INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy III -- Keep Those Requests Coming -- Please read the first post  (Read 111591 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Too Easy III -- Keep Those Requests Coming -- Please read the first post
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2016, 12:48:52 pm »

In the standard "Panes view" Ability to make the display View bigger vertically not just horizontally as per the snapshot attached

RD James

« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2016, 12:55:53 pm »

Middle click to close tabs.

eam81969

• Recent member
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2016, 10:20:08 am »

Turn on Blu-ray closed captions without having to go into options.  For example: with a single remote click.
i5-6500 6M Skylake Quad-Core 3.2 GHz LGA 1151 w/Intel HD Graphics 530
ASRock H170M Pro4 LGA 1151 Intel H170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Mobo
8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000)
HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" HD
DVDFab
Windows 10
JRMark: 4405

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2016, 02:45:55 pm »

Just press Escape a couple times to get out of Theater View quickly. Small mouse-only controls are unlikely to happen.

I think the requester is using a touchscreen tablet without a keyboard (he mentioned a surface pro 4 in a follow up post) and is looking for something like Windows Modern apps have (oversized minimize and close buttons that can be pressed with a finger).  I'm not sure how necessary any of that is when the theater view home button exists, though.

For folks using touch interfaces: turn on the home button in theater view options.  It will let you get to the home screen in one press, and let you leave theater view from anywhere in the interface in three presses maximum on the touch screen, so it's relatively quick.  The home button is off by default though, so folks may not know it exists and just wind up pressing back six or ten times in a row to get the home screen which (if that were the only option) would be an enormous pain.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2016, 12:50:38 pm »

Option in settings to toggle Off/On play first track when changing Car Radio playlists in standard view, via the car radio buttons.  Will be 'better' for me I know that, might be quick to do I cannot say.  *Default ON.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

Goatshade

« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2016, 11:02:00 pm »

A way to change the interval for background auto-import. As it stands, MC decides on its own whether or not to import at any given time, and I have no idea how much time exists between auto-import operations.

RD James

« Reply #156 on: February 29, 2016, 05:11:38 am »

Quick & easy DoP fixes:

1. Always set the device volume to 100% with DoP playback/bitstreaming. It can break playback on some devices if you don't do this.
2. Add an option to set the ASIO device volume to 100% during playback just like the option for WASAPI. (not just for DoP)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2016, 09:42:40 am »

Hopefully a simple one....

3D BD rips should go into the "Ripped BD Video" folder not the "Other Videos" folder (I realise these need to be mkv for playback but it seems convenient to rip a copy of the disc for backup purposes)

This should be done in the latest build.  It was just a bug that they were going to outer space.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2016, 07:02:43 pm »

In Theater View, selecting a show from TV guide brings up the show summary & other metadata with options to watch, record, etc.  You then have to click watch to watch the show.  This is totally non-intuitive to me, that is, when I select a show from the guide, I expect it to immediately play the selected show (which is how every electronic guide I have ever used works).

But recognizing that many users may like the current behavior, I request that a right (or middle click) launches the selected show immediately.  This way you have instance access to either the show or info/options depending on the mouse button clicked.

Pressing "Play" rather than "OK" plays the selected program rather than going to the info screen.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2016, 10:44:44 am »

Make the Theater View dimming feature universal. With an option to set the delay timing if it's not too involved.

I have a few reasons for requesting this…

I use Theatre View exclusively on my HTPC.

I have a Plasma TV and am therefor mindful of burn-in/image retention.

Many Blu-ray audio discs present the user with a static image for the duration of the album except for track title changes. The same with many DVD-Audio discs.

This would also be useful when pausing during a movie or an image slideshow.

It would present the user with a consistent experience and not require the need to configure the operating system’s screen saver to work with Media Center.

RD James

« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2016, 06:55:20 pm »

Can we get an option to disable the "There are no files. Double-click here to play the entire library." thing?

I've never intentionally activated this and it stops the current playback, then freezes the player for several minutes before playback actually starts, so that I can then stop it and get back to what I meant to do.

The most it should do is play a random album or start a random play doctor session, not play the entire library.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2016, 07:01:29 pm »

Can we get an option to disable the "There are no files. Double-click here to play the entire library." thing?

I've never intentionally activated this and it stops the current playback, then freezes the player for several minutes before playback actually starts, so that I can then stop it and get back to what I meant to do.

