INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy III -- Keep Those Requests Coming -- Please read the first post  (Read 111594 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Too Easy III -- Keep Those Requests Coming -- Please read the first post
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2016, 03:17:59 pm »

TV Subscriptions:  When there is a potential conflict it should be listed under the remarks column in standard view under recording rules.

We already get a prompt but it would be nice to also flag it in the Remarks as a reference. If you don't double click on the subscription you will have forgotten about it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2016, 06:59:00 pm »

In the Convert Format tool, provide the option to simply remux JTV files to TS format, with no conversions. Just a straight remux.

I don't think this is complex. MC can open and demux JTV files, and can write TS format files with all TV formats, so it is only the remux that it in question.

I have been able to do this easily using "Graph Studio Next", and have found two muxing and file writing DirectShow filter sets from ATI and Elecard that, when combined with the JRiver JTV file reader, can be used to remux JTV to TS files. It is easy, but clumsy and time consuming. Only 5.1 channel AAC and AC3 audio formats present any form of challenge.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2016, 08:31:32 pm »

A very small request that will certainly help new users setting up TV, and making changes to the EPG data setup.

I just implemented the new time-out for running an external program to load EPG data. When I got to the point shown in the attached image I wasn't sure whether to press Cancel, or Scan. I didn't really need to scan my channels again, as I had just changed the time-out and re-activated my original EPG Collector task in the TV setup.

So, could the button next to the Scan button be renamed "Done", as that more closely represents what the button does, and won't have user wondering if all their changes are about to be lost if they press that button. Thanks.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2016, 01:57:46 am »

Hi Matt & all @ JRiver,

Would it be possible to have the [Album Artist] field as linkable?

Kami
Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2016, 06:46:36 am »

I cleaned the list a little and split some discussion.

Please don't start discussion here.  Please use another thread if you have a comment.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2016, 07:46:50 am »

Split dtc's DSD requests because they don't qualify for the "Too Easy" model. Please read the first post and stick to it, thanks!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Castius

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2016, 09:59:29 am »

Option to restart jriver after recording is done

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2016, 11:28:04 am »

A very small request that will certainly help new users setting up TV, and making changes to the EPG data setup.

I just implemented the new time-out for running an external program to load EPG data. When I got to the point shown in the attached image I wasn't sure whether to press Cancel, or Scan. I didn't really need to scan my channels again, as I had just changed the time-out and re-activated my original EPG Collector task in the TV setup.

So, could the button next to the Scan button be renamed "Done", as that more closely represents what the button does, and won't have user wondering if all their changes are about to be lost if they press that button. Thanks.

The Cancel button is really the cancel button.  It cancels.

To edit your profile without rescanning, you should just select the profile and click Configure button, instead of running Setup.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2016, 02:11:34 pm »

In Theater View TV Guide, if I press Record on a program in the past, initiate a subscription, or provide a popup asking if I want to set one up i.e "This program is in the past, would you like to subscribe to it?" Yes or No? Rather than just "This Program is in the past". I know that.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2016, 04:35:46 pm »

I have another little one:

When doing a Get Movie & TV Info on a TV Show episode or Movie which already contains [Genre] tags, can you do so additive-ly, instead of replacing the existing [Genre]?

I have a few different sets of shows (mostly Kids stuff and News) which get automatically assigned Genres by tag on import rules, so they go to the right Views in MC. But if an occasional automatic lookup fails, then when I re-do the auto-lookup after fixing the issue, it blows away this set [Genre] tag and moves them out of the Views where they should go.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2016, 05:23:13 pm »

Refer the image for the suggestion.

In summary, it would be really handy if I could make a quick selection from a drive/folder history list when doing rename/move/copy work. Quick one?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2016, 05:51:00 am »

Add active preset name to Rename, Move & Copy files window header bar

Krunchy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2016, 08:22:42 am »

Make music transfers to the cloud easier.

The idea is to send a flac playlist to a cloud service in mp3.
Actually it is only possible to send to an external program, which change the flac to mp3, and manully send it to the cloud service.

A direct way (send to) with a conversion in mp3 would be very nice (and would make MC more mobile...)

Thanks

LeoB

• Recent member
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2016, 07:26:59 am »

Video aspect ratio correction.

I have a couple of movies in my library with the wrong aspect ratio that I would like to correct manually.

Thank you.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2016, 02:56:35 pm »

I have a couple of movies in my library with the wrong aspect ratio that I would like to correct manually.

Thank you.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Video_Playback_Aspect_Ratio
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/OSD

Arindelle

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2016, 02:27:29 am »

In summary, it would be really handy if I could make a quick selection from a drive/folder history list when doing rename/move/copy work. Quick one?
I use presets that include the base path in the name, if you don't have tons of different paths, would this work for you?

