INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading In Place  (Read 2828 times)

Splungeworthy

• Recent member
Upgrading In Place
« on: December 14, 2015, 07:29:48 am »

I have been trying out MC21 and I would like to buy it.  Is it possible to upgrade my already existing trial copy (that already has several playlists, lots of custom zones, ect.), or do I have to download a new version and then use the library back up to get everything back?  I'm upgrading from 17 and would like to take advantage of the 5DAZE discount that expires tomorrow. Using Windows 8.1 Pro.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Upgrading In Place
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:45:54 am »

of course...just buy it. the trial is full featured.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99969.msg692675#msg692675
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Splungeworthy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 07:52:47 am »

How do I buy the trial version I've already configured? The normal upgrade route wants to install a new copy of 21.

~OHM~

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 07:56:14 am »

oops try this

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98668.0

Isn't there a buy button under help (at the top of MC) it's been so long for me I Can't remember...if not be patient someone will be along to help ya out!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

~OHM~

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 08:09:41 am »

if it wants to install a newer version you can use a back up to restore your settings and play lists....make a backup yourself and move it to your desktop. do not uninstall MC21 and be sure you also have the most recent build  21.0.27 installed before doing anything.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 10:30:50 am »

How do I buy the trial version I've already configured? The normal upgrade route wants to install a new copy of 21.
You must have MC21 installed.  Older versions can't be purchased.

Splungeworthy

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 01:47:25 pm »

Using the help drop down took me to a purchase page, put in my info (including 5DAZE coupon), and installed the new license without having to download a new copy of 21. Just to be clear, I had a trial version of 21 (.23) already installed and configured the way I wanted, just didn't want to start over from scratch. It's not letting me update to .27, I'm assuming that will come eventually? Thanks for all your help. This is one of the best audiophile deals going!

Splungeworthy

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 03:01:27 pm »

NVM-Updated all's good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up