INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Series Season Covert Art Missing  (Read 4982 times)

elprice7345

• World Citizen
TV Series Season Covert Art Missing
« on: January 29, 2016, 06:17:20 pm »

I have an issue with season specific cover art not displaying.

For example:
I have 7 seasons of the series Sons of Anarchy.

The series image is in the directory ...\J River\Cover Art\Series.

I have 7 additional images, 1 for each season in the directory ...\J River\Cover Art\Seasons.

The series image displays properly, but none of the season specific images display. All are either missing or the series image is displayed.

I assume MC should display season specific cover art, because MC populated the folder automatically (I din't create the images manually).

Is there some way I can rebuild the season specific images?

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV Series Season Covert Art Missing
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 08:55:33 pm »

My MC Server is not automatically getting new cover art anymore for new tv show recordings. Manual running Import Now does work. I really wish I knew how to completely reset all the Cover Art and Cover Art settings.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 10:01:01 pm »

I have an issue with season specific cover art not displaying.

For example:
I have 7 seasons of the series Sons of Anarchy.

The series image is in the directory ...\J River\Cover Art\Series.

I have 7 additional images, 1 for each season in the directory ...\J River\Cover Art\Seasons.

The series image displays properly, but none of the season specific images display. All are either missing or the series image is displayed.

I assume MC should display season specific cover art, because MC populated the folder automatically (I din't create the images manually).

Is there some way I can rebuild the season specific images?

Did they every display properly?

If not, I'd guess you don't have the images named properly.

What I would do is use a view that lets you select episode 1 from all 7 seasons, then right click on the selected images and select Cover Art > Get from internet.

This will bring up a window showing the series and all the seasons, and will (slowly) populate the images it finds for the series and all seasons.  browse the options, select the ones you want for all seasons, and hit OK.

This should save them all to the correct place and with the correct names.  if for some reason you cannot get the image you want with this tool, just pick anything so that it gets saved, then replace the 'wrong' image with the 'right' image you already have.

You may have to 'update library (from tags)' to get MC to correct the image it displays, but probably not.
pretend this is something funny

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 12:31:45 am »

If not, I'd guess you don't have the images named properly.

As per the Wiki, this is the correct file naming structure for Season image: "[Series name] - Season [Season number].jpg"  Note the spaces.

So for example "Boston Legal - Season 2.jpg" is the correct file naming.

Series and Season Cover Art is working fine for me, but I am using the default Cover Art directory structure.
The correct default directory for Season Cover Art is: "C:\Users\[UserID]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Cover Art\Seasons"
Have you changed the root Cover Art directory in Options\File Location\Cover Art.

If you aren't using the default directory for Cover Art, what happens if you try changing to using the default directory, by changing the settings and moving the files? If the files aren't being found, maybe something has been broken when using a non-standard directory structure.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 06:54:45 am »

elprice,
What do you see  in your Theater View display - just a "placeholder" for the season cover art - or nothing?

Is your Theater View setup like this (where you have Series and Season in the "Details" display window):

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 08:29:27 am »

delete
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 05:33:09 pm »

elprice,
What do you see  in your Theater View display - just a "placeholder" for the season cover art - or nothing?

Is your Theater View setup like this (where you have Series and Season in the "Details" display window):

Thanks for your post @CountryBumkin! It made me realize my original question wasn't clear enough.

So my series and season cover art works fine in Theater View. My OP was about seeing season cover art in a library view.

In a library view, when I'm scrolling through a series, should I see the season level cover art when I click on a specific season?

Currently, I only see the series cover art for all seasons and for each individual season.

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 01:24:33 pm »

Should I see season level cover art in a Library view?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 02:06:24 pm »

What you call the "Library view" is really called the view "Standard View".

I have never seen Season cover art in the Video>Shows list-view. I only see the Series cover art.
You can right click on the "Shows" and customize the view. In the "Show Categories in this Order" window, you can add "Season" to add an additional view level.

Perhaps someone else that knows more will come along and explain how to get the view you want.

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 02:26:49 pm »

What CB said is accurate. "Shows" doesn't have a Season category, so it's not going to show Season cover art.  I have a TV view that includes Season as a category, and it definitely shows my Season cover art.

Brian.

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 02:38:57 pm »

Thanks for clarifying!
Pages: [1]   Go Up