JimH

• Administrator

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2016, 07:57:04 am »

Please make it so that 2 albums with the same name but different artists don't merge together when viewing albums with JRemote or Gizmo.  Hope it's easy.  I would think it would benefit all the users with substantial music collections.  Thanks for the consideration.

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2016, 08:18:33 am »

In standard view under the ‘View’ drop-down menu I’m afforded the ability to ‘Load’ or ‘Save’ a view.
(View > Load / Save View > Load or Save…)
Unfortunately, one has to edit the registry to remove these views once saved.
Perhaps the option to delete these saved views could be included.

Done

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2016, 08:28:13 am »

Please make it so that 2 albums with the same name but different artists don't merge together when viewing albums with JRemote or Gizmo.  Hope it's easy.  I would think it would benefit all the users with substantial music collections.  Thanks for the consideration.

I've struggled with this myself.  I kept thinking that some combination of view settings would fix it, but I haven't found a way to make it happen, and an identically specified view scheme in JRiver itself correctly separates the two albums. 

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2016, 08:30:44 am »

Works perfectly fine here. Just need to make sure a view separates them somehow, either by nesting Artist -> Album, or by making it an "Artist - Album" kind of view that includes both information automatically.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

blgentry

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2016, 08:39:20 am »

I've struggled with this myself.  I kept thinking that some combination of view settings would fix it, but I haven't found a way to make it happen, and an identically specified view scheme in JRiver itself correctly separates the two albums. 

I agree it's really odd that "Albums" in standard view separates albums with the same name, but the exact same view in JRemote/Gizmo doesn't.

I've built a new view that uses an expression:  [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album]

I defined that view directly in "customize views for JRemote.." and it works correctly:  Separates albums with the same name into individual albums as they should be.

Brian.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2016, 09:53:45 am »

Shortcut keys for "Get Movie & TV Info" and get Series and Season cover images which would also work in Theater View

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2016, 10:40:29 am »

I agree it's really odd that "Albums" in standard view separates albums with the same name, but the exact same view in JRemote/Gizmo doesn't.

I've built a new view that uses an expression:  [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album]

I defined that view directly in "customize views for JRemote.." and it works correctly:  Separates albums with the same name into individual albums as they should be.

Brian.

Yep that does it, thanks!  It is odd that Standard view and the Remotes parse the same expression differently, but it's hard to get too wound up when there's a 100% workaround  ;D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2016, 12:19:23 pm »

Can Music Videos also be enabled for lookups? (media type: video, sub type: music)

That's pretty easy!

Next build:
Changed: Videos with the subtype 'Music' can be looked up on the Get Movie & TV Info tool.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2016, 12:42:05 pm »

In standard view under the ‘View’ drop-down menu I’m afforded the ability to ‘Load’ or ‘Save’ a view.
(View > Load / Save View > Load or Save…)
Unfortunately, one has to edit the registry to remove these views once saved.
Perhaps the option to delete these saved views could be included.

Hey, that was pretty easy too!

Next build:
NEW: The 'Load / Save View' menu has a delete option to delete a given view.

LeoB

• Recent member
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2016, 04:07:48 pm »

Thank you.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Video_Playback_Aspect_Ratio
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/OSD

I'm talking about aspect ratio correction in small increments on x and y axis' independently. For example, I want to stretch a picture horizontally by 5 or 10%. It can be implemented in OSD similar to Zoom function.

CountryBumkin

Cover Art file locations and TV Logo Art
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2016, 12:48:25 pm »

I think it would be more User friendly to make a couple of small changes to description used on the settings page for "Cover Art" storage.

Currently Tools>Options>File Location>Cover Art"  describes the Cover Art setting as "Audio mode: In a specified folder" or "In the Same Folder as File (as Folder.jpg)", or "In same folder as file". Even though it says "Audio Mode" this setting also applies to Video\Television (i.e. Series, Season cover art, and TV Station Logos).

I think it would help new Users figure out the program setup/configuration better  to rename this from "Audio mode" to "Audio and Video" or "Audio and Video Cover Art".

Even better would be to have three separate choices for where to save Audio>Album Cover Art, Video>Movie Cover Art, and Video>Television Cover Art.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
Re: Cover Art file locations and TV Logo Art
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2016, 12:56:16 pm »

I think it would be more User friendly to make a couple of small changes to description used on the settings page for "Cover Art" storage.

