INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cd ripping issue - database values incorrect, but filename and path OK  (Read 2696 times)

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen

Hi,

21.0.26 on Win 7 x64

Experienced an issue today when ripping two new CDs.
  • PC had just been powered on
  • JRiver just started
  • CD inserted, track lookup successful
  • Started rip

File path and file name were correct (eg X:\Music\FLAC\Conrad Sewell\All I Know\02 - Who You Lovin.flac)

All tracks from this CD and the subsequent one had the database entries as follows
  • [Name] = Track 1
  • [Artist] =  Unknown
  • [Album] = Unknown

So it appears that JRiver successfully retrieved the track info, but didn't apply it to its database when ripping

Unfortunately I updated the tag info in JRiver before looking at what was written to the tags in the file

Logfile is too big to attach

regards,

Steve

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Cd ripping issue - database values incorrect, but filename and path OK
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 09:16:53 pm »

I think you just stumbled over a bug that's in build 26.  We'll get a fixed build out to the public early next week.  You could roll back a few builds in the meantime.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 01:09:22 pm »

Thanks Matt

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 02:51:22 pm »

which build was okay, i.e. didn't have this bug?

csx31

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 07:06:46 pm »

I have also experienced the same problem as Stevemac when attempting to rip a CD today, after updating to 21.0.26.  I did not have this issue when using 21.0.24.  How do you return to a previous version?  Or, is it better to just wait until the next update becomes available, with this issue corrected?  Thank you, Al

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 07:48:24 pm »

How do you return to a previous version? 

Just install the previous version over the top of the existing version.

If you have Automatic Update turned on, turn it off first and then go to Help/Update Channels/Open Download Folder... and run the MC21.0.24 executable again, or whichever version of MC21 you want to install.

If you manually downloaded and installed the update, then you may still have the executable I would guess, or they can be found by searching this MC21 forum for "Windows -- Available here".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

csx31

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 08:40:04 pm »

Thank you for your reply, and for the instructions on how to roll back to version 21.0.24.  CD ripping is now fine.  Al
Pages: [1]   Go Up