INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.240 beta available  (Read 7092 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 9.1.240 beta available
« on: August 26, 2003, 02:06:24 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:    

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

If you're patient and willing to help find the bugs, you can download 9.1 here:      

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91240.exe    (backup your library before installing)  

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI, please use another thread.

History:
1. NEW: Added ShowProgram function to MJAutomation. For more info see MJAutomation doc.
2. Fixed: Advanced CD ripping option to overwrite existing files wasn't working.
3. Fixed: For burning data CD's, the "prefix list order" option didn't work after an "update list order" command.
4. Fixed: The "prefix list order" option wasn't automatically updating the list view when changes were made.
5. Fixed: For burning data CD's, renaming the virtual folders (with F2 for example) didn't "take". The resultant CD had the old names.
6. NEW: Added "Erase CD/DVD" to right click menu in tree when a re-writable cd or dvd is in the drive.
7. NEW: DVD+RW can now be "erased" by MC. It actually just writes an empty session to the beginning of the disk.
8. Fixed: Menu in Metamorphis was using wrong background.

Marko

Re: Media Center 9.1.240 beta available
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 02:47:29 pm »

Bug 1

Using this view scheme......

Custom View scheme.

Name = last 28 days
image = Scheme
behaviour = bottom of tree (populate & use parent unchecked)
Files = [Date Imported]=<=40320

Panes are....
1. Location (root)
2. File Type
3. Artist
4. Album
5. Date
6. Genre
7. Comment
8. Image File

Tagging Mode is not making all possible options available.
It appears to be limiting the the tagging options to only those entries
available if <all> were selected in pane 1.

So, if you select <all> in pane 1, select a few files, enter tagging mode,

There are no "---other values---" made available.

If you select an artist, (using the pane, not the file list), the list correctly  
filters and displays the chosen artists files. Now select a few of those and enter tagging mode.

Now we do have "---other values---", but only the values that have been filtered out of <all>
are shown.

Bug 2

Set the action window to show "file playlists" (not "playlists"), then close/open MC.
Action window displays a single icon with the text "playlists" beside it, and nothing else.
The only way to populate the file playlists window is to go "home" or back, then call up
file playlists again.
Then, it will display the tree groups and all their plusses. opening a group (click on the (+))
expands, but the AW does not. So it's too small to be of any use. So, go backwards, then forwards again,
and, finally, we have the playlist tree populated, expanded, and in an AW tall enough to be usable.

-marko.

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 03:18:36 pm »

1.   Bug... When converting file, the old file is removed from the Library... Can this be fixed to have both files in the Library??  

2.   Properties used to be seperated by type if you are looking at all properties. Now it's one long list.... Can we have an option to have the properties grouped?  

-

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 03:29:42 pm »

Bug

While media library is selected, Action Window does not react when shuffling tracks. If I shuffle right clicking in AW, it works. But if I click the top button, it does not work...

Suggestion:

"Continous", "Shuffle", DSP Studio" buttons could be much bigger. In my opinion, these buttons are quite important, an newbies expects to find them easly. Fortunately, you have plenty space to make them bigger and more relevant...

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 03:34:54 pm »

1) The "Home" button in the action window is still missing.

2) The "close" button in the action window should probably change to "restore" when the action window is minimized.  Currently you have to click the "close" button to bring back the action window- that's very contraintuitive.

3)When using ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  

4) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them  
This is an old bug.      

5) I also liked selective text for tool bar buttons.  

6)Ease of Use Suggestion: Pictures of buttons should be in menues to the left of the corresponding action.

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 03:53:21 pm »

Bug with Playlists in Action Window:

When dragging and dropping from panes on right, the order is wrong. The first song in the pane is always transposed to the bottom of the list. This only seems to happen if the list starts empty (as would be the case is you have just created a list).

Media Center Registered 9.1.240 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 897 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 73 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     CD-RW  CRX700E     Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2003, 04:15:42 pm »

Action windows in Green Eyes and Z skins need a back button.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2003, 04:24:30 pm »

Burn CD in Action Window does not show tracks.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2003, 04:40:58 pm »

When there is no image the action window could display the alpha blended MC logo.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2003, 04:51:52 pm »

When there is no image the action window could display the alpha blended MC logo.

Be careful using MC logo. In some situations, it can seem a big "Play" button (and "Pause", Fwd", ...). I have seen a couple of newbies clicking it and expecting something.

Shelly

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2003, 05:24:07 pm »

There are still major problems with DVD playback, which have been discussed in seperate threads.  

gkerber

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2003, 06:27:56 pm »

BUG - leftover menus.  Sometimes I'll right click something, make a selection in the popup menu and although the action is carried out, the right click menu remains on the screen and I must click somewhere else before it goes away.