Currently Tools>Options>File Location>Cover Art"  describes the Cover Art setting as "Audio mode: In a specified folder" or "In the Same Folder as File (as Folder.jpg)", or "In same folder as file". Even though it says "Audio Mode" this setting also applies to Video\Television (i.e. Series, Season cover art, and TV Station Logos).

I think it would help new Users figure out the program setup/configuration better  to rename this from "Audio mode" to "Audio and Video" or "Audio and Video Cover Art".

Even better would be to have three separate choices for where to save Audio>Album Cover Art, Video>Movie Cover Art, and Video>Television Cover Art.

I'd also like to see a setting for "data" cover art, i.e. it would also be nice if one could use the cover art tools for data files as well.  As it currently stands, if you want to add cover art to a data file like an ebook or video game rom you need to temporarily switch the file's media type to Video and then switch it back to data after adding the cover art.  It shows just fine after that, but it's a weird workaround.

Arindelle

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2016, 12:59:29 pm »

I think it would help new Users figure out the program setup/configuration better  to rename this from "Audio mode" to "Audio and Video" or "Audio and Video Cover Art".

even old users like me didn't know that video art followed the audio rule?? thanks

I have a question though, what benefit is there at all to put art lumped into one big folder like that?? Not for speed off of an SSD you have thumbnails for that. I can see lots of negatives, but no positives. I use video very sparingly so maybe I'm missing something?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2016, 01:09:28 pm »

even old users like me didn't know that video art followed the audio rule?? thanks

I have a question though, what benefit is there at all to put art lumped into one big folder like that?? Not for speed off of an SSD you have thumbnails for that. I can see lots of negatives, but no positives. I use video very sparingly so maybe I'm missing something?

It is confusing - I hope I got it right. If not, then that further supports the need to clarify and/or improve this settings/area.

The Television cover art goes into separate folders named "Series" and "Seasons", Audio Album art is saved in folder named "Albums", but oddly, the "TV Logos" go into a folder named "Files" (not as intuitive).

Arindelle

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2016, 01:14:47 pm »

It is confusing - I hope I got it right. If not, then that further supports the need to clarify and/or improve this settings/area.

The Television cover art goes into separate folders named "Series" and "Seasons", Audio Album art is saved in folder named "Albums", but oddly, the "TV Logos" go into a folder named "Files" (not as intuitive).
ok but still why do people want to put art anywhere else than the sub folder for the media itself ... sorry it baffles me

CountryBumkin

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2016, 02:57:40 pm »

The default location is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\....

I don't know why others do it, but for me when I want to use the "add cover art from file" or the "add Channel logo from file",  I don't want to have to drill down seven layers to get to the art. Also, I routinely/automatically backup my "Documents" folder so I keep my cover art there as a subfolder  (e.g. "Documents\Cover Art") so the cover art is backup up with my Documents files. And sometimes the art is wrong or not matching my Movie jacket, so I can manually find it on the internet then download to the proper folder (and not need to go seven folder layers deep).

What I would like is to have my cover art saved like this:
Documents\Cover Art\Movies
Documents\Cover Art\TV Series
Documents\Cover Art\TV Seasons
Documents\Cover Art\TV Logos
Documents\Cover Art\Audio Album

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2016, 03:38:48 pm »

The main reason, I suspect, for the TV Series and Season Cover Art to go into a separate folder is that there isn't necessarily a place to put it with the actual Episode media files. There may not be a Series and Season folder associated with the Episodes. Certainly for recorded TV, that is the case. The folder structure is built entirely around the details of the recording, as per the EPG data. Well, for JTV format recordings anyway.

No Series and Season folder structure is enforced when doing TV recordings, but I guess MC could do that, based on rules. But if the EPG doesn't have the Series and Season information, the rules would fail, and then you would have a mess to clean up. But a case could probably be made for moving the TV recording folder setting from "Options/Television" to "Options/File locations", and then adding a rule for the naming of a folder structure, just as with other media. But the rules would need to cope with missing EPG data.

Movie and Audio Cover Art can be next to the media file though. But TV Logos, which are just Cover Art for the channel files, don't have any place to go. Well, not a place you would want people digging around in to add Cover Art.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2016, 03:43:44 am »

In the TV Guide, when you press Record, it currently goes back to the program currently being watched, with no "Record" notification.

If I want to subscribe, I then have to go back to the program I've pressed record on, and press it again.

Request: If record is pressed on a non currently playing program, a popup displays recording and focus stays on that program. If record is pressed again, a popup flashes "subscribed".

EDIT: Done. Thanks :-)

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2016, 06:15:39 am »

This feels simple, but may not quite fit the criteria (Time???) Posting anyway....

