INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Watch Button Doesn't Work  (Read 3451 times)

FiveStrBass

• Recent member
Watch Button Doesn't Work
« on: December 26, 2015, 12:39:40 am »

For the last month or so, if I press the "Watch" button in order to watch live TV, nothing happens. The EPG is up-to-date and if I record a show, it has no problem playing. It's just live TV that has the problem. Also, if I hit the play arrow button on the top bar, a warning box appears that says "There is nothing to play". I've tried loading a fresh copy of 21.0.23, but there is no change. (I haven't yet tried a complete uninstall/reinstall). Anyone seen this behavior? Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Watch Button Doesn't Work
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 01:03:54 am »

If you have a problem, always try the latest build, available in a thread at the top of the MC21 board.

FiveStrBass

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 12:30:58 pm »

I loaded the latest build, 21.0.30, but still have the same issue. Also, the recordings I do make aren't behaving normally when viewed through DLNA (through Oppo). The fast forward/rewind doesn't work at the screen size is smaller on the sides. Any ideas? Should I do a complete uninstall/reinstall? Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 03:11:05 pm »

By your first post, it appears that you are playing from the Standard View. 

The Play button was never hooked up with TV playback.  You have to use the Watch button. 

Did you have trouble using the Watch button on all channels?

Does right-click > Watch work?  How about double-clicking on a program?  double-clicking on a channel?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

FiveStrBass

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 08:17:50 am »

Pressing Watch button, double-clicking on program, or right clicking and selecting Watch all do the same thing... which is nothing.

FiveStrBass

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 05:11:18 pm »

I finally got around to re-addressing the issue above, but am still having no luck. I did a complete uninstall of 21.0.30 (but not the library) and a fresh install of 21.0.50.

I'm still seeing the above issue (unable to watch Live TV). Recording TV and playing it back works fine. Just no Live TV. 

The other issue I started experiencing at the same time as this was that I was no longer able to control DLNA playback from my Oppo-103, meaning I cannot no longer get it to do fast-forwarding or rewinding as I was able to do previously.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 05:27:07 pm »

For the last month or so, if I press the "Watch" button in order to watch live TV, nothing happens.
Did anything change a month ago?

FiveStrBass

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 11:13:27 pm »

No, this situation has existed for the last four or five months. I wish I could nail it down to exactly when.
Pages: [1]   Go Up