For example - I have Properties shown in the docked Action Window.  I right click in the window and get the popup menu where I can select "Show as Window" which I select.

The Action Window does to to a undocked window, but the right click popup menu remains on my screen and I must click somewhere else to make it go away.

This happens all over MC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2003, 07:33:28 pm »

Action windows in Green Eyes and Z skins need a back button.

We have not converted all skins because the design hasn't been fixed.  It may get done this next week.  For now, please use PixOS or one of the skins that Knickelfarz and others have been keeping up to date.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2003, 07:51:49 pm »

Another Action Window redraw bug:
1) Change a smartlist's rule's
2) Hit F5 to refresh the list
3) You get the following:

http://photos.skeeterland.com/albums/mc91b/RedrawBug.jpg

-John

skeeterfood

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2003, 07:59:50 pm »

BUG:
Adding tags to a READ-ONLY file moves the original file to <FILENAME> (1).ext, then tags a READ-WRITE copy with the original filename.  This is all done without any notification to the user that their files are being duplicated.

-John

skeeterfood

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2003, 08:14:37 pm »

1.   Bug... When converting file, the old file is removed from the Library... Can this be fixed to have both files in the Library??  

If you don't want it to remove the original file from the library, goto Options->Converter Settings in the convert window and uncheck Update Database.  Of couse, you now have to manually import the converted file.

Also, make sure you don't have Send original file to the Recycle Bin checked if you don't want to lose the original.  Why is this the default?

Maybe this would make more sense?

Original File:
( ) Keep
( ) Remove from Media Library
( ) Remove from Media Library and send to Recycle Bin
( ) Remove from Media Libarry and permanently delete from disk

Converted File:
[ ] Import Into Media Library

(Above stolen from Confirm Action dialog when you hit the delete key with a file(s) selected)

jcopr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2003, 08:45:03 pm »

Bug (repeat from 9.1.233, still present):

Digital secure mode doesn't seem to work correctly when ripping CDs. I continually get "Error reading input file" errors. If I reinstall v9.0, digital secure mode works. All other modes work fine.

Is this a known issue? I'm not sure if I'm the only one encountering it. Thanks.

Media Center 9.1.240 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2191 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 733 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

skeeterfood

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2003, 09:03:59 pm »

Another Action Window Drawing Bug:
Select Image for the Action Window with no files selected and you get this:

Luckily Alt-Enter gets you back to something useful...

-John

ugilt

• Junior Woodchuck
  • a picture says more than a thousand words...
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2003, 09:51:33 pm »

BUG: Install - select "Run Installed program now"  Doesn't work

BUG: Drag'n'drop within the media library doesn't work.
Go to Media library -> Audio -> Hard Disk Location
Select one Album (direcotory) drag it to a sub folder and drop it. It will generate two popup's:

"Error setting some file properties: Location (root)" and
"This operation can not be completed because the desired action is ambiguous or not possible"

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2003, 06:21:50 am »

BUG:

Under Tools>Options (General), I have double-click set to go to File Properties.

In build 240 (and perhaps earlier ones), double-clicking on a track from the library opens and closes the action window, but does not bring you to file properties.

-J

gkerber

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2003, 07:48:19 am »

Properties TAB Bug:  The TAB key does not work as expected (Windows standard) in the Properties window, docked or undocked.

Try it.  Select the first field in Properties and then press TAB to advance to the next field, keep pressing TAB to go from field to field, it's not normal or predictable at all.  

The cursor jumps from the start of the field data to the end instead of jumping to the next field.  In docked mode, sometimes it jumps back to the first field, in undocked, I've never seen it jump back to the first field, but it still does not advance to the next field on every TAB key press.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2003, 08:31:44 am »

Burning Music CDs:

(From 239 -- I don't know if it was fixed in 240). The first seven songs went okay, however, song 8 started with 7 seconds of number 7 remaining. This continued until song 18 when everything automatically jumped back to number 14. (I'd be happy to send you the bad disk if you need it.)

I tried three times and finally went to another program to burn my CDs.

Streaming Radio:

It's been reported by others -- I, too, cannot get streaming audio stations most of the time -- I now use Real One when I want to listen to the internet radio -- hardly a satisfactory solution.

On a positive note: you're still the best I know of for the iPod.