In a full-screen slideshow, allow a click / flick to the left or right to go forwards / backwards one.
I'm using MC on a Windows 10 tablet at the minute, and this is the sort of deceptively small tweak which would make the touchscreen experience feel much better :)

-Leezer-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2016, 07:50:39 am »

This feels simple, but may not quite fit the criteria (Time???) Posting anyway....

In a full-screen slideshow, allow a click / flick to the left or right to go forwards / backwards one.
I'm using MC on a Windows 10 tablet at the minute, and this is the sort of deceptively small tweak which would make the touchscreen experience feel much better :)

-Leezer-

You can flick the image left and right today.  Have you tried?

Ark :D

• Recent member
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2016, 08:09:40 am »

That was pretty easy too!

Next build:
NEW: Added an "Eject disc" command to the Theater View disc tool selection menu.

Hey Matt, not to pester you, but I'm on .45 now and I cannot find any "eject disc" command in Theater View?....  maybe I'm an idiot.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2016, 08:32:22 am »

Hey Matt, not to pester you, but I'm on .45 now and I cannot find any "eject disc" command in Theater View?....  maybe I'm an idiot.

When there's a disk in the drive, it'll show up in Theater View under Video.

I put a DVD in and I have Video > DVD in the Theater View menu.

Picking DVD gives me a list of choices.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2016, 09:16:58 am »

You can flick the image left and right today.  Have you tried?

Ack...

This would appear to be a combination of Windows 10 tablet mode interfering, and a (IMHO) overlarge swipe requirement.

10" 1280x 800 tablet.
Swiping from the extreme right either brings up the Windows 10 charms bar, or does nothing. I presume this is Windows' fault?
Swiping from approx 1/4 of the way in works, but needs a pull almost across the screen. (Shorter swipes either don't work at all, or make the image bounce a little)

I'm not sure what the required swipe length is, but with this tablet, it's way too far.
I'd personally prefer a tap rather than swipe, but it does work.

Mildly related, all on the tablet image slideshow theme:
1. On an image slideshow, swiping left on the first image will stop playback. An option for looping would be nice :)

2. You need to tap at the top to bring up the player menu. This isn't consistent with the above- All swipes or taps? (Accepting both would be nicer  :D )

3. There's no easy way to rate images from a fullscreen slideshow on a tablet that I've found. Perhaps a tap at the bottom of the screen to popup ratings stars?

-Leezer-

• Recent member
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2016, 06:32:20 pm »

When there's a disk in the drive, it'll show up in Theater View under Video.

I put a DVD in and I have Video > DVD in the Theater View menu.

Picking DVD gives me a list of choices.

I grabbed one of my kid's movies to test, and I don't have any such menu in theater view (see attached).  I also do not have anything under Video -> DVD on the main menu, either;  clicking DVD there just plays the disc in the drive.  Not sure...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2016, 08:15:28 am »

I grabbed one of my kid's movies to test, and I don't have any such menu in theater view (see attached).  I also do not have anything under Video -> DVD on the main menu, either;  clicking DVD there just plays the disc in the drive.  Not sure...

You'll need build 46 or newer.  It's not out yet.

• Recent member
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2016, 08:25:13 am »

Understood, sorry for the derail.

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2016, 08:39:04 am »

In Theatre View, some more buttons would be useful:

+  Go to last watched or listened to (when you are in the middle of  a multi episode season), OR
+  Go to the last containing folder

+  Sort by date added

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2016, 09:30:56 am »

I'm not sure what the required swipe length is, but with this tablet, it's way too far.

Next build:
Changed: It takes half as much flick to switch images as before.

daveg

• World Citizen
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2016, 07:33:46 am »

This sounds like a quick fix, but who knows.

When clicking on any video file, have playing now window open in detached mode

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2016, 07:49:33 am »

You meant to say, add an option for this :)

I would hate it but seems fair to make it possible

franswilco

• World Citizen
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2016, 08:09:09 am »

Upon closing Media Center, it should really "remember" the state of items in the left bar (Playing Now, Audio, Playlists, Drivers & Devices, etc) that were opened manually by the user. So if I reopen Media Center a day or so later, these items are automatically re-opened again, where I left off.

I always manually "open" all of these items as soon as Media Center loaded. I don't really understand why they are closed by default.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2016, 12:23:31 pm »

This reminds me of a question I've always meant to ask.

MC is built as one window (in Standard View).

Is it correct that (outside of popup dialog boxes for information) MC is specifically and intentionally built to be one window, so it is not possible to modify it to (optionally) have - say - Playing Now - as a separate window on the Task bar ?

JimH

• Administrator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up