INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuck on one note  (Read 2838 times)

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
Stuck on one note
« on: December 22, 2015, 07:46:12 pm »

Today playing the same system that was having music dropouts of up to 2 seconds on the same exact system with both AVG and Malwarebytes fully turned off, I haven't had a single dropout in 2 hours of play. But on one of the same discs that was having dropouts yesterday, I now have a new and more serious problem. It is stuck on a single note (harpsichord in case anyone is interested) and repeating it endlessly. Neither JRemote nor JRiver can pause or stop the disc. I tried restarting both and they still couldn't stop it, but I noticed that they could no longer see the Bel Canto REFStream renderer. After letting this note repeat (at reduced volume) I restarted the renderer and it was now seen by MC20 and we are playing music again. Any ideas what might cause this and how I might prevent it?  ? :(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Stuck on one note
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 12:14:29 am »

Today playing the same system that was having music dropouts of up to 2 seconds on the same exact system with both AVG and Malwarebytes fully turned off, I haven't had a single dropout in 2 hours of play.
"Turned off" may not be enough.  Uninstall any AV to rule them out as the cause.

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 09:59:32 pm »

The system installed flawlessly at the client's home today and has been playing for hours with no problems. If any start up, I will uninstall AVG and Malwarebytes.

Are you saying that computers used as servers should have no anti-virus and no anti-malware software on them? Since these computers have to search the web for metadata and cover art, would they not be left vulnerable?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 01:30:19 am »

I'm not advising against using antivirus software, but it has to work.  It should not be analyzing every media file every time it opens and it shouldn't analyze JRiver's database files. 

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 03:51:00 am »

Jim, do you know which brands of anti-virus and anti-malware analyze media files/JR database files and which brands don't? Or how I can find that out?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 05:55:57 am »

You could try searching here or on the Internet.   

This  might get you started:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99957.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up