INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing features?  (Read 1214 times)

deandob

• Recent member
Missing features?
« on: December 23, 2015, 04:03:41 am »

Hi,

I have watched JRiver over a number of years and like how 'tweakable' it is (eg. audio DSP).

However I haven't purchased yet as it seems to be missing basic functionality that are essential to any serious media player and now that TMT and WMC are depreciated I want to jump to something different like JRiver but I can't get past the following:
1) OTA TV support. I see the TV support is a focus now that WMC is dead. Although recording functionality would be nice, I can settle for real time TV viewing if JRiver supported DVB-T (Australia) and used the OTA EPG stream (without having to resort to stitching together disparate apps to do this)
2) Blu-ray menus. This is a basic feature that JRiver still doesn't support. I watch a lot of Blu-ray TV series and I can't see how anyone can use JRiver for playback as there are so many files to pick. Also it would be a much nicer experience to show the integrated menus with the menu loop, opening slides etc.
4) Blu-ray 3D support. Like menus this should be a basic requirement of a decent media player. I'm sure I'm not alone with a big 3D movie collection and enjoy watching 3D. Not possible with JRiver.

I can see #1 is being worked on, however #2 and #3 seem to be a blind spot for this otherwise excellent program. Or perhaps I'm not reading the features right, or these are future plans? Let me know, thanks.

Regards
Dean

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Missing features?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 04:13:00 am »

Please see the TV board for the state of our Australian TV support.

BD features aren't possible at this time.

deandob

• Recent member
Re: Missing features?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 04:16:22 am »

OK, thanks. I'll purchase an alternative and will check back occasionally to see if BD menus and 3D are implemented in JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up