INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.27 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 10373 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.27 for Windows -- Available here
« on: December 14, 2015, 07:05:23 am »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210027.exe

21.0.27 (12/11/2015)

1. Changed: Made a change to the tagging window to prevent editing tags when no files are selected.
2. Fixed: Rotten Tomatoes wouldn't look up movies like Amélie correctly because of the accent.  Trying to just remove the accents before the search.
3. Fixed: Opening the ASIO line in with the channel count set to more than 32 would crash.  Now it fails gracefully.
4. Fixed: When loading XMLTV EPG data, "Series" field could inherit a value from an old program in the same time slot if the new program was not a series.
5. Changed: When loading XMLTV EPG data, all relevant fields are updated, instead of only updating those that are not empty.  This prevents wrong data from being retained.
6. Fixed: MCWS would send an unexpected server error response after the normal response when receiving HTTP POST requests with Keep-Alive.
7. Changed: Added a timeout to stopping auto-import threads to fix a possible hang.
8. Changed: Adjusted television channel logo display in Guide so that the logos keep their aspect ratio.  Also increased the border width around the logos so they do not appear touching each other.
9. Fixed: Audio tracks without a language tag would erroneously show as "Abkhazian" in the Display View OSD.
10. NEW: Added an option in television properties "Hide channel names in Theater View guide when channel logos are available".
11. Fixed: In Rename, Move & Copy dialog, columns couldn't be resized to show the entire filenames if they were very long.
12. Fixed: The multi-match CD dialog didn't scale nicely for high DPI.
13. Fixed: Television subscription could schedule recordings on channels that were non-top grouped channels, resulting in multiple recordings of the same program, if programs had been created for these channels prior to the channels being grouped.
14. Fixed: The CD information could change as a track was ripping.

21.0.26 (12/8/2015)

1. Changed: Coverart tools are available for "TV" media types (TV channels and programs).
2. NEW: Television channel logo support in Theater View guide grid.
3. Fixed: In "Mini View" mode on Windows 10 with Noire skin, the minimize button was partly overlaying the player window.
4. Fixed: When resampling, the source format listed in DSP Studio wouldn't get updated properly when switching tracks.
5. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Fixed: ASIO Live would crash if you picked more than two channels.
7. Changed: Enabled DoP bitstreaming for DSD256.
8. Changed: Database key value for a television channel is displayed in Details box on Manage Channels dialog window.
9. Changed: Television channel logo, if available, of the first selected channel, is displayed on Manage Channels dialog window.
10. Fixed: The keyboard shortcut to change the audio stream during DVD playback was not working (Ctrl+Shift+L).
11. NEW: Added "Channel logo" menu when right-clicking on a single channel on Manage Channels dialog window.  The menu is the same as the Cover Art menu elsewhere.
12. Changed: Manage Channels dialog window is now resizable.  It was tweaked so it will fit within monitor screen better with magnified screen sizes (such as 125% and 150%).
13. Fixed: When setting the playback range back to an empty value the duration wouldn't update to the whole file (now it updates the library from tags on that change).
14. Fixed: When loading XMLTV EPG data, re-run flag was not saved when its value was false.  This caused previously saved bogus "true" value not to be corrected.

21.0.25 (12/01/2015)

1. Fixed: When switching tabs, the delete command would still route to the previous tab in some cases.
2. Fixed: Fixed problems in the CD Labeler program where dialogs with checkboxes, scrollbars, and other elements were not displaying properly.  Skinning was removed from CD Labeler and will return when MFC is removed from it.
3. Fixed: When TV time-shifting reader filter performed seeking, it could try to wait for more data to be buffered than the buffering reader was set to buffer, resulting in unnecessarily long wait.
4. NEW: In Theater View television guide grid, a green triangle is added in front of the program name of a currently playing show.
5. Fixed: GIF images ended up with a JPG extension when getting artist images.

21.0.24 (11/24/2015)

1. Changed: When loading on-line EPG data, MC will create programs for all channels that match a given xmltv ID, instead of just creating them for the first found matching channel.
2. Optimized: The amount of time required for performing "filling in gaps with dummy EPG program info" (feature introduced in build 21) is significantly reduced.
3. Fixed: If in-place editing was used to change the filename field to an invalid value (like blank, or a name without a path), MC would not report an error and the data for that file could be lost.
4. Fixed: The 'Delete' accelerator would translate in fullscreen and want to delete the files that were behind the playing view.
5. Changed: Added 'Playlists' as a type to the new Action Window Tag page so that you don't have to use Custom(Playlists) to view playlists.
6. Changed: The rule for a user account is applied when dropping a set of files onto a playlist.
7. Changed: The rule for a user account is applied when double-clicking a file in Explorer.
8. Changed: Updated the copyright date in the Media Editor and CDLabeler.
9. Changed: Made the zones in the Playing Now overview a little wider on high DPI.
10. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
11. Fixed: The filenames when getting artist images for Last.fm would be a series of random numbers instead of jpg.
12. Fixed: Color Coding of Theater View TV guide grid only worked for Obsidian skin.
13. Changed: Increased opacity of colored cells in Theater View guide grid so that they will be easier to see in some skins such as Glass.
14. Changed: The Swap(...) function will nicely handle semi-colon delimited lists and swap each element (before it would stumble).
15. Changed: Made the Unswap(...) function also accept a semi-colon delimited list.
16. Fixed: Clicking a checkbox in DSP Studio would hide the window if the current window was active before clicking the checkbox.

