INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.35 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 9981 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.35 for Windows -- Available here
« on: January 12, 2016, 10:22:36 am »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210035.exe

21.0.35 (1/12/2016)

1. Fixed: Showing and hiding the tree would result in Action Window pages not redrawing properly.
2. Fixed: Bookmarking could be wrong after watching a TV program that was currently being recorded if the recording had been started later than the program start time.
3. Changed: Recording Rule ID is now viewable for media type "Video" in addition to media type "TV".
4. Fixed: Starting playback from the command line of audio files would jump to fullscreen (but we only wanted to do that for images).
5. NEW: Added a mid-side encoding DSP to Parametric Equalizer.
6. NEW: The action for a files command in MCWS accepts "m3u" to create an m3u format playlist.
7. Fixed: Audio could hiccup between tracks in recent builds.

21.0.34 (1/7/2016)

1. Fixed: Searching for -1 didn't work properly.
2. Fixed: Picking users accounts wasn't working.

21.0.33 (1/7/2016)

1. Fixed: A bookmarking bug when playing a TV show currently being recorded.
2. Changed: Double-clicking an image from Explorer will now launch fullscreen mode even if the program is sitting in Playing Now.  You might need to double-check the "Options > General > Jump to windowed display mode when playback is started externally" option.
3. Changed: Further adjustments to the way searches are handled to improve the accuracy of the results on larger libraries.
4. Changed: Made the AA plugin a bit smaller using the new build framework.

21.0.32 (1/6/2016)

1. Changed: The position OSD updates the position continually as it's showing instead of just showing a static snapshot.
2. Fixed: Smartlist editor dialogs could be squashed horizontally by user resizing, making them unreadable.
3. NEW: When in Standard Television view, the Delete key on keyboard will delete selected recorded TV shows and selected recording rules.
4. Changed: "Done" button on Manage TV Channels dialog window is renamed "Close".
5. Changed: Reduced the size of MFC executables using the new framework.

21.0.31 (1/4/2016)

1. Changed: The tooltip text on the system tray can be longer (128 characters instead of 64 characters).
2. Fixed: Window placement was not getting saved when modeless dialogs closed.
3. Changed: Added a value of 15 seconds into the ladder of times to wait when switching the display.
4. Changed: On Manage Channels window the channel list header code "(12-3 ABC)" is changed to "(123 ABC)" for channels sorted by name (with channel number in front).
5. Changed: Updated to the latest version of the Chromium engine for webpages.
6. Fixed: Video files without audio did not convert successfully.
7. Fixed: Media Center would sometimes select the wrong audio streams during video playback when no preferred audio language was configured.
8. Fixed: Some web radio URLs would not open but instead hang the program forever.
9. Changed: Built using the new development framework.
10. Changed: Updated the Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).

21.0.30 (12/22/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP Studio was blinking with VST effects installed (the fix is wider and might also make drawing in general more efficient).
2. Fixed: When a TV channel was being watched on a single client at the same time also watched on the server, changing channel on either the server or the client would cause the channel changed on the other computer.
3. Fixed: Logging could crash MC under some circumstances.
4. NEW: Added a command MCC_TOGGLE_THEATER_VIEW_GRIDS_CHANNEL_NAME (30026) to toggle Theater view guide grid's "hide channel names when channel logos are available" setting.
5. Changed: Made the "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" tool no longer available when connected to a server (because the results were confusing anyway).
6. Fixed: When playing a TV show that was being recorded, MC could hang with a black screen and normal sound.  (possibly only with madVR).
7. Changed: Increased the number of "Wait after change" values in Options > Video.
8. Fixed: VST effects could be corrupted.

21.0.29 (12/17/2015)

1. Fixed: In Theater View Guide television shows associated with channels that had been put in groups as non-top members were still included, and displayed in grids, but were not playable.
2. NEW: Added new TVInfo() expressions ProgramChannelNumber and IsOnNonTopGroupedChannel.
3. Fixed: The word "Live" was appended to the time on position OSD for all non-TV video playback (only in build 28).
4. Fixed: Potential worker thread hang in CListener class, also a potential memory leak.
5. Fixed: Television channel logos did not show in Theater View guide grids on client machines.
6. Fixed: Clearing the playback range field on a file could cause the program to go into an infinite loop in certain cases.
7. Fixed: In rare cases television time-shifting/recording folder got shared with two simultaneous recordings of the same title, resulting in both recordings not watchable.
8. Fixed: Fixed potential hangs/crashes and memory leaks in networking code.

