INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: recording rules not working as expected when "Contains" is used?  (Read 4310 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I have a couple of TV recordings that where automatically made without my knowledge. I assume one of my "recording rules" triggered it but I can't find anything in the recording's "name or description" that matches anything in my recording rules.

Is there a way to see "what event/rule" triggered the recording? Maybe in the logs?

In the latest example, the TV recording made was the movie "Donovan's Reef" (with John Wayne). It recorded on 1/6 at 3:20 pm.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Right now there is no direct way to that.

There is a Recording Rule ID that is saved in each recording, but is not available for users to view since it is marked as "for TV channels only", not for Video Media Type.  I just made a change, so that the field will be available for video type too.  So in a future build, you will be able to figure that out, but still not so directly though.  You have to open tvrecording.xml file in your database folder to search for the Recording Rule.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

No problem. Thanks.

I think my recording rules may had "name contains XYZ" in the parameters rather than "name Is XYZ", so a couple of recordings were made that I was not expecting. I went through all my recording rules and made sure everything is set to "is". If it happens again I'll look into it more deeply.

CountryBumkin

I see where the problem is now.

In one case I used "Contains "NOVA"" which then returns any results which contains those letters N, O, V, and A even if the letters are within a word.

Is this what was intended?

Example:

Results:

Notice how the word "innovations" contains letters "nova".  This also explains the recording "Donovan's Reef".

I think the search engine would be better if the search required User to input a wildcard "*" for any number of letters and "?" for a single letter.

For example, "*nova*" to get "innovations" returned as a positive search result. And using "Nova*" would return results like "novation" but not "innovation". etc.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: recording rules not working as expected when "Contains" is used?
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 06:23:37 pm »

I've had a look at the change put in for this, and made some comments over here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102551.msg711445#msg711445

I would now like to be able to see the "Recording Rule ID" in the Guide data, before a recording is made. That way I could use my custom view of the guide data to easily identify which programs are going to be recorded, and which rules the recording is based on. That will help in refining my rules, where they either miss programs, or plan to record something unexpectedly, and fix the problem before the recording actually happens.

It would be very nice if this was all wrapped up together by making the "Recording Rule ID" visible in the "To Be Recorded" and "Recording Rules" lists, rather than looking up the tvrecording.xml file in my database folder. Perhaps optionally, although may be difficult since those lists aren't fully customisable.

Thanks for considering this Yaobing.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

greynolds

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 07:39:33 pm »

It would be very nice if this was all wrapped up together by making the "Recording Rule ID" visible in the "To Be Recorded" and "Recording Rules" lists, rather than looking up the tvrecording.xml file in my database folder. Perhaps optionally, although may be difficult since those lists aren't fully customisable.
I second that request.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 09:37:24 am »

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

greynolds

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 09:56:30 am »

I third it.
I suspect that your support for the idea bodes well for it actually happening. :D

Oh and while you're at it, is it also possible to add a field that will displays the recording rule name so we can display the name instead of the id?  Especially when used in Theater View, that would be more user friendly.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up