INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Cover Art on Devices  (Read 1885 times)

jmacey

• Recent member
No Cover Art on Devices
« on: December 15, 2015, 10:17:35 am »

My library are all FLAC and I rip disks outside of MC with Media Monkey, manually add a cover.jpg and folder.jpg file for cover art and when I import everything (folder containing FLAC files and cover art files), they show up fine with all cover art in MC.

However, when I try to add a playlist of songs to my phone, and I ensure that "Cover Art: Add to tags" is selected and "Save cover art to folder.jpg" is selected, I still don't get any cover art on my phone.  I am also converting from FLAC to 320kBps mp3 when transferring to my phone

How can I get all the cover art which shows up fine in my FLAC library, to show up with the mp3's which get synced to my phone?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No Cover Art on Devices
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 10:21:23 am »

... when I try to add a playlist of songs to my phone, and I ensure that "Cover Art: Add to tags" is selected and "Save cover art to folder.jpg" is selected, I still don't get any cover art on my phone. 
Why are you saving to folder.jpg?  That's not normally supported on phones.

jmacey

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 11:30:08 am »

Because I am trying to get cover art to show up on my phone and trying every single suggestion offered so far. Rather than responding to a question with just another question, if you have a suggested solution that would be wonderful

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 11:55:25 am »

So the relevant questions seem to be:

1.  What is your phone's player expecting for cover art?  I.E., does it want to see embedded cover art, or art in a file in the same directory with a specific name?  Getting one or more examples to work for just a file or two would help you to determine what the phone's player wants.  If this is an Android phone there are many players available that may have different needs or capabilities when it comes to cover art.  It might be worth trying a few other players.

2.  Once you know what the phone wants, does MC do what you are telling it to?  I.E., when you tell it to "add to tags" is it embedding the art?  You can check this with an external program on your computer if necessary.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up