21.0.28 (12/14/2015)

1. Fixed: The Chromium Web Engine did not render properly on HighDPI displays.
2. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR v0.89.17.
3. Fixed: Pressing delete during an image slideshow was no longer working (the fix meant reenabling the delete shortcut in fullscreen but then ignoring the command if it comes and the UI is fullscreen -- testing appreciated)
4. NEW: Added MCC_CLOSE_QUICK_SEARCH to close the quick search box (21034).
5. Changed: TheTVDB lookup can look up tracks that don't have a season or episode number and will now look up just by the episode name.
6. Changed: Library Server Sync is more robust against sync errors when the Library Server is restarted.
7. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
8. Changed: Playlist deletions get properly synced from and to Library Server clients.
9. Changed: When showing playback position OSD (using up or down arrow) for television shows, time-shifting between 1 and 59 seconds are shown as " shifted xx seconds".  Previously only time-shifting larger than 1 minute was shown.  Also if the time-shifting is less than one second, the word "Live" is shown.

21.0.27 (12/11/2015)

1. Changed: Made a change to the tagging window to prevent editing tags when no files are selected.
2. Fixed: Rotten Tomatoes wouldn't look up movies like Amélie correctly because of the accent.  Trying to just remove the accents before the search.
3. Fixed: Opening the ASIO line in with the channel count set to more than 32 would crash.  Now it fails gracefully.
4. Fixed: When loading XMLTV EPG data, "Series" field could inherit a value from an old program in the same time slot if the new program was not a series.
5. Changed: When loading XMLTV EPG data, all relevant fields are updated, instead of only updating those that are not empty.  This prevents wrong data from being retained.
6. Fixed: MCWS would send an unexpected server error response after the normal response when receiving HTTP POST requests with Keep-Alive.
7. Changed: Added a timeout to stopping auto-import threads to fix a possible hang.
8. Changed: Adjusted television channel logo display in Guide so that the logos keep their aspect ratio.  Also increased the border width around the logos so they do not appear touching each other.
9. Fixed: Audio tracks without a language tag would erroneously show as "Abkhazian" in the Display View OSD.
10. NEW: Added an option in television properties "Hide channel names in Theater View guide when channel logos are available".
11. Fixed: In Rename, Move & Copy dialog, columns couldn't be resized to show the entire filenames if they were very long.
12. Fixed: The multi-match CD dialog didn't scale nicely for high DPI.
13. Fixed: Television subscription could schedule recordings on channels that were non-top grouped channels, resulting in multiple recordings of the same program, if programs had been created for these channels prior to the channels being grouped.
14. Fixed: The CD information could change as a track was ripping.

21.0.26 (12/8/2015)

1. Changed: Coverart tools are available for "TV" media types (TV channels and programs).
2. NEW: Television channel logo support in Theater View guide grid.
3. Fixed: In "Mini View" mode on Windows 10 with Noire skin, the minimize button was partly overlaying the player window.
4. Fixed: When resampling, the source format listed in DSP Studio wouldn't get updated properly when switching tracks.
5. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Fixed: ASIO Live would crash if you picked more than two channels.
7. Changed: Enabled DoP bitstreaming for DSD256.
8. Changed: Database key value for a television channel is displayed in Details box on Manage Channels dialog window.
9. Changed: Television channel logo, if available, of the first selected channel, is displayed on Manage Channels dialog window.
10. Fixed: The keyboard shortcut to change the audio stream during DVD playback was not working (Ctrl+Shift+L).
11. NEW: Added "Channel logo" menu when right-clicking on a single channel on Manage Channels dialog window.  The menu is the same as the Cover Art menu elsewhere.
12. Changed: Manage Channels dialog window is now resizable.  It was tweaked so it will fit within monitor screen better with magnified screen sizes (such as 125% and 150%).
13. Fixed: When setting the playback range back to an empty value the duration wouldn't update to the whole file (now it updates the library from tags on that change).
14. Fixed: When loading XMLTV EPG data, re-run flag was not saved when its value was false.  This caused previously saved bogus "true" value not to be corrected.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Arindelle

Re: Media Center 21.0.35 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 12:42:12 pm »

just noticed one thing that wasn't happening before v34/35 Matt.

When linking zones between a server and a client PC, playback of a mixed playlist, seems like there is a resync going on for every track change, which pauses the audio. Does not happen when playing a complete album.  Affects client and server playback. There is a pause, audio gets resynced and then it plays. This pause is often 10 to 30 secs into the new song on the list ... the "next" song plays, out of sync for these 10 to 30 or so secs. Playback from memory if off on both.