Why don't you start a new thread on that.  What you're seeing (long delay) isn't normal.  Antivirus is my first thought.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2016, 07:03:38 pm »

HEVC profile for the video converter

JimH

• Administrator

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2016, 03:09:44 am »

My biggest complaint with MC is that the audio stream and subtitle selections are buried in sub-menus.  I have no idea how much effort it would take, but is the any chance of putting audio and subtitle selection options on the top menu rather than just in the Player sub-menus?  Sure would make the player more user friendly.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2016, 05:36:25 am »

My biggest complaint with MC is that the audio stream and subtitle selections are buried in sub-menus.  I have no idea how much effort it would take, but is the any chance of putting audio and subtitle selection options on the top menu rather than just in the Player sub-menus?  Sure would make the player more user friendly.
Have you tried pressing up or down while playing? A selection of menus, including those two, appear in those menus.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #167 on: March 29, 2016, 08:06:16 am »

Don't know if this easy, but it would be awesome to have what might amount to a back button.  The main situation I would want to address is when you have a playlist you are making on the fly and an accidental touch wipes that out putting whatever you touched into playing now.  It would be great to go back and restore that list.  Thanks for the consideration.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2016, 08:39:07 am »

There is a back button on the interface, just below and right of the play button.  Backspace also backs up.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2016, 07:15:38 am »

TV Channel Logos are stored (default) at User>UserName>Appdata>Roaming>J River>Media Center 21>Files

My suggestion is for future MC versions to rename folder "File" to "Logos" to make it easy for Users to figure out where their TV Logos are stored, and to be consistent with the other folder "naming conventions" such as "Albums", "Artists", "Seasons", "Series" (where the folder names describe the folder's contents).

Obviously a very minor detail, but possibly helpful to those users trying to figure how the program works (and who may want to work within, or backup, the "TV Logo" folder).

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2016, 08:49:11 am »

Would it be possible to add a separate option for a fade in after resuming playback from a pause (not tied to pause setting)? I like fade in after pause but I also like when playback stops immediately after I press pause. :)

Thanks

Arindelle

« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2016, 09:56:15 am »

New Tag Window always opens the General, File, and Image Tab boxes. Possible to change to last opened "state"?

I though this was a configuration issue on my end, but double checked and its not. Short of removing the fields from these tabs, it seems to never "remember". This is a sort of a pain.  

RD James

« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2016, 11:25:13 am »

Can we get a "filmstrip" list view?
Same as a thumbnail view but it scrolls horizontally instead of vertically and the thumbnail size scales to fit the height of the view.

zeusl

• Recent member
« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2016, 01:34:38 am »

Alternative Mode Setting (Alt+M), some kind of notifikation (icon or text) that you are in alternative mode.
(I use MC primarily for music...)

CountryBumkin

« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2016, 04:57:04 am »

Just a minor "view improvement" suggestion.
I think it would look better if JR were to move the TV Options button to the top of the TV view. That would also make it easier to find/see (for new Users) and puts it closer to the other settings buttons - which seems like a natural place for this button. And it will make the page look better. IMO.

jachin99

« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2016, 09:32:02 pm »

I know JRiver doesn't do well playing hulu, Netflix etc. inside of the program but a good workaround is to launch these programs from JRiver using applications like Auto Hotkey.  However, once they are launched, Hulu for example is easiest to navigate with a mouse.  Is there a way JRiver could add an auto hotkey like function to make the arrows on an MCE remote or regular point and click remote act as a mouse scroll wheel? 

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2016, 10:04:04 pm »

I know JRiver doesn't do well playing hulu, Netflix etc. inside of the program but a good workaround is to launch these programs from JRiver using applications like Auto Hotkey.  However, once they are launched, Hulu for example is easiest to navigate with a mouse.  Is there a way JRiver could add an auto hotkey like function to make the arrows on an MCE remote or regular point and click remote act as a mouse scroll wheel? 

I don't think this one is appropriate for the Too Easy thread (because that isn't likely to be an hour or two of engineering time). But it isn't a bad idea. You should start a separate thread on the topic.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Toucan

• Recent member
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2016, 12:08:04 pm »

How about this one? It looks to me like it might be a quick change if accepted.

• When getting Movie & TV Info on multiple selections, under Actions and Options, keep the same selection from when it was last run.
• Maybe have an option check to enable or disable this behaviour.

This would be very useful to me at the moment because I'm automatically retagging just one field (genre) on a large number of movies, and it would save me a couple of clicks each time.

Just my penn'orth.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2016, 05:38:02 pm »

It doesn't already? I generally use the default, but... I agree, if it doesn't remember the previous selection, it should. No option is needed.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2016, 05:45:36 pm »

• When getting Movie & TV Info on multiple selections, under Actions and Options, keep the same selection from when it was last run.

I must be being dense.

I pick a few movies.  I right-click and pick Get Movie & TV Info...  It gives me a dialog to ask about what I'm hoping for.

I click OK and it finds the information and keeps the selection the same.

I don't see it reset the selection ever.

Thoughts?  Thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2016, 06:06:23 pm »

I think Toucan means the checkbox selections in the dialogue.

Based on your inclusion of this Matt;
I click OK and it finds the information and keeps the selection the same.

It seems you are thinking about the selection of the data retrieved, as you don't need to click OK to see the checkboxes.

I just ran a quick test, and the check boxes always reset back to the defaults, as per the attached image.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Toucan

• Recent member
« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2016, 06:17:15 pm »

Exactly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2016, 06:21:51 pm »

Exactly.