Thank you,

John

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2003, 08:58:34 am »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.  A WMA stream from the station works fine.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/08/22  Priority: Medium
    Locate On Disk Not Accurate
    Using Locate > On Disk (Inside Media Center), when the file is located on a shared drive, brings you to the root of My Computer rather than the proper folder.  This is occurring with files located on a Unix Samba share.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/08/22  Priority: Medium
    Opening Not Accurate
    Leaving MC in a folder such as (I:) causes it to reset to My Computer level when restarted.  This is probably related to the recently resolved Favorites issue.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/08/22  Priority: Low
    Deletion Confirmation
    When deleting files via My Computer that aren't imported, MC shouldn't ask whether to remove from library or not.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/08/21  Priority: Low
    Action Window Position
    The Action Window should remain flush to the bottom at all times.  When there isn't enough displayed in the tree, there is a bit of white space beneath the Action Window.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/08/21  Priority: Low
    Resizing/Refocus Issue
    Click on a window that partially covers MC then click any of MC's visible borders while the cursor is showing the resize tool and MC will resize slightly smaller even though you only clicked  Also, you do not have the option to resize MC's window by grabbing directly beneath the button bar.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/31  Priority: Low
    No "to All" Buttons
    Was moving some files that overwrote some other files and MC asks for confirmation on each.  There needs to be "Yes to All" and "No to All" buttons.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/21  Priority: Low
    Keyboard Shortcuts Unavailable in Web Media
    You cannot use keyboard shortcuts such as CTRL-V.  You cannot tab between fields.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
    ASIO fades too early
    Using ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a single track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.
Toast goes in the toaster.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2003, 10:18:54 am »

For playlists in the action window, I'd like a way to categorize them. If I have lots of playlists, a long alphabetical list, is time-consuming to navigate, espcially if only remember the group rather than the name.

Perhaps retain the playlist groups you have in the tree?

S

dragyn

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2003, 04:49:14 pm »

Sometimes the tree pane shifts to the right. When this happens, I can't see anything. I can only move the divider to the right (not left). It's like locked in place.

I have no idea how it happens but it has happened more than once already. This has been occurring ever since the horizontal slider was removed.

Media Center Registered 9.1.240 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 50 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
[/size]

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2003, 05:36:32 pm »

1) The JRiver video encoder and decoder codecs do not register properly when upgrading to any new version from any previous version.  I have to manually register the MJVideoEncoder.ax and MJVideoDecoder.ax files.  Strangely enough, if I completely uninstall Media Center, clear out the registry, and the directory, then do a fresh reinstall it registers fine.

2) The graphics for the pause/play button do not toggle in TV Tuner mode when entering/exiting time-shifting mode.

3) The Date (filename friendly) field in the Detailed Info screen does not generate unique names.  For example, If more than one file is created 1/1/98, both files would have a value of 19980101-000000 in the Date (filename friendly field).

4) Unable to stream video files from Media Server to Media Center.  I recieve an error " DirectShow: Unknown streaming error: 0xc00d002b" and then Media Center crashes.  The same files play fine with Media Center locally.

5) If I go into the options for Media Server, then exit without making any changes, and restart Media Server it will crash.

Thanks,
amwoza

Media Center Registered 9.1.240 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium III 997 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 432 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     CD-RW  CRX140E     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2003, 05:53:17 pm »

Try this...

In TV mode hold down the FF button.  When i do that i get an error.

phatrabt

Shelly

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2003, 05:17:19 am »

Bug:
MC opens in minimized position.  This is not related to my previous problem of MC crashing when minimized.  

LisaRCT

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2003, 05:50:30 am »

OPEN: error generated upon exit
(seems to happen less this build)

OPEN: erroneous duplicates reported by MC which  
    are NOT shown in Windows

BUG: Streaming media should go silent when buffering, NOT sound like a jack-hammer or machine-gun in your head playing the last buffered bits repeatedly.
If you lose your connection this can go on forever . . .  
really annoying when using headphones or when listening away from the PC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2003, 06:51:20 am »

OPEN: error generated upon exit
(seems to happen less this build)

Lisa,
Please start a new thread on this.  It may not be our bug.  You could ask if anyone else sees it.  Also disable all plug-ins you can.

RMB

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2003, 07:04:02 am »

Bug:

Once 'Artist Info' is selected, it is not aware of changes to the Currently playing track.

If it is clicked again, nothing happens.  In order to get information about the changed current track it is necessary to first select 'Playing Now', and then 'Artist Info' again.
RMB

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2003, 08:40:08 am »

Bug or feature?

For the same (single...) selection of a track, the filename can be edited in the tracklist but not in in the File Properties / Action Window...

jleerigby

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2003, 10:13:10 am »

Bug:
MC opens in minimized position.  This is not related to my previous problem of MC crashing when minimized.  

Shelly.  If you are opening MC from a shortcut on your desktop make sure it's not set to 'run minimised' (right click>properties> shortcut tab).  Apologies if you know this and it's something else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up