INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy III -- Keep Those Requests Coming -- Please read the first post  (Read 111590 times)

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck

It appears to me that in recent upgrades, the ability to manipulate metadata in tagging in the devices & storage area before importing is no longer available for the folder as a whole.  I find that it is very helpful to be able to change tags before importing.  For example, I get a remaster of an album I already have and the tagging scheme is the same.  Then, I have to go through each file individually to change where I could do this only once before importing in the past.  Can this feature be restored?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

For example, I get a remaster of an album I already have and the tagging scheme is the same.  Then, I have to go through each file individually to change where I could do this only once before importing in the past. 

I'm not sure what feature you are describing; perhaps someone else is familiar.  But the example you give is actually very easy to solve very quickly:

1.  Highlight all files of the original album.
2.  edit > copy
3.  Highlight all files in the remaster album
4.  Edit > Paste tags

Then edit the album name if you'd like.

Brian.

imugli

• MC Beta Team

I've put this in the developer thread, but any chance of Record, Subscribe, Cancel MCWS commands for TV? 

ssands

• Galactic Citizen

I put this is the feature request thread, but calling it out here, as I think it is a Too Easy request...

When selecting Tools | Import | Import Single Folder...
Please allow automatic audio analysis, or at least make it a checkbox option.

Thank you.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I put this is the feature request thread, but calling it out here, as I think it is a Too Easy request...

When selecting Tools | Import | Import Single Folder...
Please allow automatic audio analysis, or at least make it a checkbox option.

Thank you.

I'll take a crack at that tomorrow for MC22.  Wish me luck!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

I'll take a crack at that tomorrow for MC22.  Wish me luck!

Good luck Matt!

Then you can take a look at adding it to the TV recordings import process, at the end of each recording, along with the other options available with Auto-Import, such as getting Series and Season Cover Art from the internet, Get Movie & TV Info, without tag overwrite (or optionally with it? not sure). There was a TV thread about this stuff recently. . . Here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=104610.0

Or specifically my comments here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=104610.msg727874#msg727874

Should be Too Easy, huh?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks.  I used to be able to click on the white space below the individual files and you could do entire folder edits.  I will try your method.

I'm not sure what feature you are describing; perhaps someone else is familiar.  But the example you give is actually very easy to solve very quickly:

1.  Highlight all files of the original album.
2.  edit > copy
3.  Highlight all files in the remaster album
4.  Edit > Paste tags

Then edit the album name if you'd like.

Brian.

vairulez

• World Citizen

I would really like to have presets for stereo downmixing (voice, music, film, film with louder center, etc...) or access to the downmixing matrix and the possibility to create those presets. Of course those presets would need to be avaiable through the osd in theaterview.
HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

kstich

• Recent member

I mainly use the audio -> files menu for playing music. I would love if there were an easy way to sort by artist, album, track number in one click. Sometimes this gets out of order and confuses friends and family.

kstich

• Recent member

I  would love improvements in the dvd ripping and disc info look up. I often put the disc in and it is immediately recognized for what it is, that is the disc name pops up just fine with artwork etc. However almost always when I rip the disc I have to search for the info again and it often doesn't find the right info. I am not sure if these are different engines but it would be great if this could be copied from the disc when ripping instead of having to re-search.

kstich

• Recent member

I don't know if this is an hour or more...

I would like to see an easier way to assign output channels in an active crossover setup. An example is a stereo configuration with active three way crossovers. It would be great if you could map or link the channels then apply low, mid, high crossover points, delays, etc without having to go through the parametric eq menu and copying channels and applying filters independently to each. A nice gui would help too. So if I am using a 7.1 sound card it would be nice if there were a gui where you could select the desired output channel configuration (2, 5.1, 7.1) with the ability to drag unused channels to where you would like them to be linked.

AlanDistro

• World Citizen

I'd love to see the size (dimensions) of Cover Art that's embedded in the flac files easily accessible somewhere.

Right now I have to right-click, Cover Art->copy first file, open Photoshop, file->new, just to see the dimensions. I try to keep all of my Cover Art at 1000x1000px or more so I can make it full screen while playing, but some of the older files still need to be updated. Can this be put somewhere? Maybe if I hover over the cover art for more than 1 second it can pop up like a tool tip? Or when I'm looking at the tags and it says "Inside File" maybe it could just say "Inside File (650x650px, 178kb)"?

blgentry

I mainly use the audio -> files menu for playing music. I would love if there were an easy way to sort by artist, album, track number in one click. Sometimes this gets out of order and confuses friends and family.

Start a new thread on this and I'll show you how to do it.  In one click.

Brian.

blgentry

I'd love to see the size (dimensions) of Cover Art that's embedded in the flac files easily accessible somewhere.