Oh.  Thanks.  Hopefully I'll be able to stamp that out soon.

Toucan

• Recent member
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2016, 06:30:50 pm »

Lovely jubbly. Thanks.

BonkLord

• Recent member
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2016, 08:26:51 pm »

Playing Now popup on track change! This has been shelved for way too long!  :(
Follow Me On : Twitter | YouTube

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2016, 06:49:22 am »

Oh.  Thanks.  Hopefully I'll be able to stamp that out soon.

Coming next build:
Changed: The checkbox states of the dialog shown when doing Get Movie & TV Info will remember the states of the checks.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2016, 07:49:53 am »

How about adding Glynor's custom "Watched/Played field" feature. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85974.5

It would be a nice feature, and I'm sure Glynor wouldn't mind. Of course the instructions are available in the linked thread, but it would be nice to have this built-in (and a lot of new User will never find the thread with the instructions.

TobiMan

• Recent member
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2016, 11:12:33 am »

With 21.0.69 (4/5/2016)

2. NEW: Pressing Ctrl+I will jump the list to the playing song (if it's in the list)

was introduced. Could we have the same with double clicking on the bottom (outside) the text where the current selection is shown? Just for convenience  :)

Castius

« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2016, 02:23:20 pm »

In regards to watched.
I still would really like a progress bar. i can add to the thumbnail text and theater view.
Thanks

connersw

« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2016, 12:16:05 pm »

Ability to customize the Action Window.  Or at least re-look the stock options.

This was asked before, and the recommendation was to customize the toolbar: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30587.0;wap2  However, the toolbar can get cluttered quickly, and the Action Window is good relastate below the Tree that I don't think is being used to its full potential any longer.

How many people still Burn Discs?  I would think not many.  

Even Rip Disc must be dwindling in use once you rip your initial collection. CD sales are down drastically across the board.

Personally, I think options like Rename, Move & Copy and Convert Format which are somewhat buried in the right click menu would be much more useful.  

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2016, 12:33:40 pm »

It wouldn't be a quick thing to do, but it's an interesting idea.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2016, 11:02:38 am »

I have one. Hope it's easy:

Please add [Rating] as one of the OSD menus in Display View. I have started rating my movies and often play my music in this mode so that I see a simple screen with large cover art.

zeusl

• Recent member
« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2016, 02:20:00 am »

One more:

It may be possible to activate? Double-tap the Media Server in tray to show MC.

Done

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2016, 07:39:35 am »

It may be possible to activate? Double-tap the Media Server in tray to show MC.

That's a good idea.

Coming next build:
NEW: Double-click on the media server tray icon will show Media Center.

zeusl

• Recent member
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2016, 04:30:34 am »

That's a good idea.

Coming next build:
NEW: Double-click on the media server tray icon will show Media Center.

Thanks!  :)

CompEx

• Recent member

I'd like to have a new Option for Mixing: "No upmixing, just (JRRS-)downmixing". The reason is simple: I prefer to listen to 2ch without upmixing, but I absolutely need downmixing for 5.1ch to my 4.0-setup. At the moment, I have to change the options for mixing everytime I start a movie after listening to music etc. Annoying.

Best regards

CompEx

BryanC

• MC Beta Team

I'd like to have a new Option for Mixing: "No upmixing, just (JRRS-)downmixing". The reason is simple: I prefer to listen to 2ch without upmixing, but I absolutely need downmixing for 5.1ch to my 4.0-setup. At the moment, I have to change the options for mixing everytime I start a movie after listening to music etc. Annoying.

Best regards

CompEx

You can alleviate this problem by using ZoneSwitch.

CompEx

• Recent member

ZoneSwitch doesn't help a lot. I also have Music in Surround and Movies in Stereo and with ZoneSwitch I have to switch, whenever I listen to a new combination of Music/Movie and Stereo/Surround (if I understand ZoneSwitch correctly). With the Mixingoption I proposed ("No upmixing, just (JRRS-)downmixing") I only need to select the option once and then, I'll never have to switch anything. That's a lot more convenient than ZoneSwitch.

Best regards

CompEx

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck

The ability to randomize the rows in the grid (not just the playing now grid but any data grid) with a button or a heading column called "Randomize" or "Shuffle the grid" as easy as though I were sorting it on any other column. I would just be "sorting" it on a column called Random.

RD James

ZoneSwitch doesn't help a lot. I also have Music in Surround and Movies in Stereo and with ZoneSwitch I have to switch, whenever I listen to a new combination of Music/Movie and Stereo/Surround (if I understand ZoneSwitch correctly). With the Mixingoption I proposed ("No upmixing, just (JRRS-)downmixing") I only need to select the option once and then, I'll never have to switch anything. That's a lot more convenient than ZoneSwitch.
I agree, there are a lot of problems that zone switch doesn't solve.

What I'd like to see is rule-based DSP like zone switch enables, but playing to a single audio device, and operating on a single playlist.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up