21.0.23 (11/17/2015)

1. Fixed: The search box could be too tall.
2. Fixed: Minimized action windows could disappear instead of minimize.
3. Fixed: Attached drives would show up in Action Window > Camera.

21.0.22 (11/16/2015)

1. Fixed: The publisher listed on the uninstall dialog would be "J. River, Inc." instead of "JRiver, Inc.".
2. Fixed: Double-click in an empty area of the Recording Rules list would crash.
3. Fixed: Further problems with the Noire skin on Windows 7.
4. Fixed: Search Window magnifying glass icon was offset too far to the right on scaled displays.

21.0.21 (11/14/2015)

1. Changed: The splitter in Playing Now is now zone specific so that having two Playing Now views open will allow independent setting of the splitter.
2. Fixed: The skin's close/maximize/restore/minimize buttons were offset to the right in popup windows (off the edge of the window).
3. NEW: MC will create dummy programs to fill in gaps in the programming guide data.  Now all active channels will show up in Theater view even if they have no EPG data.
4. Changed: More cancel checking in DLNA threads to hopefully prevent hangs, crashes from hard killed threads.

21.0.20 (11/13/2015)

1. Fixed: The Library/GetStats function in MCWS was returning an error code (even though the results were there).
2. Changed: Program IDs and Series IDs (if available) are saved in new fields "Program ID" and "Series ID" when importing EPG guide data.
3. Fixed: In recent builds newly recorded television sports shows did not show up under Video / Shows / Recent in Theater view, instead they appeared in Video / Other / Recent.
4. Changed: Consolidated and renamed video conversion profile listings (they are now consistently named in all areas where they are used).
5. Changed: Adjusted the way searches are handled to improve the results.
6. Fixed: Searching for users in a smartlist wasn't working.
7. NEW: Option to use the DVD episode order when doing manual Get Movie & TV Info lookup for TV Shows.
8. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Fixed: When using PercData as EPG source, all programs scheduled for midnight UTC time were missing.
10. Fixed: DSP Studio > Output Format wouldn't save the sample rates properly when running with a translation.
11. NEW: Theater view television guide grid is color-coded according to show categories.  The following types are colored: Movies (of all genres), Educational, Children, Sports, News.
12. Changed: Made the minimum size of DSP Studio a little smaller.
13. Changed: The Action Window timer for starting an import only runs if the frame is visible (so minimizing the program will yield the run).
14. Fixed: Thumbnail lists could have a wrong size for the ideal aspect ratio.
15. Changed: Toned down the speed and number of blinks of the Action Window so it now blinks twice and stops.
16. Changed: When entering Theater view television guide, MC always selects the currently playing program (if any).
17. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
18. NEW: Television guide grid in Theater view is updated every half hour.
19. NEW: Added an MCC command MCC_SET_ZONE_VISIBLE (22033) to show the current zone in standard view.
20. Fixed: DLNA code was crashing when a problem device on the network was causing our Accept call to hang, it wasn't getting canceled so thread was hard killed leading to crashes.
21. Fixed: There was a memory leak in the socket code (all platforms).
22. Changed: Socket error messages in the log are now readable strings (windows) and implemented the error codes (linux, mac).

21.0.19 (10/30/2015)

1. Changed: When TV tuner failure occurs MC will not show a popup since an OSD message is already displayed.  A popup could interfere with attempt to restart the playback.
2. Changed: Holding Ctrl while clicking pane tag checkboxes will enter "list" mode so that you can select multiple genres, etc.
3. Changed: Added "is not" operator for editing TV recording rules involving "Name", "Series", and "Description".
4. Changed: "Modify Rules" is renamed "Edit Rules" on TV subscription wizard page.
5. Fixed: Edit controls in read-only mode allowed backspace to delete characters.
6. Changed: Added text instruction on TV recording rules editing window, regarding AND and OR operations on rules.
7. NEW: Editing a checkbox type field in the new Tag Action Window will show a checkbox instead of a dropbox.
8. Changed: Editing a checkbox type field in Pane tagging is now possible.
9. Changed: Opening the new Tag Action Window with shift held will then always open the new tag window after that (just press shift again to switch back).
10. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
11. Fixed: Flickering screen on the edges when playing video on certain computers in Red October Standard, in build 18.
12. Changed: Improved duplication avoidance when dealing with subscription television recording rules with "all channels" option.
13. Fixed: WebGizmo did not work in recent builds.
14. Fixed: Video transcoding profiles which used MP2 or MP3 audio did not function properly.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 21.0.27 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:06:01 am »

Just a little note that pressing delete during an image slideshow isn't working in this build.  We're working on it.

