INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I delete a Main View that only appears in the Load View drop down menu?  (Read 3889 times)

Kintsakis Mike

• Recent member

Hi, I am a new member but a JRiver owner since 19, now using 21.

I have saved a few (6) views some root and some under audio or video. Then I deleted them by right click and delete or by reset all views to default. However when a try to load an existing view i get the names of the views i deleted in the drop down box.
So i tried to find a way to delete them but failed.

Then I created a new library but the deleted views still show up in the drop down box.

Searching the forums i realized that this question came up in 2008 and 2009 but was not answered.

Searching the manual did not help either most sections are marked   "deprecated".

So I am posting my question here and hope I will get an answer.

PLEASE can you help?

If I do not get an answer or if i am told that this is not possible i will
have to perform a clean reinstall of the program.  

PS
I have even tried to create a new view with the same name with one of the deleted views and then to delete it but it still appears as a choise on the Load View drop down box.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to delete a view that only appears in the load view menu
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 02:53:26 am »

Searching the manual did not help either most sections are marked   "deprecated".
You can ignore that in many cases.

Kintsakis Mike

• Recent member

You can ignore that in many cases.

Thanks Jim.

I agree with you.
In most cases the content of the manual remains relevant and helpful.

Should I take it that the only way to get rid of the "remnants"
is to perform a new clean reinstall after flashing of all the
"user files"  ? 

Arindelle

Hi

I think what you want is to go here with a standard set-up where you have installed JRiver to your system drive C:\

\Users\?\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Library\Saved Views\?.jvi

of course id don't know your user name nor the file you want to remove so replace the "?" :) but once you are in the directory just delete the jvi extension file(s). No reason to reinstall.

Kintsakis Mike

• Recent member

Hi Arindelle,

thanks a lot, your suggestion does make sense !!,

in fact now that i think of it ..... that is what i should have done in the first place....
I just did not know where these files are....

like where are the dsp save files ...  would appreciative it if you could tell me

and  now for the bad news .... IT DID NOT WORK.... and i just cannot believe it.....
there was a file there and I deleted it but the remnants are still in the drop down box

I am wondering if i should delete the entire \j river\MC 21 directory

once again thanks a lot for the advice

Arindelle

if it didn't work, its probably because the files are resident somewhere else or maybe from older installs Not sure

what I would do is do a general search from Windows and locate them .. they all have jvi extensions. You must close JR and media server and reboot it for it to change, but I'm sure you know that right? No more files with jvi no more view templates ... although I'm talking about user views not default views ... these will always come back as choices .. even if you can delete them opn the next version they would be reinstalled. You don't have to show them in the Tree however.

DSPs are not files ... you are referring to the presets? .. if so you can get rid of them through the appropriate dsp studio mode by clicking the button Load/save .. there is an option to delete

blgentry

Let's try to be clear about what you are seeing.  Are you talking about a menu item?  In particular:

View > Load / Save View > Load > (see view names here)

If so, those are presets for tabs and splits.  They don't have anything (directly) to do with the views that are on the left hand side in the navigation area.  Where are they stored?  I think they are stored in the registry.  I just did a search and found a thread (an old one of mine actually!) that says they are saved in the registry here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 20\Properties\View Presets

Delete them from the registry and they should disappear from the menu.

Brian.

Kintsakis Mike

• Recent member

Hi, arindelle and blgentry

The good news first: My question was answered thoroughly. Bryan's reply was a bull's eye.

Bryan, I have located your post  (of July 2015) where you came across the exact same situation, and that is exactly what happened to me. I was experimenting with saving Root Custom Split views in various tabs (can have up to 10 tabs) and after 7 different scenarios I was ready to delete them but there was no delete button. 

Even if MC is live you can see the "remnant entries" on the drop down box disappear one by one as you delete the registry keys one by one.

Off Topic <
For me this is the most important feature of the MC (with regards to database manipulation) because it enables one to customize the MC interface in such a way as to be able to execute almost any action he wishes with no more than two mouse clicks. >

Now the bad news is that I have another question, that I would kindly ask, but I think this will be easy for you all to answer.

Here is the question:

I am using several VST plugins to do all my DSP, not that it matters, but they include  (TDR Feedback Compressor, SilcHDR, DensitymkIII, reaeq, reafir, reaxcomp, BootEqmkIII).

In each window for these plugins there is a "LOAD/SAVE..." button in the lower right corner of the window and a "LOAD" and a "SAVE" button combination on the upper right corner.

a) What is the difference between the upper and lower sets? (I am using the upper one)
b) Where are those values saved in?  (I hope there are saved in a file and not in the registry.)

once again thank you all for your valuable and timely advise

Mike

Arindelle

Here is the question:

I am using several VST plugins to do all my DSP, not that it matters, but they include  (TDR Feedback Compressor, SilcHDR, DensitymkIII, reaeq, reafir, reaxcomp, BootEqmkIII).

In each window for these plugins there is a "LOAD/SAVE..." button in the lower right corner of the window and a "LOAD" and a "SAVE" button combination on the upper right corner.

a) What is the difference between the upper and lower sets? (I am using the upper one)
b) Where are those values saved in?  (I hope there are saved in a file and not in the registry.)
sorry Mike I only use VST pluggins for a DAW, not for audio Playback. for JRiver DSPs, I don't see a top Load/Save button just the bottom one. Can't help

bump
Pages: [1]   Go Up