Two library fields contain this information:  [Image Height], [Image Width] .  Just display those in any view you want to see them in.  Or look at them in the Tag Action Window.

I have a custom view I built for maintaining cover art.  See it here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103486.msg719041#msg719041

Brian.

AlanDistro

• World Citizen

Two library fields contain this information:  [Image Height], [Image Width] .  Just display those in any view you want to see them in.  Or look at them in the Tag Action Window.

I have a custom view I built for maintaining cover art.  See it here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103486.msg719041#msg719041

Brian.

Thank you! That will save me hours of future copying and pasting work. Really appreciate it!

imeric

• MC Beta Team

Could we please make Images (Large Thumbnail) show in the playing now view.
thank you

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.

In the "Theater View" slideshow allow for multiple artists pictures using the semi-colon (Wink in the "Artists" tag.  It was this way at one time, but got changed somewhere.  Now it only shows pictures of the first artist listed.

After some further research, it appears the semi-colon feature still works, but can be a bit one-sided in the artwork shown.  For instance when playing Trio, by Emmylou, Dolly, & Linda there are way more pictures of Dolly.  Like 10-1.  If I list one of the other artists first I will get a more equal presentation, though the last listed artist is not ever shown (at least not before the track ends).  Could use a little tinkering.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen

Automatically make MKV chapters available to select and play as video particles.

zeusl

• Recent member

Ctrl and Left click (and if it works: mouse button 3) on the small arrow in front of (for example) Album to open the album in a NEW tab.

(I use MC primarily for music...)

kstich

• Recent member

Not sure if this has been asked before, or if it is already there somewhere... but it would be nice if there were a way to get from the internal Web browser interface to an external browser, e.g. Right click and select launch in default browser.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

Make the Car Radio buttons refresh their source smartlist when pressed instead of caching the current list.  Car Radio is a fantastic way to set up a group of quick access buttons on the UI but is currently hamstrung.

Sesam

• World Citizen

When scraping multipart TV episodes, instead of scraping the name exactly like it says on TVDB "Episode Name (1)" and "Episode Name (2)". Make MC interpret that as "Episode Name: Part 1" and "Episode Name: Part 2".

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

When scraping multipart TV episodes, instead of scraping the name exactly like it says on TVDB "Episode Name (1)" and "Episode Name (2)". Make MC interpret that as "Episode Name: Part 1" and "Episode Name: Part 2".

No thank you. I prefer the names to be identical to what is in TheTVDB. Particularly when the Episode names aren't the same, and the (1) and (2) are intended to show the episodes are related, but they aren't always "Part 1" and "Part 2".

Doctor Who has many examples of this. Also check Criminal Minds, Season 4, Episodes 25 and 26. Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Season 1, Episodes 1 and 2; Season 4, Episodes 20 and 21. There are lots of others.

The TheTVDB method is the standard which I use, and I would prefer that MC does as well. See "Episode Arc Notation" here: http://www.thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Episodes
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jdizzy623

• World Citizen

I would really like to have presets for stereo downmixing (voice, music, film, film with louder center, etc...) or access to the downmixing matrix and the possibility to create those presets. Of course those presets would need to be avaiable through the osd in theaterview.

Could you possibly setup Zones as your presets?
I have Audio and Video as Zones but I could see adding other more defined Zones and use tags or Groups for Zone Switch.

HiFiTubes

Re: Too Easy III -- Keep Those Requests Coming -- Please read the first post
« Reply #224 on: August 16, 2016, 02:39:02 pm »

SpaceBar triggers play/pause in PartyMode.

Kid Twist

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2016, 09:43:33 am »

In Theater View, add Search as an option on the top line of all (or at least most) screens so we don't have to back out to Home to use it.

jachin99

« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2016, 01:26:50 pm »

Add a default view option where I can choose which view JRiver goes into not just at startup but also when I back out of theater view.  This would prevent computer illiterate users from being confused by standard view when they exit theater view.  In standard view, I can see where someone would get a little intimidated by all of the settings, and be afraid to mess something up, with display view, a new program would just pop up over while in fullscreen.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2016, 07:20:28 am »

Make the subroller item : player>jump to in theaterview directly callable through an MCC command

Ex: Like MCC 22001 parameter 2 calls directly the "playing now" so would MCC 2201 parameter # directly call and display the jump to dialog

Dunno if that's a "too easy" request ...

Grenache

• World Citizen
« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2016, 02:49:46 am »

Difficult for a normal user to know if this meets the qualifications, but it has been bugging me since MC12:

Is it possible to have specific list styles per level in a heirarchy in theater view?

More here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,106674.0.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up