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 04:56:50 am »

Still consistently crashing on startup after 1-2 minutes. Running W7 Home 64bit.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 05:06:40 am »

Still consistently crashing on startup after 1-2 minutes. Running W7 Home 64bit.
Please use this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101931.0

robydago

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 08:02:58 am »

0.27 kept crashing trying to import some flac files (same files that were not crashing MC up to 0.24)

I deleted the files and .0.27 is stable now  8)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 08:05:37 am »

0.27 kept crashing trying to import some flac files (same files that were not crashing MC up to 0.24)

I deleted the files and .0.27 is stable now  8)

Could you make one of the files available to me for testing?

I'm matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.

robydago

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 01:30:21 pm »

Could you make one of the files available to me for testing?
I'm matt at jriver dot com.
Matt,
actually is a huge ape file.
You have mail.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 02:06:37 pm »

Matt,
actually is a huge ape file.
You have mail.

Thanks.

Unfortunately my MC is importing and playing that file no problem.  It's 1:05:52.

Is there something tricky I need to do to get it to crash?

robydago

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 03:42:15 pm »

Matt,
ok I tried and I can play it and import it by drag and drop.
It's weird, but once you do that, auto-import won't crash anymore, even if you remove the file from the library and auto-import it again.

I tried again, with a different file I didn't play or import by drag and drop: MC still crashes during auto import.

You have mail with another (smaller) file you can use: don't do anything with it in MC, just copy it in a folder where your auto import will pick it and see what happens when you trigger auto import.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 12:04:10 am »

TVGuide Bug -

Where there are "Program data not available" entries in the EPG, then the guide data is imported, the "Program data not available" are still visible.

For instance -

"Program data not available" are every hour.
If imported actual EPG has program starting at 12:30, then at 1:30, the "Program Data not available" still shows at 1:00.

I know there is always the "Clear guide data" option, but I think if you're replacing a "default" option with a "deliberate" option, the deliberate one should override the default one.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 07:52:49 am »

Matt,
ok I tried and I can play it and import it by drag and drop.
It's weird, but once you do that, auto-import won't crash anymore, even if you remove the file from the library and auto-import it again.

I tried again, with a different file I didn't play or import by drag and drop: MC still crashes during auto import.

You have mail with another (smaller) file you can use: don't do anything with it in MC, just copy it in a folder where your auto import will pick it and see what happens when you trigger auto import.

I tried your second file by putting it in a folder and letting MC pick it up on auto-import.  It imported just fine.

That file isn't playable (there's something wrong with it) but it certainly doesn't crash.  It wasn't playing because there was a goofy playback range.  Clearing that cleared it up.

Note that clearing the playback range made us stumble over a bug that might be in the release version where that will crash.  It will be fixed next build.

Ideas?

robydago

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 08:27:45 am »

Note that clearing the playback range made us stumble over a bug that might be in the release version where that will crash.  It will be fixed next build.

Ideas?

Only one: let's wait for the next build before doing any more test :)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 12:20:27 pm »

TVGuide Bug -

Where there are "Program data not available" entries in the EPG, then the guide data is imported, the "Program data not available" are still visible.

For instance -

"Program data not available" are every hour.
If imported actual EPG has program starting at 12:30, then at 1:30, the "Program Data not available" still shows at 1:00.

I know there is always the "Clear guide data" option, but I think if you're replacing a "default" option with a "deliberate" option, the deliberate one should override the default one.

Is the 12:30 show a one hour show?  I assume it is.  If it is, then there is a bug.  We do actually delete old programs that overlap the new ones.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 12:33:14 pm »

21.0.27 (12/11/2015)
1. Changed: Made a change to the tagging window to prevent editing tags when no files are selected.

Why was this change made? Can this change be undone or made a user configurable option?

Before this change, I was able to select files using the categories in the top pane and the files selected in the bottom window would show in the Tag window without me having to also select the resulting file list.

Now when I select files using the categories in the top pane, the Tag window isn't populated. I have to select the files in the bottom pane before the tag window is populated.

It seems to me that selecting files using the top panes should also select the matching files in the window below and populate the Tag window.

The change cost me several mouse clicks every time I update tags.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 06:41:40 pm »

Is the 12:30 show a one hour show?  I assume it is.  If it is, then there is a bug.  We do actually delete old programs that overlap the new ones.

Yes. first program (for example) at 12:30, 1hr show. Next show at 1:30. The default entry still appears at 1:00pm.

Al ex

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 01:15:37 am »

After update to .27, also having the problem that .27 is always crashing after appr. 1-2 minutes -no matter, if playing files, or not.
Stopped auto import, but same problem.
As I am quite busy at the moment, just rolled back to .23 - all is working fine now.

Just wanted to let you know, there are several people with the crashing issue on .27...
Pages: [1]   Go Up