INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updates, Duplicates files and mjr's  (Read 2014 times)

marly421

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Updates, Duplicates files and mjr's
« on: January 12, 2016, 04:57:27 am »

Current issue: as I update music tags, the tag is indeed updated but the problem is: it's creating a brand new file (mp3/wma) with the updated tag. This is creating problems. Yesterday I updated/corrected 36 files but I see everyone of them were dup'd. Today I rechecked and I have 36 newly created music files.  With over 336K music files, dup's pile up quickly. Can this business be stopped?

NOTE:
To this day I guess I don't understand the registration process and the 'mjr' deal. I've read: 'If you use all your restores, please post on the forum. We can reset the count, but this won't be done unless you have run out'. I have a laptop I drag around and 2 desktops unit, one in the bedroom and the other in the frontroom. With the release of Windows 10 my systems have been in bit of a turmoil and I've had to reinstall Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 a number of times. The mjr file appear to add to the reinstall total as I try to get the computer systems OS stabled, I've hit the high count and JRiver will not reinstall anymore. Sorry but can we take a look at this.

Thanks a bunch....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Updates, Duplicates files and mjr's
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 05:54:34 am »

I took a look at your licenses and don't see a problem.  See Restoring a License on our wiki for details.

MC won't create a file on its own.  Is the directory writeable?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Updates, Duplicates files and mjr's
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 06:23:57 am »

As Jim said, JR won't create files Unless you specifically tell it to do so (either using conversion or the Rename, Move, Copy tool)

What might be happening is that you don't really have 2 duped files, but duped library entries.

One way that this could happen is with mapped drives and a bad or outdated import config.

Let's say you map all your audio files to drive z:\ as a network shared drive. But the physical drive is D:\ so you could have both an entry in both filepaths, but really they are the same file. The JRiver library will consider them as two separate files.

Check to see by looking at the filepath field in the tagging window for two dupes. Check to see that you only have the mapped files directory(s) in your autoimport config.

If this is the case it is a simple fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up