INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning Playlist to multiple CD-R's?  (Read 970 times)

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
Burning Playlist to multiple CD-R's?
« on: February 09, 2003, 04:35:21 pm »

Hi all  ;D:
Finally got around to updating to v394 and have a question regarding burning a CD-R.

Is it possible to burn a large playlist, say 2 hours of music, to multiple CD-R's a la MUSICMATCH's "SmartSplit" option in their burner?

RealOne had this option also, but, due to their policies, I don't use their jukebox anymore. :P

Thanks, dennis

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Burning Playlist to multiple CD-R's?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 03:47:09 am »

No, I'm sorry.  It's a good idea.  We just haven't done it yet.  You could split the list in two.

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Burning Playlist to multiple CD-R's?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 08:13:19 am »

Hi Jim, thanks for the info. Thats the 'workaround' I do now OR I make a 'playlist' file and shoot it over to MS Media PLayer 9 or Musicmatch and do my burn there.

The only difference is that their stuff maintains the playlist whereas MJ makes you delete entires to get the time down to 80 or less minutes for the burn. Media player notifies you which tracks will not fit and unchecks them. But, and this is the main point, the playlist to burn remains intact and once you burn one CD-R you can recheck those that didn't fit and continue on. I'm sure you know all this but I included a brief overview to possibly refresh your memory.

I know you can get around this in MJ via different playlists (for example use the 't' modifier to keep the time within limits among others) but it takes several steps to do. Plus, it would be nice to include a checkbox next to each tract in the burn list so we can get the time within limits BUT ALSO keep the entire list visible in the burn window so we can go back and check off those that didn't fit the first time.

Maybe a quick fix would be to modify the burn window to include this checkbox in lieu of having to delete entries - not sure which way is easier from a programming point of view. Maybe next version???

NOW, of course, MJ is my jukebox of choice! But I hope you seriously consider such and option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up