes an error and stops.  I believe the message says something like "The last several files have caused errors.  Processing has been halted." then it stops.  

Has anyone else seen this problem?  And is it okay to use this feature with '.aa' files or is it MP3's only?

I should mention that this is obviously the first time I've used this feature.  So I don't know if I would have had this problem in previous versions.

Yes, I have experienced this problem as well on mp3 files as that is all that I have. It has been happening to me on 9.1 for a while.
Maynard
(This space for rent)

SteveG

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2003, 08:31:13 am »

delfin8896 and ZRocker,

Your issues are fixed in the next build.

Thanks,
Steve
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up