INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to tell if Id via WIFI is working well?  (Read 2010 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
How to tell if Id via WIFI is working well?
« on: February 09, 2016, 07:14:52 pm »

I have just connected a new Id to my main MC (20) PC.  Seems to work fine hard-wired and via WIFI close to my cable company-supplied router.  I am now trying out the connection in a remote part of my home where I would "hope" to avoid fishing CAT6 cabling if possible.  However, I do want to maximize sound quality in delivering and reproducing HiRes files.

So far in the remote location, the Id WiFi meter is reading between 59-65% wifi strength.  The audio quality SEEMS to be excellent with no apparent drop-outs thus far.  BUT... I am not sure what else I am looking for in evaluating quality level (OR .. what I may be missing!).  I have read elsewhere that stronger home routers (by Apple, Netgear Nighthawk, ASUS, etc) could substantially improve the signal strength.  But are they likely to improve HiRes performance.  If so, I am willing to purchase and try-out -- but would appreciate opinions.  (I am willing to hardwire Cat6 if the added benefit is real.)

Thanks, all.

wdesbrow

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to tell if Id via WIFI is working well?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 07:18:55 pm »

If the audio is playing and you're not hearing any interruptions, everything is fine.  No worries.  Don't change anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up