INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resizing of Windows - Can't see the next button on TV setup  (Read 3405 times)

newguy1

• Recent member
Resizing of Windows - Can't see the next button on TV setup
« on: December 16, 2015, 11:14:07 am »

Hi There,

I have the TV setup guide on my 1080p display and I CAN'T resize or move the setup box so that I can click the NEXT button.

I'm wondering why JRiver doesn't conform with standard Windows resizing of boxes?  It doesn't let me use the windows key + arrow keys to resize or snap the application, and I find this very strange.

Is there a reason why this happens?  Why so restrictive?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Resizing of Windows - Can't see the next button on TV setup
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 12:42:22 pm »

Are you using default font size? or some large font?

Did you set scaling in anyway (e.g inside MC, or on Windows display settings)?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

newguy1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 12:46:43 pm »

No scaling applied in Windows that I know of.  I just installed Windows 10 along with the trial version of 21 after the fresh windows upgrade as v.20 said it was installed on a prior version of Windows and needed to be reinstalled.

My library was brought over, so if there was a JRiver setting that I could change perhaps that was inherited as well...

EDIT:  But my original question still piques my curiosity....why can't JRiver resize?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 01:44:10 pm »

A lot of our windows do resize.  Wizard windows and a few other dialog windows do not resize.

I am not seeing any such issues with TV setup wizard windows.  Can you post a screenshot?  In TV setup windows, there should be no problem unless you use a particularly large font.

newguy1

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 01:58:44 pm »

Hopefully attached...

Also curious about why JRiver doesn't snap with the Windows key button, would that be difficult to implement?  I do use that feature regularly and it is one of the few things that I wish JRiver would do.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 06:02:09 pm »

what is your Windows screen resolution and scaling?  Can you double-check?

Aimhere

• Junior Woodchuck
  • These are not the droids you're looking for.
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 06:13:18 pm »

I'm going to resurrect this thread, because I've seen the same thing happen, even with the latest release.

I can confirm that the problem is Windows 10's display scaling. On my brand-new PC, the Windows setting for scaling (Settings/System/Display, "Change the size of text, apps, and other items") was set to 150%. This was on a Lenovo IdeaCentre, I don't know how other manufacturers might set it.

Now, 150% makes things much easier to read on a TV from across the room, but it definitely wreaks havoc with some apps' dialogs... in this case, the MC TV Setup dialog definitely gets cut off at the bottom. The only way to get at the Back/Next/Cancel buttons is to set the Windows Taskbar to auto-hide.

Having said that Windows is the problem, though: it doesn't help that TV Setup has a God-awful amount of empty space between the lowermost actual item in the dialog and the bottom of the window. Seriously, half the window is blank space! Yes, different stages of the wizard show more or less information in the window, but none of them use ALL of that space. If you folks at JR could remove all that blank area, you could shrink the window so it would fit on the screen no matter what the scaling was set to...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 06:18:54 pm »

Make sure you have the latest build installed.

Try the size option under the View menu.  Try decreasing the font size in MC (under Tree & View/Fonts)'
Pages: [1]   Go Up