Anything to do with the audio "hiccup" fix? Just though I put it out there.

v_erich

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 12:57:17 pm »

5. NEW: Added a mid-side encoding DSP to Parametric Equalizer.

Thanks for that feature!

BR
Erich

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 01:02:31 pm »

Thanks for that feature!

BR
Erich

Sure!

I had remembered somebody requesting it a while ago, but then I couldn't find it when I went looking.

In any event, it was a pretty easy addition and it might prove useful for some people.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re: Re: Media Center 21.0.35 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 02:07:26 pm »

Sure!

I had remembered somebody requesting it a while ago, but then I couldn't find it when I went looking.

In any event, it was a pretty easy addition and it might prove useful for some people.
It was in https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99096.0 (just in case you need some more suggestions!)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 06:04:45 pm »

3. Changed: Recording Rule ID is now viewable for media type "Video" in addition to media type "TV".

Looking at the Video/Shows view, when a Series is recorded using more than one Recording Rule, which can happen if rules are deleted and then new rules created for the same program, the different Recording Rule ID's are correctly shown for each recorded program.

However, at the Series level in a Category View, an average is displayed, which appears to be the average of the numeric values of the Recording Rule ID numbers. i.e. "452082508.1 avg" is an example value for one of my Series.

I would expect [Varies] to be shown at the Series Category level.

Also note that in my Custom View of Guide data, which is limited to the "Television Guide" database by the "Set rules for file display", the "Recording Rule ID" is never filled with data. It is always blank. I tried adding a rule that restricted the view to a "Media Type" of "TV", but that made no difference.

This behaviour existed before this latest change. I was expecting any program that was listed in the "To Be Recorded" list to have a "Recording Rule ID" associated with it in the Guide data.
Comments should go over here for this question I guess.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 07:27:16 pm »

just noticed one thing that wasn't happening before v34/35 Matt.

When linking zones between a server and a client PC, playback of a mixed playlist, seems like there is a resync going on for every track change, which pauses the audio. Does not happen when playing a complete album.  Affects client and server playback. There is a pause, audio gets resynced and then it plays. This pause is often 10 to 30 secs into the new song on the list ... the "next" song plays, out of sync for these 10 to 30 or so secs. Playback from memory if off on both.

Anything to do with the audio "hiccup" fix? Just though I put it out there.
No because the audio fix in 35 corrects a problem in 34.

I encountered that problem and the fullscreen from commandline problem, so thanks for both fixes!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 01:40:53 am »

gappie

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 04:41:26 am »

4. Fixed: Starting playback from the command line of audio files would jump to fullscreen (but we only wanted to do that for images).

thank you very much for that fix.. all is well again.

:)
gab

Transilium

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 05:31:53 am »

Crash or loop playing ape files.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 05:33:36 am »

Crash or loop playing ape files.
Try changing audio settings.  More information might help.  Do other files work? 

I will move this to a new thread.

Arindelle

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 06:39:26 am »

No because the audio fix in 35 corrects a problem in 34.

ah ok totally unrelated then. Thx for the clarification :)

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 11:12:41 am »

Potential bug (possibly longstanding, but I just noticed it a few versions back) :

MC doesn't seem to be writing the "Source" tag to FLAC files correctly.  I occasionally rip CDs in another program to get more robust metadata, when I import the resulting FLAC files into JRiver, the metadata comes through perfectly and the source tag reads "CD (Lossless)."  I don't use that particular formulation for the source field, so I change the contents of the tag for new files in JRiver (so that it says "CD" or "Physical Disc").  However, when I look at the tags in the file with an external tag viewer it still says "CD (Lossless)," and if I edit the metadata in the file externally (say changing the cover art), JRiver's auto-import correctly detects an external change and pulls in the new cover art, but also pulls in the old Source tag so the Source tag reverts to "CD (Lossless)".

So it seems that JRiver is not writing that tag to the files, even though the tag can obviously be written to the file.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 11:54:40 am »

thank you very much for that fix.. all is well again.

:)
gab

Confirmed here, the problem has gone with 35, thanks!

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2016, 03:32:22 pm »

I updated from 21.23 to 21.35 yesterday.  I noticed that whenever the track changes, my entire desktop seems to flicker and gets redrawn.  This happens if MC is minimized or active and in-focus.

I reverted to 21.23 and the screen flicker problem is gone (whew).

I tried 21.34, no problem.

I have gone back and forth between 21.34 and 35 a few times... the problem clearly started with 21.35.
Pages: [1]   Go Up