INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't leave Theater Mode while music is playing [Solved]  (Read 3225 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Can't leave Theater Mode while music is playing [Solved]
« on: December 11, 2015, 09:45:55 am »

I wonder if anyone else has this issue, or if anyone has a suggestion... When I am playing music and try to leave Theater Mode by either double escaping, or select it from the exit menu, nothing happens. Music keeps on playing, but I am now stuck on the exit Theater Mode menu screen with the three choices, but even though I can arrow up and down in the menu, nothing I select works. The only way to get out is to ALT-F4. That drops me out of Theater Mode back to Standard, but immediately the music stutters badly and MC crashes. If in Theater Mode and I stop the music, I can exit Theater Mode fine, just not when music is playing.

Ideas?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't leave Theater Mode while music is playing
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 09:57:15 am »

Try Alt Tab.  Maybe there is an error window hidden.

Anything unusual about your video or desktop setup?

Are you playing on a client from a server?

Are you using a default skin?

Once you select a choice are you hitting Enter?

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 11:16:46 am »

No hidden error window.

----- Wow, you're good! 

Basic troubleshooting 101.  What is unusual about my setup? Nothing really, except I use Gforce Visualizations. They are not showing during Theater Mode of course.
I have no idea what is happening. But it is very repeatable.
Start a song in Standard Mode with GForce showing above Now Playing. Enter Theater Mode. You can't leave.
Start a song in Standard Mode with Cover Art showing above Now Playing. Enter Theater Mode. You can go back and forth to Standard and Theater Modes no problem.
I have noticed the Spectrum Visualizations, GForce and Aeon are the ones I use, have become far less responsive in the last months. I have the sound scale up way high now and sometimes you can't really see any movement related to the beat of the music. It seems to be after the upgrade to Windows 10. The upgrade forced a relicense and install of MC AND all the Spectrum Visualizations. After that they seemed far less responsive, I wonder if there is any correlation?

Don

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 11:51:21 am »

Can you try without GForce and any other video features you can eliminate?

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 12:17:16 pm »

It works now. I just can't run a GForce or Aeon Visualization and go into Theater Mode expecting to get back out cleanly.
Not sure if it is the Spectrum folks or MC faulting here, but I can work around it now.

Thanks
Don

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 12:25:30 pm »

It could be related to your video driver.  You could try updating.

Theater View uses 3D drawing.

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Can't leave Theater Mode while music is playing [Solved]
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 09:37:33 am »

A fresh new NVidia driver for the GT630 didn't solve it.
A new version of Windows 10 installed itself this am, but sadly that didn't fix it either.
Coincidentally my Gforce type licenses expire in two days. Makes it harder to reup if it has problems.

But I can get around the crash by making sure I shows covers before I enter theater mode.

Sure there are times I will be in TM and music is playing and I want to get out and can't. (If I start music using menus in TM, or, start music via Gizmo while MC is in TM, the problem is the same, I can't exit TM.)  I guess it is a big deal :)

Yes solved, if Soundspectrum Visualizers are disabled.

Don

Tiberius675

• Recent member
Re: Can't leave Theater Mode while music is playing [Solved]
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 06:55:07 pm »

I have had this exact issue for several versions. Can duplicate on multiple PC's with Windows 7, 8 ,81 and 10. I am using AMD video cards. Just about the time of your last post I finally pinned it down to the Soundspectrum visualizations. I opened a ticket with Soundspectrum but they never followed through. I think I will try again now that I have confirmation it's not just me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up